Misheard MJ lyrics

[youtube]lFy8PL1aJik[/youtube]

Check it out, in the Acapella version it's more clear what he says :)

He says "Heh heh...I don't know, what you wanna try? Every time you see.."

Is there a way you can post the audio file of this.? pretty please

Great Mondegreens all...

(American writer Sylvia Wright coined the term in her essay "The Death of Lady Mondegreen," published in Harper's Magazine in November 1954.[3]
When I was a child, my mother used to read aloud to me from Percy's Reliques, and one of my favorite poems began, as I remember:
Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,Oh, where hae ye been?
They hae slain the Earl O' Moray,And Lady Mondegreen.
The actual fourth line is "And laid him on the green".
Wright explained the need for a new term: "The point about what I shall hereafter call mondegreens, since no one else has thought up a word for them, is that they are better than the original."

deleted link to you tube...shoulda watched to the end first!

Last edited:
What does this have to do with Michael Jackson lyrics?

Great Mondegreens all...

(American writer Sylvia Wright coined the term in her essay "The Death of Lady Mondegreen," published in Harper's Magazine in November 1954.[3]
When I was a child, my mother used to read aloud to me from Percy's Reliques, and one of my favorite poems began, as I remember:
Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,Oh, where hae ye been?
They hae slain the Earl O' Moray,And Lady Mondegreen.
The actual fourth line is "And laid him on the green".
Wright explained the need for a new term: "The point about what I shall hereafter call mondegreens, since no one else has thought up a word for them, is that they are better than the original."

deleted link to you tube...shoulda watched to the end first!

:D Love this thread!

For Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' : 16 year old replaces:

Mama-say mama-sah ma-ma-coo-sah and sings

I wanna sell my shares of Microsoft! :wild:

Try it - she's right! lolol

Oh yeah and she insists that in the middle of Don't Stop he sings oh Layla (her name!) lol - yeah right! :cheeky:

What does this have to do with Michael Jackson lyrics?

Misheard lyrics (or words to poetry) are called mondegreens, and that is what the whole thread is about...... its a daft word I know...the quotation is where it comes from ( and I thought that was fairly funny too ). That's all. (Apologises and reverses out of thread hastily.)

Last edited:
The Second Michael Song I Ever Heard Was Smooth Criminal, When He Started singing.....I didn't understand a sh*t. I thought he sang in....Spanish :unsure: Then I called my friend and said: have you heard the song smooth criminal by michael jackson in spanish? It is very cool :D then he said: Dude.....It's english? I just wanted to die right there :doh: I didn't listen to music so much then so it was a REALLY fast song for me. Right after i talked to him i went to youtube and searched on youtube for the lyrics, then I was like: Oooooohhhhh :doh: A really embarassing thing for me!!! :unsure:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but during Smooth Criminal, when he sings "Annie, are you okay?" I always hear "Annie, are you walking?"

Then there's during Man in the Mirror where he sings "And no message could have been any clearer." I always hear: "And no mustache could have been any clearer."

LMFAO :|

When I was a kid I thought the lyrics on Heal the World went like "Heal the World, make it a better place for you and for me and the entire UNIVERSE."
I think that would have been a bit too hard to achieve...

Up until now I always thought Michael sang "Like a stranger in Moscow, Lord I feel insane" on Stranger in Moscow when he actually sings "Like a stranger in Moscow, Lord have mercy".

In 'In the Closet' the chorus sounds like 'she wants his baby, oh she wants his baby'

When I first heard Hold My Hand in 2008, I thought Akon said "country music" instead of konvikt music. I thought he must have been a little confused when he sang that :tease:

This isn't from MJ but in Lady Gaga's song Poker face the chorus part sounds like shes saying "cutie pie, cutie pie" ... but its and I just found this out, its 'can't read my, can't read my'

Especially for me it's very difficult to understand what Michael says cause english is not my native language..... That's what I heard when I listened to the songs for the first time:

MORPHINE

Original:You talk survival(?).......You're just a rival
?ine:Your dog's on fire.........You're just a Rambo

Original: Demerol, Demerol, Oh God he's taking demerol
Mine: Debbie Rowe, Debbie Rowe, oh God he's taking Debbie Rowe

BILLIE JEAN

Original:But the kid is not my son
Mine:But the chin is not my son (I still can't hear kid....)

WHY YOU WANNA TRIP ON ME

Original:You got homeless people With no food to eat
Mine:You got homeless people with no friends to eat

Original:We've got streetwalkers Walkin in the darkness
Mine:We've got Stevie Wonders rockin in the darkness

DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH

Original:Keep on with the force don't stop
Mine:Keep on with the pants stuffed

I know this is an older post, but I just randomly clicked through a couple of pages of this thread. Thanks for the original lyrics, I don't know the lyrics of most songs and also don't know all MJ songs (that'll probably change with time though, give me a few years ;) ), but with the originals being there, I didn't have to google them. Those are hilarious! With no friends to eat? That's so wrong, lol.

English is not my first language either, but with MJ it's particularly hard at times, in a lot of songs he is more beatboxing than singing, lol. With some of the new songs, even some native speakers on here heard weird things here and there, but for some reason I heard them right. Happens to me with other English songs as well, not just MJ. I guess that's because I usually try to listen really hard and pay a lot of attention with English not being my frist language. But I always love to read people's misheard lyrics, they are always hysterical.

quite a few :yes: but the only one i can remember right now is they dont care about us when says throw your brother in jail and i thought it was something like dont you brother hinges lol

I don't know if it has been said before.

Dirty Diana
Original: Cause I forgot the key
Mine: Cause I f*** out the key
I'm sorry, but I always hear that.......

omg!! as if this thread is still going
i made it ages ago
thanks for keeping it alive mj friends

Towards the end of Blues Away he sings: I've got the power.
When I was a kid, I thought he said: I am a flower!

And Smooth Criminal: Annie, are you ok?
Me: Annie, are you walking?

Dirty Diana: She likes the boys in the band...at first I thought he was saying "She likes to poison the fans" :bugeyed :wtf: :lmao:

In Breaking News When He Sings: Why Is It Stranger That I Would Fall In Love? I Always Hear: Why Does The Straight Guy Always Fall In Love? Why Do The Straight....... :doh:

Back