New Single This Month? (rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dude on michaeljackson.com posted this on june 3rd.

"some REAL news about new material?

note the question mark cos I dont want to start some rumour here but here are the FACTS my fellow fans.

I had a visit in work today as we do every week from the music reps-they presell all the upcoming albums/dvds etc into us and give us release dates so we can keep our customers informed of when new things are coming out.

they presold in the new greatest hits album which we already knew about but then as I was flicking through the release folder something caught my eye.

listed for september/october release in the sony book is "untitled michael jackson project"-rep said she didnt know what this is yet but it just appeared on their paperwork yesterday.

like I said,I dont deal in rumours,just facts so Im not even gonna speculate about what this may be but for what its worth I pass it on to you all.

I work in the music and video department of a united kingdom company called asda which in america and canada is called walmart.

we get updated every week on new console games/music/dvd by every major distributor in the world so I can guarantee this is genuine news-just wish I knew what it was-the suspense is killing me!"

http://community.michaeljackson.com/se/content/some-real-news-about-new-material

note the question mark cos I dont want to start some rumour here but here are the FACTS my fellow fans.

I had a visit in work today as we do every week from the music reps-they presell all the upcoming albums/dvds etc into us and give us release dates so we can keep our customers informed of when new things are coming out.

they presold in the new greatest hits album which we already knew about but then as I was flicking through the release folder something caught my eye.

listed for september/october release in the sony book is "untitled michael jackson project"-rep said she didnt know what this is yet but it just appeared on their paperwork yesterday.

like I said,I dont deal in rumours,just facts so Im not even gonna speculate about what this may be but for what its worth I pass it on to you all.

I work in the music and video department of a united kingdom company called asda which in america and canada is called walmart.

we get updated every week on new console games/music/dvd by every major distributor in the world so I can guarantee this is genuine news-just wish I knew what it was-the suspense is killing me!"

http://community.michaeljackson.com/se/content/some-real-news-about-new-material

Wow, interesting! :D

hmmm.. i am afraid to say anything.. it's been so llong since MJ released a single.. i keep my fingers crossed. i am dying to hear new material! in my opinion a september/october release seems logical. there IS a gap between the first leg and the second leg of the O2 Arena run. so i guess there is space lefy for short films and single releases...

‘Digital Spy’ are reporting that Michael will release a new single and album before the scheduled start of his concert at the O2 Arena, London, on July 8th.

“There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date,” concert promoter Randy Phillips confirmed.

“Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans.”

Promoters AEG suggested that the star may give away a brand new album to fans at his shows, a measure used by Prince in 2007.

So Randy Phillips confirmed there would be a new single. But i am quite sure we would have heard something by now if there was going to be a release. Maybe plans have changed.

no!! it can't be a ballad. that's like not even releasing a real song at this point. that would be like releasing it just so you can say you released something. After all these years and these delays for this new album it has to be something you can dance to.

‘Digital Spy’ are reporting that Michael will release a new single and album before the scheduled start of his concert at the O2 Arena, London, on July 8th.

“There will be a new Michael Jackson single before the first date,” concert promoter Randy Phillips confirmed.

“Michael has got some new music and he is looking for a new way of disseminating his material to his fans.”

Promoters AEG suggested that the star may give away a brand new album to fans at his shows, a measure used by Prince in 2007.

So Randy Phillips confirmed there would be a new single. But i am quite sure we would have heard something by now if there was going to be a release. Maybe plans have changed.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay now it's killing me. literally killing me!!! I really hope this album is awesome with lots of awesome dance tracks! Lots of agressive scratchy, growly, nasally, screaming with girly falsetto choruses in the background!!

I really hope it will be released b4 the first concert date, i think it would be a good idea if it did. September/october in my opinon that is wayy too long.

October is when the gap starts between the O2 concerts - makes complete sense, if true.

Only time will tell.

I actually feel good about this. I can sense something brewing here...Michael will release a new single this summer I just know it! I'm sensing a brand new album is coming as well. If I had to guess I would say either Oct-Dec 2009, or the second scenerio April-June 2010. Michael does have 3 months off at the end of year between the London shows so it could happen. I hope this materializes. I can only imagine the day when the press release is issued regarding Michael Jackson's brand new studio album. This place will go nuts!

$20 MJ doesn't release an album this year.

I agree on that one. There will be a single this year but no album. The server will still crash even on a new song though! lol Not that Im wishing that.

I'll crash the server alone on a new single release :) :p

EDIT: tbh, I'm doubtful on a new single either.

Thanx a lot Vici. Who knows? Looks like the person who posted the info is one of insiders. Album release date can be pushed back anytime, but it can be true that the new album is planned to be Sep/Oct release for now.

I've seen some fans outside this forum waiting for a new album more than ever, ever since they first heard about the O2 shows. They didn't really care much about the shows. They seemed to think dropping a new album will be the definite moment of MJ coming back to the scene. Reading their reactions, I felt many people esp. outside the core fanbase probably think the same as they do.

hmmm.. i am afraid to say anything.. it's been so llong since MJ released a single.. i keep my fingers crossed. i am dying to hear new material! in my opinion a september/october release seems logical. there IS a gap between the first leg and the second leg of the O2 Arena run. so i guess there is space lefy for short films and single releases...
October is when the gap starts between the O2 concerts - makes complete sense, if true.
Good point!

I don't care if it's a ballad or dance track!!! I just need that first single!!!!

It sounds a bit unlikely that a new album will be released then, even if it is planned. Remember, Humberto Gatica has said that he recently received a call from Mike to work on the album and that he might work on it between shows or wait until his image has improved. If he is asking more people to jump on board, then I guess the album still needs a lot of work and I can't see it being ready for a September/October release date.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1923153
Gatica adds: "We have to see how everything is going forward, because Jackson's new album will be amazing, but is also an work that takes so much for him and perhaps a pretentious work. He had worked for a long time in songs and he doesn't know if spend his free days between the shows re-worked them or to wait for the fresh popular image he will regain with his comeback".

EDIT: tbh, I'm doubtful on a new single either.

Im certain we'll get something new this year. After all Kenny Ortega has said that they have been rehearsing new material. Fans would have to know the song before Michael performs it live. If Michael was going to perform new songs on the second leg of TII, Mike probably would rehears that between legs, IMO.

It sounds a bit unlikely that a new album will be released then, even if it is planned. Remember, Humberto Gatica has said that he recently received a call from Mike to work on the album and that he might work on it between shows or wait until his image has improved. If he is asking more people to jump on board, then I guess the album still needs a lot of work and I can't see it being ready for a September/October release date.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1923153

the only way for MJ to improve his image is to release some beautiful music and do what he is best known for; sing and perform. When he does that, he is safe.

I just hope it's not another greatest hits package. :praying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back