New Single This Month? (rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wouldn't really require any time at all for him to help work with them on rereleasing Off the Wall. The album is already recorded. LOL

Ehm there's more to it than that. It's a new issue, so I"m sure he'll wanna be involved with the way it looks, and the extra's it has. Who knows, it might have remixes like Thriller 25 did, which he needs to lay down vocals for or whatever.

There is no point in Michael releasing a single and have no album ready. It would look dumb if he put out a new song and then had 6 months of nothing. He needs to be prepared with an album in the pipeline. I expect something in late 09 (Nov/Dec) or mid 10 (April/May). Just a guess.

Ehm there's more to it than that. It's a new issue, so I"m sure he'll wanna be involved with the way it looks, and the extra's it has. Who knows, it might have remixes like Thriller 25 did, which he needs to lay down vocals for or whatever.

there were no new laid down vocals on thriller 25, and I'm sure he knew about the this is it tour for a while before it was official. that other stuff wouldn't really be time consuming. a couple minutes a day to review what other people are thinking about doing.

there were no new laid down vocals on thriller 25, and I'm sure he knew about the this is it tour for a while before it was official. that other stuff wouldn't really be time consuming. a couple minutes a day to review what other people are thinking about doing.
WBSS '08 had new MJ vocals, and he also oversaw the remastering of For All Time.

I think if there is any new material to come that will come during the winter-break in the concerts...MJ should be focusing on getting the show up and running and then release a new material during the 4months of break - to keep the attention going for the 2nd set of shows...

WBSS '08 had new MJ vocals, and he also oversaw the remastering of For All Time.

wbss 08 had no new vocals, the vocals you are referring to are all taken from demo takes of wbss back in '82 ;)

wbss 08 had no new vocals, the vocals you are referring to are all taken from demo takes of wbss back in '82 ;)

that is not true. the vocals were new. he sang it in a lower pitch. listen carefully...

REALLY? I thought they were new vocals, can somebody confirm this!!?

Not that i dont believe u Korgnex :0)

Hmm, I was convinced the WBSS 08 vocals were new. They just don't sound like they were recorded in that period to me. Mikes voice doesn't sound like it did on Thriller.

Does anybody have the WBSS demo so we can settle this once and for all?

I was kinda convinced too the vocals on 2008 WBSS version were new. Because it sounds Michael had to put energy in his voice to match the '82 version. If you know what I mean, which I doubt.

I know what you mean.He tried to sound exactly like 1982 version and you can hear the strain in his voice.

on WBSS they sound mainly new to me. if you listen carefully on some of the other tracks on T25 such as on TGIM & PYT it sounds like mj has recorded new vocals, althought not the entire song, but certain parts of the vocals were re-recorded, such as background vox, adlibs, few phrases here and there.

Anyway back on topic, if there's gonna be a new single like Kenny Ortega has suggested, I think its gonna be released when MJ arrives in London. Unless they decide to just premiere it as a music video at the O2 concerts first, which could be another possibility then release it once the shows are in full swing. Exciting times!

Last edited:
I will stick with what i said, i think Mike will bring it with him lol:p

WBSS Vocals were NEW...The PR for the album even said it lol..dd

I don't want to paste the entire thing cuz it's too long, but here:

Thriller 25
Thriller 25 includes all nine of Thriller's original performances as well as seven bonus tracks including five mind-blowing 21st century homages to Thriller featuring some of the hottest performers in contemporary pop and soul music:

Thriller 25's first single, "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008," produced by Michael Jackson and Akon, is a brand new version of Thriller's opening cut showcasing newly recorded 2008 vocals by Michael Jackson and Akon.

Previously unreleased in any form, "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 2008" by Michael Jackson with will.i.am is Michael's original pre-album demo remixed by Michael and will.i.am with newly added vocals and production from will.i.am.

"The Girl Is Mine 2008" is another Michael Jackson with will.i.am collaboration based on a demo predating Michael's duet with Paul McCartney. This is a new, previously unreleased track, newly produced and mixed by Michael and will.i.am featuring a will.i.am rap. "The Girl Is Mine 2008" is being introduced as the album's first single in numerous international territories and is already charting in Brazil, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, the UK and Japan, where it entered the Top 10 at #5.

"Billie Jean 2008" features the original tracks of Michael's watershed signature hit, newly remixed by Kanye West.

"Beat It 2008" is both a remix and a new track featuring Michael's vocals and many instrumental tracks from the Thriller original coupled with seductive new vocals by Fergie with new band tracks and production by Michael Jackson and will.i.am.

Thriller 25 closes with "For All Time," a nascent classic recorded by Michael during the original Thriller sessions in 1982 but never completed or released until now. Michael has added new vocals and band tracks to his original recording. Mixed by Mick Guzawski and newly-produced by Michael Jackson, "For All Time" provides a sublime and fitting close to this new, definitive edition of Thriller, the top-selling album of all time.

As an added bonus for fans, Thriller 25 includes a DVD featuring Michael Jackson's groundbreaking short films from Thriller ("Thriller," "Beat It," and "Billie Jean") and the artist's Emmy-nominated breakout performance of "Billie Jean" from the legendary "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever" television special (first broadcast on NBC on May 16, 1983).

The Thriller 25 CD/DVD set will be available in three collectible editions: a standard version with the album's original cover art; a standard version with a new "Zombie" cover; and a deluxe edition in a hard-bound casebook format with a 48-page booklet. Both standard versions contain the CD and bonus DVD in a brilliant box with a rainbow holographic O-card and a 20- page booklet. Thriller 25 will also be available as a Platinum MusicPass Album Card, a digital album card which will enable consumers to download Thriller 25, and special bonus content in the form of high-quality MP3 files.

What is your source? The vocals on WBSS '08 (1:42-1:58) do not sound anything like vocals from either the original WBSS (1:27-1:1:44) nor the leaked WBSS demo (1:35-1:52).

Here's a snippet that compares the same verse in all three recordings, first from the original DEMO, then from the original STUDIO RECORDING, then the THRILLER 25 remake. In WBSS '08 his voice sounds quite different and current, significantly different from the 80s versions.

http://rapidshare.com/files/242726370/WBSS_Compare.mp3

On TGIM '08, his vocals were indeed taken from a demo as was confirmed when Sony released the original demo alongside the new track; they did no such thing with the release of WBSS '08 and instead made it a point to mention in many different venues that it had brand new, freshly recorded vocals from Michael Jackson in it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rs9O-4V8Kc0&hl=es&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rs9O-4V8Kc0&hl=es&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back