June 13th - 5 Yrs Since MJ's Vindication

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
On June 13, 2005 I knew I’d always cherish this day all my life, June had all of a sudden become my favourite month…and then last year everything changed forever. Now June is hard to bear and it seems it will be so for as long as I live.
We’ve been celebrating June 13th as Vindication Day for four years. This year as the day approaches there’s so much pain…
But my heart so wants to remember the absolute joy we all felt on that day of Michael’s victory and I’m so forever grateful to God for it.

I wrote this on the first anniversary of Michael’s victory at the trial. As I was reading it today with crying eyes, it all came flooding back-the pain, the battle, the trials…but above all- the L.O.V.E. and how It won!
Yes, we were together then and we shall stand together always as one family and do him proud. Michael’s victory doesn’t end. He continues to be victorious with his glorious legacy and our absolute love, respect, loyalty for him is part of it!

This is what I wrote then and I share it with the loving fan family that made it all possible. New fans may find it hard to believe the extents to which we went to support our beloved Michael…but we did it all…for L.O.V.E.

June 13-The best tribute we can give this day is by asking ouselves this question--- What is the biggest lesson you learnt during the trial?

One year on…, and my heart still doesn’t know exactly how to respond to this day that holds such infinite significance in our lives! Never in my life have I known a day that stands for such truly deserved joy and victory, freedom and vindication, and yet hold so much pain and agony…and anger in it’s fold. It’s hard (even impossible) for me to think of the sweetness of this day, without remembering the sadness and anguish of the days that preceded it. I’m not a pessimist. And I’m not a crying baby. I’m proud of the courage and absolute faith I lived with during the most difficult and insane time of my life. But I’m human. And I know the pain will take a long time to heal. And I believe it’s the same with many of us. But I also know that we won!
I still remember the first moments of utter shock, disbelief, grief and rage on that day in November which was to be the beginning of the test- the test of our faith, courage and loyalty, the test of our own convictions and the ideal of Truth and Justice. I remember the tension and frenzy on the board, the legal discussions, the vigils all over the world, the campaigns, the prayer circles. I remember being up all night praying or writing countless letters to the media, or circulating information to the many fan clubs. I also remember the nervousness and anxiety, the fear, the anger, the tears, and the pain we all felt and that seemed unbearable at times. I remember the crazy rulings and how helpless we felt, I can never forget the cruel media and how mad it made us, or the broken look on Mike’s face the day he walked in late with the backache, and how our hearts sank. And I remember the fans who gave up their jobs(I was one of them) to be part of the battle. I remember those who fasted for days together, or those who drove for miles to be in Santa Maria, or the ones who even put their relations with family and friends on the line when they did not believe in Michael’s innocence. These fans knew that Michael would never even be able to know them, or the extent to which they went to love and support him, but they did it anyway, for it didn’t matter whether he knew or not..it was never even a concern. All that mattered was justice and respect for Michael-the man who they knew had given them so much in so many beautiful ways that they could never thank him enough. Maybe by walking through the fire with him the fans were telling him how grateful they were to him, and that he was not alone. And I also remember and so admire Michael’s indomitable will and courage during that whole time. There were times before a hearing when I’d be so uncomfortable and my stomach would be in knots and then Michael would arrive, all bathed in innocence and purity, and I’d instantly feel better…and through crying eyes I’d wonder who was supporting whom! And I remember the fellowship, the love and sweetness of being part of the most beautiful fan fraternity. Everyone understood how everyone else felt. We did not need words to express it. Across the continents and oceans, we were holding each other’s hands, in love, in spirit. We knew we were a family, and we were unconditionally there for each other. With bruised hearts and weary minds, but with love in our hearts, we continued to fight. We knew the mighty forces we were fighting against, but it did not scare us, nor deter us. We were the Army of Love. We were a force so powerful, so determined. And we won!
Why did we give ourselves so completely to this cause? We did it not because it was about a pop star who was being accused. We were not a bunch of crazed fans blindly supporting the object of our affection. We did it because it was about a beautiful, wonderful, magical man who has given countless gifts to the world through his exceptional creativity, beauty, goodness…who has always believed that he’s here with a purpose, that “…all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do.” And if he has inspired us with his amazing art and talent, he has inspired us even more with the way he has lived his life-with integrity, honesty and dignity…and by being who he is- one of the most wonderful, generous, loving human beings the world has ever known. He’s taught us the beautiful virtues of love, kindness, compassion, humility, courage, forgiveness, hope…not by mere preaching but by living these ideals every moment of his life. He has taught us to believe in ourselves, to stand up for what is right, and to never ever give up. But most importantly, he’s brought us to the realization of the Ultimate Truth that all life is the manifestation of the Divine.. he really has bridged the material and the spiritual. And with him, it was all that he had taught us that was on the line. With Michael, it was the spirit of Truth and Justice and Innocence that was being persecuted and it had to win. And it did, and with it, all of us who had always believed in Michael, in the light of his being, and in the absolute power of Truth!
And so I feel that the best tribute I can give to this day is by asking myself what’s the greatest lesson I learnt during this most difficult time, and by incorporating that lesson in my life. And then every year from now on, on this very day, I shall look back on my life and see how far I’ve come spiritually, how true I have been to myself through all the trials and challenges I had to face. In this way, I’ll be setting a bit of truth in me free, the most fitting tribute to the day when truth and innocence were set free for all to see. To me that will be a celebration of a far more lasting kindJ

And I hope if we all asked ourselves this question and shared our understanding here with others, it will be useful to all of us and encourage everyone’s faith.

For me, it was the most spiritually revelatory period of my life. I realized the power of positive, affirmative prayer. I experienced the presence of angels and found out they are for real(believe me!).
But the greatest them of all- I realized that even if being honest, truthful and compassionate meant being ridiculed and misunderstood by the world, if it meant being tortured and tormented, being deceived and taken advantage of, I’ll still stand tall in the light of Truth …and I shall continue to love, give, and …trust.

Thankyou Michael.

June 13-First Vindication Day without Michael

On June 13, 2005 I knew I’d always cherish this day all my life, June had all of a sudden become my favourite month…and then last year everything changed forever. Now June is hard to bear and it seems it will be so for as long as I live.

We’ve been celebrating June 13th as Vindication Day for four years. This year as the day approaches there’s so much pain…

Last edited:
Re: June 13-First Vindication Day without Michael

I couldn't even read half the post because my heart is breaking even more. :cry:

Yes, he was aquitted on June the 13th and we were happy but he only had four more years to live and he spent the majority of the time recovering from the trauma. :cry: :cry:

They didn't even let him relax and enjoy his last few years...

:cry:

VICTORY Video

mysidebar.jpg

http://mesereauyu.com/tribute/phpslideshow.php?directory=.&currentPic=30

I wonder if it will ever get easier :(

It still just seems like a bad dream. I will never forget the hope I felt on V day - knowing our Michael was innocent, imagining what possibilities could come next. When he announced his tour, it was a dream come true - for me to go back to the UK and see him up on stage again, strong, brilliant, magnificent. I keep wanting to believe he's out there somewhere, living a life happily without the spotlight, hidden away from us all. But he's gone, he suffered so much and no one should ever have to go through something like that.

Michael, I cant believe you are gone...But i never doubted your innocence. Now to me this day represents justice, freedom and victory against all odds. I love you always.

I couldn't even read half the post because my heart is breaking even more. :cry:

Yes, he was aquitted on June the 13th and we were happy but he only had four more years to live and he spent the majority of the time recovering from the trauma. :cry: :cry:

this breaks my heart to think about,

You're right. That thought haunts me and bugs me so much. It's heartbreaking to think that was just 5 years ago and Michael is gone. I don't think I'll ever be at peace with that. Just so incredibly sad and unfair. :(

So proud of Michael. 5 years ago he showed more strength, grace and humility than I've ever known possible. Just incredible.

Those thoughts exact are haunting me for a few days, when I actually realized June 13th is near. I was really hoping, this was the last hard test for all of us and since we knew the truth and that it always prevail it was just heartbreaking to watch him have to going through this hell. And he was supposed to live in happiness with his children after that. None of us even dared to think it'd least so short...
I am mad at this world. I am so mad... This is not the way it's supposed to be. I know it's anniversary of your victory, of the day when the justice won... But it's so aching, since it is, how it is, you know... Sorry for totally mess here in my post. I just can't put my thoughts together :cry:

I remember that day like it was yesterday. My heart was breaking for him and I would have given anything to be there. When he emerged I was beaming with pride. He had gone through this torture and he came out the other side. His strength is such and inspiration to me and forever will be. But it should never have happened and too many people tried to bring him down and they all failed. I will always be standing by your side Michael. Always and forever

we cannot forget, I cannot forgive, all the hell that he went through because of racism and greed .....still we are in pain today....

Threads merged, can we keep all this in one thread please. :flowers:

those were beautiful words Ankita! :)

i also remember this day. it was 11pm in germany and i was sitting in front of the tv with my parents crying like a baby lol but i was crying because of happiness.. mainly.. and now.. :(

we can all be so proud to be his fans. he taught us so much. Thank you Michael!!

That was such a glorious HAPPY day---it was early morning, here, in Australia---I was shaking when they started reading out---NOT GUILTY/NOT GUILTY-10 TIMES.
I had a small bottle of champagne--just for this occasion--and I drank it for breakfast
There were many tears of joy that day in 2005---now there will be tears of sadness June 25, 2010.
Dawn

Of course, it's great that he was vindicated, but I still cannot remember it as a "great day". The fact he was vindicated was great, but the fact he was even there, accused with this horrible crime was not great. And I can't forget his face when he left the court: he wasn't killed by Murray, he was killed by the Chandlers and the Arvizos.

Probably the greatest birthday I ever had. I've told this story a thousand times.

But I had ordered MJ's Ultimate Collection and an MP3 Player for my birthday via the Internet, it didnt come in time for my birthday which means I had no presents on the actual day.

That night my family wanted to go out for a meal for my birthday but for some reason I just opted not to go. My brother was watching Sky Sports News and it popped up 'Michael Jackson verdict imminent'.

Anyway we all know what happened, and it turned out that I would get the best birthday present I could ever ask for. I will allways remember that day. Justice.

What a day, one of the best days i had being a Michael fan. I had spent the year defending him to anybody who said he was guilty and then the day came, i was sat in my brothers room ( he was the only one with sky tv ) with my brothers and their girlfriends behind me watching the the cars leave Neverland traveling by all the fans to santa maria, i remember they read out the first two charges "not guilty" but it was the third one that counted, then it was declared "NOT GUILTY", i went crazy i was roaring at the screen, i just completely lost it, i'm sure everybody in the room thought i was crazy but i felt like i had been on trial with Michael because i stood by him and now we were exonerated, i was jumping about screaming with every "not guilty" after that. Now just to let everybody know i'm a no emotion mans man so i was shocking everybody with my behaviour. I spent the night watching sky and went into work the next day with no sleep but still buzzing from the victory. While i always remember that days as being a day of victory for Michaels and his fans i also look back with regret that i didn't drop everything and go Santa Maria and support him, i made excuses at the time but really i should have got some time off and traveled to the states to be there, i am forever grateful to the fans who were there.

Yes, I will never forget that day, the joy, the pure ecstacy to hear Michael was 100% innocent- which I had known all along!! I jumped up and down, screamed with joy, hugged my dog and ran to an MJ forum- and then 4 years later on the same month of by b-day tragedy struck. I just know I will never forgive or forget the greed and hatred of people against Michael. This country (U.S) practically abandoned him, and ostracized him. It was very very sick. I will always be there for you Michael, always and forever. All my L.O.V.E. TO YOU NOW AND IN PERPETUITY!!

I'll never forget that day, I remember that I cam home late, because I have a student council meeting and my dad told me that they have a verdict and I was so shaking. I watched the coverage on CourtTV and I pray to God and ask him "Please lord that be a miracle please?". Then the signal from the satellite was lost, then moments later my mom was on the phone and I asked her about the verdict and she told me "Not guilty on all counts.", I couldn't believe my ears, I happy and I was crying for 10 minutes.

That's the moment I will never forget.

I've never celebrated this day, it should never have had to take place in the first place :no:

I still remember watching every reconstruction, when I came home from school. The whole family sat on the sofa, bitting our nails, it was a happy day but the effect it had on Michael outweigh that one good day.

Last edited:

Very very true. This is a effed up world we live in. Rest in peace sweet innocent angel, I will love you forever more than you'll ever know :cry: :cry:

:cry:
I will always remember that day as one very bittersweet day... Of course the only right thing happened and he was vindicated. But when I think of those horrible allegations that never should have happened..:angry:..that made him put his life on hold for such a long time... :(
Especially now when I can't help thinking how very little precious time he had left :cry:
This is such a cruel world. At least Michael will never ever have to deal with anything like this any more..

The trial was the final nail in the coffin. This kills me.. he went through so much but always kept his head high, bless him.. One way to escape the pain that he is no longer with us is that hopefully Michael has finally found the peace that escaped him here on Earth.

This is a film that has captured fans reaction outside the courthouse on June 13th. Look at the 3:20 mark.. it gives me chills
[youtube]4BwCOlxLo2s[/youtube]

Last edited:
So bittersweet, so bittersweet. Go from that day in 1983 when we first saw him moonwalk. Then go to this day, four years ago. Such a swift and sudden fall from grace. On that day, Michael lost whatever he had. They ostracized him. Conrad didn't kill Michael, the Arvizos and the Chandlers did. Michael, on behalf of mankind, we are truly sorry. :(

Back