Johnny Depp Wants to Play Michael Jackson in a Movie

Well Michael was gonna play Edgar Allen Poe, remember? He's a black man and he was going to play a white man. I don't recall many people making such a big deal out of that. Of coure, it never happened, but its the same situation, no different.

Anyway, Johnny Depp is a very good actor, but it sounds like it was just a misunderstanding anyway.

Well Michael was gonna play Edgar Allen Poe, remember? He's a black man and he was going to play a white man. I don't recall many people making such a big deal out of that. Of coure, it never happened, but its the same situation, no different.

Anyway, Johnny Depp is a very good actor, but it sounds like it was just a misunderstanding anyway.
Wannabe, make no mistake, the white racist media would have been the first to jump on it if JD played MJ. Look out the tried to make an issue out of MJ and Ebony. They would not miss this for the world. They are enough black people who have issues with MJ's skin turning white to make it an issue and we only need enough encouragement from the press for them to make it so. I can guarantee that Al Sharpton would have something to say about it too.:lol:

I think it could be a great movie as long as it not tabloid. Depp is a good choice and actor.

However I do not trust Hollywood. They would, I believe cast him in a negative light.

Al Sharpton sucks. lol.

Anyway, they may make an issue, but it would show extreme desperation on their part considering Michael would have no direct connection to the film. Unless he involved himself, which he has never done with any documentary, book or movie unless his own production company has produced it, they couldn't say squat and make it seem legit. Black people who have an issue with Michael over the color of his skin have to deal with their own inner deamons which cause them the inability to think for themselves.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson may look white, but Michael is a black man. There are plenty of light skinned black dudes out there that can play Mike with makeup. I like Johnny, but I'm not keen on him playing Mike.

Seems like to me he also based Edward Scissorhands on MJ, but that's cool. I have no problem with him basing his characters on Michael--but Mike is black. That's just like saying he should have played Ray Charles imo.

I agree. I find it a bit distrubing when some fans actually want Johnny to play MJ in a movie knowing that Johnny is white and MJ is black. I adore Johnny, a lot, very cool dude, but he should not play MJ. I do not want MJ to made fun of or a mockery. He can based his characters on Michael, but playing him, heck no.

If someone should play MJ I think it should be ECas. He looks just like MJ. Just saying.

I know some people were going to mention that MJ was going to play a white man, Edgar Allen Poe, in a movie, but I am actually glad that did not happen. MJ should be playing Little Richard in a movie instead of some white guy who wrote poetry that I find boring. That is no disrespect to anyone on here wholikes Edgar Allen Poe.

Al Sharpton sucks? Once again, bashing the elders.

Edgar Allen Poe was a genius. And Al Sharpton sucks, imo, because he's an alarmist and is bad for the black community, imo. I'll say what I want bee.

I don't think that Michael would let Johnny Depp play him in a movie

Michael - ''Why would i let a white person play me in a movie?'' ''I am a black american, i am proud of my race, i am proud of who i am'' - Quote from the opra interview in 93 (I can't remember the exact quote but it was something to that effect)

Last edited:
Depp playing MJ is a freakin' Joke.. ALMOST as Bad as the 'man in the mirror movie' which I found was so stupid I could not really get mad at it.. I found it almost like an long SNL skit.

Now Johnny Depp playing MJ would be rediculous.. They might as well do the cast like this if they would play around with Depp..

Michael Jackson - Jonnny Depp
Janet Jackson - Oprah
Katherine - Lil Kim
Latoya - Paula Abdul
Jermaine - Will Smith
Randy - Randy (american Idol)
Tito - Akon
Rebbie - Tyra Banls
Marlon - Will.i.am
Jackie - Martin Lawrance

good cast??? lol!

I don't think that Michael would let Johnny Depp play him in a movie

Michael - ''Why would i let a white person play me in a movie?'' ''I am a black american, i am proud of my race, i am proud of who i am'' - Quote from the opra interview in 93 (I can't remember the exact quote but it was something to that effect)

thanks, Mike smart!

Depp playing MJ is a freakin' Joke.. ALMOST as Bad as the 'man in the mirror movie' which I found was so stupid I could not really get mad at it.. I found it almost like an long SNL skit.

Now Johnny Depp playing MJ would be rediculous.. They might as well do the cast like this if they would play around with Depp..

Michael Jackson - Jonnny Depp
Janet Jackson - Oprah
Katherine - Lil Kim
Latoya - Paula Abdul
Jermaine - Will Smith
Randy - Randy (american Idol)
Tito - Akon
Rebbie - Tyra Banls
Marlon - Will.i.am
Jackie - Martin Lawrance

good cast??? lol!

VERY! :rofl:

Last edited:
Ive always wanted Mj to get into movies more and when I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I had so wished MJ had taken this part.

I would LOVE to see an updated Movie about Michael's life. I think Johnny would be great, but could he dance like him? LOL... (imagines Johnny Depp dancing to MJ.. hahahaha)

:no: I'm gonna have to pass on that one...

I LOOOOOOOOVE Johnny Depp, but I get the feeling that he doesn't really respect Michael as an artist or a person,(i could be wrong!!!!- just a feeling i got)

and besides what MJ said in the Oprah interview (which i loooove), johnny can't dance like mj.....and it just isn't realistic I love MJ tooooo much to see his life story be turned into a scandal, and for Johnny to play him like the crazy pirate or crazy willy wonka, cause he doesn't understand him :( Plus, like said before- I wouldn't trust Hollywood to do that!!!

Ya'll CAN NOT...

I WILL NOT...

allow ya'll to compare

A GENIUS actor like JOHNNY DEPP

to freakin FLEX ALEXANDER.

I'm sorry I can't let you do it. I can't lol.

No where NEAR. No where NEAR. Don't insult JD like that :lol:

And again, like i said. Acting is acting. People who are men act as women and vice versa. So i don't see whats offensive, personally, about JD playing a black person with vitiligo. I know a lot of people will find it offensive which is why i don't think it'll happen, but ya know...me, personally, don't see a problem. ESPECIALLY if the movie is quality and accurate...and JD portrays him well. Can't argue with good art, is what I say.

And Wannabe made a good point. MJ was gonna play EAP. He's white. MJ's black. And??? LOL

and besides what MJ said in the Oprah interview (which i loooove), johnny can't dance like mj.....and it just isn't realistic I love MJ tooooo much to see his life story be turned into a scandal, and for Johnny to play him like the crazy pirate or crazy willy wonka, cause he doesn't understand him :sad: Plus, like said before- I wouldn't trust Hollywood to do that!!!

We can't make that assessment really. Plus JD does a lot of research for his rolls. Willy Wonka and Jack Sparrow are fictional characters. But look at Johnny biography-like works. Finding Neverland. Ed Wood. He does his research. And JD is a GOOD ACTOR who can be versatile. Ya never know.

Last edited:
But I wanted to play Michael Jackson :ranting:Damn that Johmmy Depp ... always blocking my ish, damn him to hell

Last edited:
^ :rofl: ChiChi :lol:

I agree. I find it a bit distrubing when some fans actually want Johnny to play MJ in a movie knowing that Johnny is white and MJ is black.

.... well if that's the case... someone should tell Cate Blanchett to sit back down and not accept all them Golden globe and other award nominations for her recent portrayal of Bob Dylan.... I mean come on... she's a woman playing a man!! at the end of the day brilliant actors make you forget who you're watching anyway ;) they used a handful of people to play Bob Dylan in different stages in his life... what's to stop them from using Johnny Depp for one stage of MJ's life? if they were to film his life story? :brow:

sounds like a lot of drama in here for nothing :rofl:

But I wanted to play Michael Jackson :ranting:Damn that Johmmy Depp ... always blocking my ish, damn him to hell

LMAO!! :lol: I really hope you get your chance one day. :lol:

.... well if that's the case... someone should tell Cate Blanchett to sit back down and not accept all them Golden globe and other award nominations for her recent portrayal of Bob Dylan.... I mean come on... she's a woman playing a man!! at the end of the day brilliant actors make you forget who you're watching anyway ;) they used a handful of people to play Bob Dylan in different stages in his life... what's to stop them from using Johnny Depp for one stage of MJ's life? if they were to film his life story? :brow:

Very well said LJ. I agree completely. :yes:

he is obviously joking - and i hope Michael follows his idol Fred Astaire in legally not allowing any more portrayals of him.

I agree. I find it a bit distrubing when some fans actually want Johnny to play MJ in a movie knowing that Johnny is white and MJ is black. I adore Johnny, a lot, very cool dude, but he should not play MJ. I do not want MJ to made fun of or a mockery. He can based his characters on Michael, but playing him, heck no.

If someone should play MJ I think it should be ECas. He looks just like MJ. Just saying.

I know some people were going to mention that MJ was going to play a white man, Edgar Allen Poe, in a movie, but I am actually glad that did not happen. MJ should be playing Little Richard in a movie instead of some white guy who wrote poetry that I find boring. That is no disrespect to anyone on here wholikes Edgar Allen Poe.

I respectfully disagree with this. Number one, EAP is a LEGEND and his life is anything but boring and his work itself is anything but boring LOL

And if you have an art form like ACTING, that cause for a person to ACT like someone else, and take over their identity in order to portray them...WHY is it so offensive for this cross race portrayal? It's like women acting as men and vise versa. Especially when the STORY of that person isn't totally centered around their race. Sure MJ's race is an important part of his 'story' but it's not ALL of it.

And it's not like MJ hasn't played a white guy before the mention of EAP. Ghosts, MJ dressed up as a FAT WHITE GUY. Trying to adopt the speech of it and everything. So is that offensive? I don't think so. Until this thread it didn't even occur to me that, "oo. here's MJ, a black man, play a white guy". And MJ would NOT do Little Richard justice, no matter how BLACK michael is :lol: Acting isn't about race lol

Just like EAP's WHITENESS isn't part of his story...LOL It's part of who he is but not totality of who he is of course.

That was Cate Blanchett? In those previews I saw? Daaaaaang. I had no idea. Well that just proves it doesn't matter. She's a good actress.

well, there are actually three more actors who portrayed bob dylan namely Richard Gere, Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. Yes, that was Cate Blanchett and yes she is a damn good actress. always.

now back to the topic...the news shld not be taken seriously. it said there that he said it jokingly. it was a jest. johnny depp tho is one of the actors i respect. he has a way of injecting his own style into the characters he gets into but i just do not see him portraying michael ever. while it is true that michael has a very colorful life (made even more colorful by incessant media fascination over him), i think only michael can best portray himself. he is a complex person and the person who can truly understand him is non other than himself! :)

Excuse me, but has no one noticed these lines???? "But there is still time to play him. He might get up to his old tricks again and maybe there will be a TV movie about him!"
:puke:

Last edited:
i did. it is actually kinda sarcastic but i did not pay much attention to it. as ive said ,the news shld not be taken lightly. johnny depp said it all in jest

he would be the best to play Michael..... ( I feel they both have sth in common.... they are both somewhat similar.... can't explain it but this is how I feel)

and maybe subconsciously he based his SWEET Willy Wonka on Michael (and his LOVELY Edward a long time ago as well) .... who knows?
I loooooove the films btw :D

Last edited:
Back