New Single This Month? (rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Phillips did say Michael has several new songs planned for the tour. Its only common sense that the first single will be released to coincide with the first dates. In terms of an actual release date, nobody knows. We can make educated guesses. It would make sense to release a single in June so that the fan base has time to remember lyrics and sing along at the concerts. This however might not be Michael's plans. He might release a new single in July during the first dates and premiere the song to the first show BEFORE it hits the charts!

Regardless, I think this is going to be a VERY exciting 3 year period for a MJ fan. We have the 50 London concerts, planned videos of the concert, new singles on the way, a brand new album, a potential world tour, a 3D version of Thriller, a potential re-union with the J5, guest appearances, and many other things! I for one am very excited.

I think whatever song is released; it will be a hard hitter! like a dance track..nothing too serious, nothing too soft..but something dancey with great melody :)

The first thing I did was look at the calendar when I read the rumored release date.
But as someone said, maybe thats the radio release date.
*Sigh* Like we havent waited long enough.

^^What ever or when this thread starter said?

:angel: Don't let it be true...don't let it be true. Let the date be wrong.

::nana::

I think the date is wrong, as singles are released in the uk on a Monday, unless... They release it on download on the 20th & after one day it goes to number one, just in time for the Sunday charts? That would be great!

I hope this is true..
We need new material,new album,songs...
Or I just need that.lol

Ive heard rumours that Michaels camp is throwing out false dates to swerve fans and media away from Michael's true plans. Michael is doing everything to prevent another 'Hold My Hand'.
Sounds plausible.
smooth_criminal05 said:
Randy Phillips did say Michael has several new songs planned for the tour. Its only common sense that the first single will be released to coincide with the first dates. In terms of an actual release date, nobody knows. We can make educated guesses. It would make sense to release a single in June so that the fan base has time to remember lyrics and sing along at the concerts. This however might not be Michael's plans. He might release a new single in July during the first dates and premiere the song to the first show BEFORE it hits the charts!
Yeah the single may make a debut on the first day at the O2. For many other artists, it can be a problem to perform a new song with fans not knowing the lyrics and not being able to singing along, but it's no problem for MJ :D The moment he says "This is my new single yall" and the song starts playin, everybody would start screaming and shouting in joy.

I'm not getting my hopes up on the rumored release date but it feels good to hear.

This is the digital age, and Mike will have to get used to the fact that there is a great interest in what he is doing and he can't keep things a secret like he did back in the day. I'm sure details like this leaked back in the 70s and 80s too, but the impact was limited. These days anybody can post any snippet of information on the net and it gets repeated thousands of times in no time at all. If he wants to release something he'll have to just get on with it. Now would be a good time to release a single and so he needs to realise that delaying it will do no good in the long run.

As somebody suggested, Mike could start to leak false information on purpose to throw people off the track, but to be honest,what would be the point? All that will happen is people will get frustrated that what they expect to happen isn't happening and it could end up with more bad feeling being aimed at him. The only way it could be turned into a positive for him is if the leaked release date is AFTER the actual relase date - that way people get there new music BEFORE they expected it.

Anyway, it could be that the person posting this in the first place just made it up and didnt' bother to check the calendar. It would be a risky strategy for Mike to release a single on a Saturday, especially when there are so few weeks between now and then to promote it. To me, the only feasible explanation (assuming this date is real) is that this date will be the radio premiere, and that the single's sale date will actually be some time in late July / early August.

Maybe Michael will perform the new single at the O2 and then have the performance made into the video.....just like he did with 'Another Part Of Me' :0)

Maybe Michael will perform the new single at the O2 and then have the performance made into the video.....just like he did with 'Another Part Of Me' :0)

hopefully the performance from 24th august then :lol:

hm dont think hes really going to release new stuff. what about the new greatest hits release?

Sounds plausible.

Yeah the single may make a debut on the first day at the O2. For many other artists, it can be a problem to perform a new song with fans not knowing the lyrics and not being able to singing along, but it's no problem for MJ :D The moment he says "This is my new single yall" and the song starts playin, everybody would start screaming and shouting in joy.

It would be interesting, but I don't think Mike will do it :D
I think it would be like it was with BOTDF in History tour

Who knows. I like the idea of Michael throwing false dates out there though. :D

hopefully the performance from 24th august then :lol:

hm dont think hes really going to release new stuff. what about the new greatest hits release?

Oh it will be great!
Don't stop till you get enough of them *and i won't* :clapping:.
Who needs new stuff?We got the Greatest Hits albums already :wub:

It makes sense

All the hype around him in the next few weeks is going to be huge.

He is in the papers alot more now (even if its bullshit most the time)

But the fact is he is in the public eye again, perfect time to release songs

Lets hope MJ does so...
however I dont think he will put a new song out just now..
there is about 8 weeks left to get the show on stage and a single would need a short movie - takes 4 weeks at least?
nevertheless, he sure suprised me this year already so I am not rulling anything out now :)

It makes sense

All the hype around him in the next few weeks is going to be huge.

He is in the papers alot more now (even if its bullshit most the time)

But the fact is he is in the public eye again, perfect time to release songs

Agree, not releasing new single in the coming weeks would be a wasted oportunity IMO, they way the Tour is planning and how Mchael is now looking, June 20th would be spot on.

i wanna see the new single performed live for the first time ever with the performance being the new video on the 13th july

i have a feeling mr jackson will be in london in the next few days and he will make a press realise regarding the first single just something i have heard and most likely false

i have a feelig mr jackson will be in london in the next few days and he will make a press realise regarding the first single just something i have heard and most likely false

Why not do a press release where he is now?

LoL no need to come to London

It will be released worldwide not just in London

I would kill for a worldwide video debut à lá Black or White style. Get everyone glued to the TV all over the world. That's what he must do! Take the world by surprise, again!

RS

I would kill for a worldwide video debut à lá Black or White style. Get everyone glued to the TV all over the world. That's what he must do! Take the world by surprise, again!

RS

YES I AGREE!!!!!!!

I remember when that happened!

it was so cool :wild:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back