MJ's most under rated songs ?

Romen_MJ

Proud Member
Hi :)

All his music is so amazing but i really think that a lot of his songs are under rated by the public.

I really love " You Are My Life " i think this song really captures what type of person MJ was, and it is so powerful :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouPX6ZzDHpI

so what songs do you think where under rated ?

Kind Regards,

Romen

I think Childhood is really underrated....For one thing, it's autobiographical; Michael is really pouring his heart and soul out....He is stripping himself is what he's doing...People need to really understand what he's about, and this song says a lot...Plus, the composition is BEAUTIFUL and STUNNING....He was such an amazing composer....genius...

"Stranger In Moscow"-Brilliant song. It's a shame more in the public (outside of MJ's hardcore fans really), are unaware of this beautiful masterpiece.

EVERYTHING POST-BAD!

It frustrates me so much that people dismiss every MJ album and songs that were not released in the 80's. :angry:

There are so many masterpieces and lost treasures in those albums...

I'm sad people don't appreciate. :(

Now i can't stop listening "Can you feel it", but generally i love so much "who is it" and "I want you back" MJ

Stranger in Moscow was MJ's most criminally underated song. Everyone agrees its phenomenal yet no one would bother publicising it as such. Its a disgrace.

ALL the songs he came out with post the Dangerous album...
and its sad...songs like 'Earth song' should be known past us fans.

Many many songs. Mainly almost all his classics post Dangerous as pointed out by MM and some gems pre Dangerous as well . "Who Is It" and "One Day In Your Life" come to mind among many. His work wasn't valued the way it should have. It was overshadowed by the media circus and tabloid junk that surrounded Michael since the Bad era until the day he passed and even beyond sadly.

EVERYTHING POST-BAD!

It frustrates me so much that people dismiss every MJ album and songs that were not released in the 80's. :angry:

This.

Alot of HIStory songs like 'Money' and 'This time around'!
And i think Invincible is madeningly underated, i love 'You are my life' and 'Whatever happens' so much!

Ah, there are plenty of those. These would be on the top of my list:

-Whatever Happens
-Who Is It
-Give Into Me
-Is It Scary

Also:
-Speechless
-Tabloid Junkie

Songs like Earth Song are known past the fans - it is his biggest-selling UK single, received heavy promotion, was the 1995 prestigous Christmas No.1. It is on many complilations, and after his death, the famous video was constantly played on the music channels and the song received a lot of airplay - as well as charting and the video selling well on iTunes. It's one of his biggest hits - well, it is the top one in the UK.

Who Is It
Give In To Me

the Invincible album ....IS HUGELY UNDERRATED

personally Speechless makes me just that, 2000 Watts amazes me at his versatility and Cry ...ok I'll stop babbling now :smilerolleyes:

I think Is it scary is awfully underrated. It's such a nice song with powerful orchestra arrangement. :-(
Give in to me and Who is it are another two unfairly underrated songs!!!! How the hell these are so underrated?????????????????

EVERYTHING POST-BAD!

True this. This is maddeningly frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think "beautiful girl" is underated,its my personal favorite and would love to know if Mike ever recorded the final version

Jam, Who Is It, Give Into Me, Stranger in Moscow, Blood On The DanceFloor album and Invincible album...

Every song on Invincible and HIStory.

I can't help it.
Just good friends.
Many more...

I so agree with you. If people would just listen. They would truly see he is the greatest. Don't believe the hype. Mike only got better over the years. (IMO)

I can't help it.
Just good friends.
Many more...

I so agree with you. If people would just listen. They would truly see he is the greatest. Don't believe the hype. Mike only got better over the years. (IMO)

:agree:

If people would just listen. They would truly see he is the greatest. Don't believe the hype. Mike only got better over the years. (IMO)

agree. all his ablums after bad were underrated.

I can't help it
Who is it
Give in to me
Stranger in Moscow

Pretty much anything after Bad.

That Jarvis Cocker bloke (appropriate second name) is a complete moron, he claimed that MJ hadn't made ANY good songs since the 80s, LOL!

Alright mate, what about that song...hmmm, I think you might remember it...Earth Song...his #1 single in the UK?

:doh:

And what does everyone want? I just don't get it, why is anything post-Bad a "failure"?

Dangerous is I believe in the top 20 of best selling albums of all time...

The songs have catchy beats and melodies for those too simple to actually listen to the lyrics...and also more substance compared to pre-Dangerous.

Last edited:

Earth song is absolutely Massive here in the UK besides like billie jean and thriller and smooth criminal or whatever its like his biggest song here, and it IS his biggest selling single in the UK, but it sadly never got a US release which is probably why

Back