Michael's Children Pay Him Tribute

CherubimII

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Children Paris and Prince Pay Tribute to King of Pop by Laying Crown on Casket

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ce_pay_tribute_to_king_of_pop_by_laying_.html
By Nancy Dillon
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
Updated Friday, September 4th 2009, 9:18 PM

alg_jackson.jpg
HO
Michael Jackson's casket was topped with a jeweled crown by his children Prince and Paris during his burial service at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Calif.

amd_jackson.jpg
Djansezian/Getty
Jackson's oldest son, Prince Michael Jackson, departs his father's funeral service

GLENDALE, Calif. - Michael Jackson's little girl stole hearts again at her father's funeral.Paris Jackson moved the crowd to tears Thursday night when she approached her father's casket for the last time, carrying a bejeweled crown.

The 11-year-old wasn't quite tall enough to place it atop a thick spray of white lilies covering the gleaming gold vessel that held the remains of the King of Pop. So her older brother Prince Michael, 12, helped position it just right.

Much like Paris' remarks at her father's public memorial in July, the gesture was apparently spontaneous. "I was told at the last minute by Randy [Jackson] that this was going to happen," Pastor Lucious Smith told the Daily News.

"It was like an energy just came up. It was incredibly touching."
The Rev. Al Sharpton said he told the children "they crowned their father for all eternity."

The touching moment was among the details of the private, celebrity-filled gathering that were revealed Friday. Smith, pastor of Friendship Baptist Church in Pasadena, told the Daily News he read Ecclesiastes 3:7 and reminded attendees that "we don't know when our last day will be, and we need to love and treat each other right."

Patriarch Joe Jackson and nephew Taj Jackson, 36, addressed the crowd of 250 mourners during the muggy outdoor service under a full moon tinged dark orange by wildfires in the distance.

Sharpton delivered the eulogy to guests - including Elizabeth Taylor in a wheelchair, Jackson's ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley, music moguls Quincy Jones and Berry Gordy and actors Macaulay Culkin, Corey Feldman and Chris Tucker.

"I talked about how it's always harder traveling from east to west because you face a headwind," Sharpton told The News. "Michael, coming from Gary, Ind., always had to battle headwinds - face some accusation. But he landed well."

Legendary singer Gladys Knight "sang her heart out" with a rendition of the hymn "His Eye is on the Sparrow," Sharpton said. Songwriter Clifton Davis sang The Jackson 5 song "Never Can Say Goodbye," which he wrote for the group.

After the ceremony, the Jackson brothers carried Michael's casket into The Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, a statement from the family said. As guests filed in, Michael's grief-stricken mother wept openly, sources said.

One attendee said Katherine Jackson was so overcome by sorrow, she turned back when she was faced with her son's final resting place.
Knight sang "Our Father" (The Lord's Prayer) as Jackson's body was committed to his high-security crypt in the mausoleum's Holly Terrace section. "Everyone was teary-eyed," Sharpton said.

Afterward, some of the mourners gathered at the Pasadena restaurant Villa Sorriso for what TMZ called an "after-party." Music by Frank Sinatra and other Rat Pack members played all night and the classic "Casablanca" was projected onto the walls.

TMZ reported that cameras captured much of the dinner to be used in an A&E special and a DVD. Sister LaToya Jackson asked fans Friday to donate to the charities that her brother supported.
"Michael has been called home to sing with the angels, I will miss him dearly," she told "Access Hollywood."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/michael_jackson/2009/09/04/2009-09-04_michael_jacksons_children_paris_and_prince_pay_tribute_to_king_of_pop_by_laying_.html?print=1&page=all#ixzz0QC8Etsu4

Here's the crown, pic was posted on another board (I don't like PH, but it's the only clear pic of the crown).
00.jpg

why the hell has it got perezhilton.com written under the crown thats so disrespectful it should hv had Michael's name on it

why the hell has it got perezhilton.com written under the crown thats so disrespectful it should hv had Michael's name on it

Because he bought the picture.
It was the only pic I have seen that shows it up close.

Thank you for posting... This is all so sad :boohoo: Michael should be at home with his children, not laying in a casket :weeping:

beautiful kids, and wonderful daddy . You are deeply missed Michael .

Thank you for this thread....those children broke my heart...again....poor babies...Yes I noticed prince's neck to.

Sad, just sad.. Bless their hearts.. And they included letters for mj to read while he's climbing the stairway to heaven

I thought Michael's children didn't have gone to the restaurant... did they go?

With that said, I'm not 100% that the picture was from outside the restaurant, but it looked like the picture was taken outside the restaurant.

It's hard to look at the casket...I quickly scrolled down...

I didn't know Prince has vitiligo:(

All of this is just so wrong. None of this should be happening.

Aaaaw such a beautful gesture :( Poor Prince, I really hope he doesn't have to suffer with it like his Daddy.

:no:

They are the loveliest children. I just can't put it into words how happy I am that Michael got to be a father.

:cry:

Thats a watermark on the picture........its not on the actual casket haha!

Back