Michael Jackson's Burnt Hair Goes Up For Sale

Agent M

Proud Member

by Deidre Woollard (RSS feed) Jan 27th 2011 at 12:01AM

bddd4f7d.jpg

It's been 27 years since the fateful day when Michael Jackson was burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. On January 27, 1984, Michael and other members of the Jacksons were filming a commercial for Pepsi at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles when, during a concert scene, explosive pyrotechnics accidentally set Jackson's hair on fire (video is after the jump). Jackson suffered serious burns to his scalp and he never fully recovered from this injury. It is said to have led to his addiction to painkillers. Jackson received a $1.5 million settlement which he donated to the Brotman Medical Center which had treated him after his injury.

A Small Piece of History is selling hair from this sad moment. Executive producer for the Pepsi commercial, Ralph Cohen, was among the first to reach Jackson when his head was burning and he threw his jacket over Jackson's head to help extinguish the flames. The lots feature hair that measures just 1/16 of an inch and is on a display card. There are limited, multiple lots available and purchasers can request lengths to suit. Lots sell for £149.99.

Michael Jackson collectibles have risen greatly in value since his death. Last year, a sequined glove worn during the Victory Tour sold for $160,000.

http://www.luxist.com/2011/01/27/michael-jacksons-burnt-hair-goes-up-for-sale/
http://www.asmallpieceofhistory.com...ident-legend-entertainer-king-of-pop-for-sale

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that day like it was yesterday..poor Michael. These people selling this hair should be ashamed of them elves.

Agent M;3216115 said:

by Deidre Woollard (RSS feed) Jan 27th 2011 at 12:01AM

bddd4f7d.jpg

It's been 27 years since the fateful day when Michael Jackson was burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. On January 27, 1984, Michael and other members of the Jacksons were filming a commercial for Pepsi at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles when, during a concert scene, explosive pyrotechnics accidentally set Jackson's hair on fire (video is after the jump). Jackson suffered serious burns to his scalp and he never fully recovered from this injury. It is said to have led to his addiction to painkillers. Jackson received a $1.5 million settlement which he donated to the Brotman Medical Center which had treated him after his injury.

A Small Piece of History is selling hair from this sad moment. Executive producer for the Pepsi commercial, Ralph Cohen, was among the first to reach Jackson when his head was burning and he threw his jacket over Jackson's head to help extinguish the flames. The lots feature hair that measures just 1/16 of an inch and is on a display card. There are limited, multiple lots available and purchasers can request lengths to suit. Lots sell for £149.99.

Michael Jackson collectibles have risen greatly in value since his death. Last year, a sequined glove worn during the Victory Tour sold for $160,000.

http://www.luxist.com/2011/01/27/michael-jacksons-burnt-hair-goes-up-for-sale/
http://www.asmallpieceofhistory.com...ident-legend-entertainer-king-of-pop-for-sale

This is the saddest, sickest, disgusting, revolting....information I have seen in a long time. What have become of human beings?

Maybe someone should plead to their human decency as the Estate did with the Discovery show?

This is just utterly disgusting! it shows the world has no morals anymore. Whoever it is that is selling michael's burnt hair should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they are not as they only care bout the $$$

This CanNOT be true! For them to even get AHOLD of the damn hair would mean somehow being there when the accident happened, or at the hospital! And WHY would the doctors who worked on his scalp KEEP the damn pieces of hair?!?!?! This is all sorts of screwed up!!!

:wtf:

Effing appalling. There are a lot of shits like this wannabe salesman in this world. anybody involved in doing this, directly or indirectly, is a shit.

Mods, or Senior Staff? Please remove the video. It was leaked shortly after Michael died, and I'm sure he NEVER wanted that released, so as not to upset his fans. The vid shows the wound to his head, which was horrific. Please do him this courtesy, and remove it (If anyone wants, for some reason, to see how bad that really was, I'm sure it's available on Youtube.)

Thanks.

Mods, or Senior Staff? Please remove the video. It was leaked shortly after Michael died, and I'm sure he NEVER wanted that released, so as not to upset his fans. The vid shows the wound to his head, which was horrific. Please do him this courtesy, and remove it (If anyone wants, for some reason, to see how bad that really was, I'm sure it's available on Youtube.)

Thanks.

Done. Thanks, I am at work so hadn't clicked on that to see what it was even. I agree, Michael wouldn't have wanted that out there. :(

How sick is that??? I bet they saved that hair all those years just for this cause. To sell it after MJ would die. So sick.

Hmm..... I may or may not be right here. But I don't think his hair would of burnt 'off'. More like burned 'away'....I don't think any burnt hair would exist tbh....haha

And they have the temerity to call Michael weird.

Brilliant point.

Yes, buying the bones of the Elephant Man is wierd (not that it was true), but selling/buying Michael Jackson's burnt hair is perfectly normal!

and again and again one must ask themselves: "How tasteless can we get in dehuminizing such a beautiful soul."

it's really so disgusting to me how low some ppl can get.

I really, really, really want to cry now.
How did we come to this?
how is it that there is NO single bit of respect for Michael Jackson, for God sake???

How can this be???

and worst of all.... how anyone keep this from someone who had such a horrible accident over the years??? and how is any decent person to pay for this?? what for??

I just wanna cry :cry:
It's so unfair and nasty.
Agggggggg

Back