JK Rowling turned down a mysterious offer from Michael Jackson

lol who could he play? he aint British or Irish. he couldnt have been in it if he wanted to.,.. it was an all brit/irish cast.

I don't think it was anything big or special..............

..........It was probably just a request for a meeting and lunch (paid by Michael himself) or something like that!!!!!!!!

Seems to me Oprah's marketing team is following Publicity Rule #1 - mention the name Michael Jackson to attract people's attention. It works every time.

So, Oprah scores a big interview with the very private JK Rowling. The marketing team thinks the name JK Rowling alone may not be enough to grab attention, ok now, let's mention her depression and her love life. Hmm... that may not be interesting enough. Ok, let's mention Michael Jackson. Everyone loves hearing about Michael Jackson.

I don't mean to offend JK Rowling. I like her a lot as a writer. Again, it's the media. The media hates Michael; yet, can't help to mention his name whenever they can. How many times we saw the name Michael Jackson appears on articles that are remotely relevant?

I agree with you. She probably talks about MJ from a couple of minutes, and suddenly that's as important as her talking about her depression, biggest regrets, etc. Just using MJ for publicity as usual. It's sad though, because I think that JK Rowling is interesting enough. The fact that she had maybe one encounter or phone call with Michael doesn't deserve a headline.

Oprah is rich but she is only well know in the USA

Not true. Her show is broadcast every day on the biggest commercial channel in the Netherlands, and I'm sure most people around the world (particularly in West Europe, Australia and Canada) know about her.

Oprah, who is said to be the worlds most famous woman, managed to fly in and out of Scotland with no publicity.

Which world? US is a very important country, I love his people and beuty (I am specially in love with one of its citizens called MJ :wub:), but it's not the world. When are they gonna learn that? :doh: I live in this world and you can go ask anyone here on the street and her name will certainly not be the one for the most famous woman in the world. Not at all -_-

This is just a publicity stunt to promote the interview. You just have to mention Michael's name and everyone will listen.
I hope both will be respectful towards Michael, especially Oprah who has a forked tongue.
Absolutely true. There is no other point besides that. How many interviews has Ms. Rowling given in the last 6+ years? And how many times has she ever said a thing about MJ? :unsure:

And they say MJ was over... yeah... right :smilerolleyes:

Not true. Her show is broadcast every day on the biggest commercial channel in the Netherlands, and I'm sure most people around the world (particularly in West Europe, Australia and Canada) know about her.

Sorry, I don't agree with this statement.
She might be very famous in the USA, she might be in cable tV, but that doesn't make you THE famous person in the world.
The world is way bigger than the USA and Europe. Waaaaaayyy bigger :cheeky:

I don't think it was anything big or special..............

..........It was probably just a request for a meeting and lunch (paid by Michael himself) or something like that!!!!!!!!

LOL... this made me think of "The Devil wears Prada". Remember the "special request", to get the latest, not-yet-in-stores Harry Potter to Miranda's children. Maybe MJ just wanted that for his kids... or for himself!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Seems to me Oprah's marketing team is following Publicity Rule #1 - mention the name Michael Jackson to attract people's attention. It works every time.

So, Oprah scores a big interview with the very private JK Rowling. The marketing team thinks the name JK Rowling alone may not be enough to grab attention, ok now, let's mention her depression and her love life. Hmm... that may not be interesting enough. Ok, let's mention Michael Jackson. Everyone loves hearing about Michael Jackson.

I don't mean to offend JK Rowling. I like her a lot as a writer. Again, it's the media. The media hates Michael; yet, can't help to mention his name whenever they can. How many times we saw the name Michael Jackson appears on articles that are remotely relevant?

Ratings boost. MJ juicy stuff. WHATEVER! I WON"T be watching AND I WON'T giver her any ratings for it. Oprah is a piece of work!

I'm curious to know what this so-called "mysterious" offer from Michael was but I know the answer will be anticlimactic.

By the way, I know Oprah is hated among the MJ fans but I am really sad that her show is ending after 25 years. It's the end of an era for me. I have learned so much from her shows which at times have been educational as well as fun.

http://www.oprah.com/tows_listings.html

The Oprah Winfrey Show is broadcast in 145 countries across the globe.

Abu Dhabi Ajman
Algeria
Angola
Australia
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bolivia
Bonaire
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei Darussalam
Burkina Fassau
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Republic of Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
China
Colombia
Comoros
Congo
Costa Rica
Croatia
Curacao
Cyprus
Democratic Rep. of the Congo
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominican Republic
Dubai
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Finland
Fujairah
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana
Greece
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Honduras
Hong Kong
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Ivory Coast
Jamaica
Jordan
Kenya
Kosovo
Kuwait
Laos
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Luxembourg
Libya
Macau
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mayotte
Mexico
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Netherlands
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Peru
Philippines
Portugal
Principe & Sao Tome
Qatar
Ras-Al-Khaimah
Reunion
Romania
Rwanda
St. Helena
St. Lucia
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Seychelles
Sharjah
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovenia
Somalia
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Taiwan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Trinidad & Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Uganda
Umm Al-Qaiwain
United Kingdom
Venezuela
Vietnam
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Western Sahara
Yemen
Zambia
Zanzibar
Zimbabwe

Well too bad for her, she missed her chance. As for Oprah she should go away.

Sorry, I don't agree with this statement.
She might be very famous in the USA, she might be in cable tV, but that doesn't make you THE famous person in the world.
The world is way bigger than the USA and Europe. Waaaaaayyy bigger :cheeky:

I know that, I'm just saying it's not true that she's only well-known in the USA. And the fact that her show is broadcast in 145 countries around the world proves this.

But yeah as for most famous... I think Madonna has a better claim for that title.

Last edited:
something was mentioned ages ago about mj and harry potter. cant for the life of me remember what it was though. so its probably that and nothing new at all. im sure it will be spun into something perverted by the press though

Don't like Oprah as she's very two faced. JK Rowling, I neither like or dislike as I've never been interested in her Harry Potter books or the movies. I just hope what JK Rowling say's about Michael isn't negative.

someone on kop board said they remember it being reported that mj asked to play a role in the film. the character played by rick... the bad guy in the film.

I remember reading a story about how Michael was going to buy the Hogwarts Express, that was in a few papers and the story was discussed on radio:doh:

Yeah Right!!!!:D
It doesn't matter to me. Do not like Harry Potter or its demonic stories. :ninja:

Are you serious? Really? i really hate it when people talk about something they never read.

See if you read the books you would know that it isn't about demonic's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? Really? i really hate it when people talk about something they never read.

See if you read the books you would know that it isn't about demonic's.

How do you know what I have read? But yeah, I think that kind of stuff is demonic. We don't have to derail the thread. Just my opinion. There was a time in my life when that kind of stuff is all I read and watched. But now I know better. I don't watch stuff with magic in it. It actually scares me now since I know its power. And I don't want to let something in my apartment. So now, I stay far away from it. If you want to know more about why I feel that way, you can PM me and I will let you know. If not, we can leave it at this. I am not offended either way.:cheers:

How do you know what I have read? But yeah, I think that kind of stuff is demonic. We don't have to derail the thread. Just my opinion. There was a time in my life when that kind of stuff is all I read and watched. But now I know better. I don't watch stuff with magic in it. It actually scares me now since I know its power. And I don't want to let something in my apartment. So now, I stay far away from it. If you want to know more about why I feel that way, you can PM me and I will let you know. If not, we can leave it at this. I am not offended either way.:cheers:

It's not a horror film though lol. It's just a fantasy.

its about the bonds of friendship and overcoming and beating the evil side of life. if u didnt read hp then im sorry but if u have then u would have known that.

Back