Official Celebrity Statements Thread

It doesn't seem possible. How could Michael Jackson not be with us? This experience is surreal. He was one of the most gifted and original talents the world has ever known. He inspired a generation of young people and amazed the rest of the world. There has never been anyone like him. There will never be another Michael Jackson. I can't wrap my mind around this terrible news. ~ Barry Manilow

This is probably [among] the top three worst days of my life. There wouldn't be no Usher, there wouldn't be no Chris Brown. There wouldn't be nobody without MJ. There wouldn't be no Justin. ~ Fat Joe

I feel like his music will never die and his spirit will never die, because he influenced so many of us. He gave us a lot of hope that we feel like we can be big. He was very inspiring and up close and personal with his fans. That to me was special. That's one of the things that I loved about Mike. When I got a chance to meet him, that's the feeling and spirit that I got from him. ~ Snoop Dogg

I personally can't believe it, but it's more unfortunate for the world of music. ... My love goes out to his family. ... A sad day in history, not [just] music. ~ Lil Wayne

He's the biggest star of our generation. He made the best records, videos, everything. I'm saddened by the world's loss. ~ Irv Gotti

As I look back on the work that Michael Jackson did, I realize how much responsibility I have as an artist to impact the world. His motivation was for the music, dance, and love for the world....May he rest in peace and live forever. ~ B.o.B a.k.a Bobby Ray

I feel like it’s a tragedy. He was one of the most important people in the music, period. It’s almost like [calling him] the King of Pop was an understatement. I heard he sold 750 million records in his career since the Jackson 5. Your could almost give a record to everybody in the country. ~ Big Sean

First and foremost, the death of Michael Jackson is devastating. You can’t get past the imprint of his music. I hope people remember him for his legacy. It’s a blessing that I’ve been in his presence through his music, though I’ve never met him personally or seen him in concert. Losing Michael Jackson is like losing a part of music. ~ Jeron Ward, producer, Royal Flush

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MICHAEL JACKSON[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard to know what to say - what to feel. I find myself wondering what might have happened on his tour ... the number of dates in the UK that he had committed to was insane ... I did have a feeling it was impossible ... but I was so shocked to hear that he went so suddenly. Very sad. Of course I still think of him as a boy ... he used to come and see us (Queen) play when we were on tour in the States, and he and Freddie became close friends ... close enough to record a couple of tracks together at Michael's house ... tracks which have never seen the light of day. Michael was the boy star of the Jackson Five, and always the most screamed at. I remember in their show, they tried very hard to make all the brothers equal in the presentation, but it was abundantly obvious that all most of the girl fans really wanted to see was little Michael. It was Michael who heard our track "Another One Bites the Dust" when he came to see us on "The Game" tour ... and told us we were mad if we didn't release it as a single. Of course this was way before Michael's monster solo career began ... but he was already in search of that fusion between Funk and Rock, Black and White, and the Thriller album was the consummation of that quest. There are many similarities between it and our "Hot Space" album ... but our timing was out, really. Michael got it right in every respect ... including timing ... the world was just ready for it ... and of course he was in a sense seeking the same ground, but coming from the opposite direction. Amusingly, after Freddie and Michael has spent some time together recording, Freddie came back and played us the work in progress, and he remarked that Michael had come up with a great album title ... BAD. A little later, Freddie smiled his wicked little conspiratorial smile, and said ... "I have a perfect idea for our album title - you may love it or hate it ... but think about it .... we can call it ..... wait for it .... GOOD"!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think the world is a more colourful place thanks to Michael's work ... he was a truly wonderful performer at his peak - and had a great team around him, including, of course, genius Quincy Jones. I think he qualifies as a great artist; he devoted his whole body and soul to his art. It's as if, with all the changes he introduced to his body, his art actually became his body and his persona. Yes, I only hope he passed away in happiness, in great hopes and anticipation of his glorious comeback tour. RIP Michael. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bri [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© brianmay.com[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
(See Copyright Note
)
[/FONT]

Oliver Hunt from Manchester asked why there was nothing on our website about MJ. You’re absolutely right Oliver, there ought to be.

But let’s see, what can one say that hasn’t already been said, over and over and over… So Madonna has been in tears? Really.. I’ve not been in tears, but it has been an extremely sad 24 hours.

I was glad we were in rehearsals today for the summer shows and were all able to process our feelings with each other. When I heard the news my first call was Nick, then Roger.

To say he was the greatest entertainer of his generation…Well yes, perhaps he was. He made one of my favourite albums, ‘Off The Wall’, and ‘Thriller’ is pretty fucking amazing and even ‘Bad’ had a renaissance with me a month or so ago.

It’s all terribly sad. The rumours, and the court appearances. It’s been sad and depressing and frustrating for years now. I’ve been so sick of the jokes for years, but this morning? Not for me thanks.

It was a surprise to get the news, but maybe less surprising than if he had turned up at the 02 and rocked the house, played all the songs we wanted to hear and left London in one piece.

His music and his legend will live on. His life is an inspiration to us all but also a caution. I’m very very sorry he’s not with us anymore, but for my Madonna tears I’ll probably have to wait until ‘Rock With You’ catches me unawares one evening, alone on a motorway somewhere.. By then I’ll be really missing him. ~ John Taylor {Duran Duran bassist}

http://www.duranduran.com/wordpress/?p=15754

This is on Karen Faye's facebook status.

I know how painful it is to loose this beautiful man....I can barely speak, but I must share with you his reason for getting on stage once again. It wasn't for money or to relaunch his career...it was to send the message that we must HEAL THE WORLD, before it's too late. He wanted to let us know that we have a four year window to get it right, to start walking the highest path, or we will loose the earth.

Dennis Rodman (former NBA basketball player) (from Twitter): "Mourning the loss of the greatest pop star and icon of my lifetime. Michael Jackson was truly the best. I wish his family well. Love the King of Pop."

Dwight Howard (NBA basketball player, Orlando Magic) (from Twitter): "rip micheal jackson. wut a sad day.i am very shocked about mj. i have every song he ever put out. i am shocked and sad."

Baron Davis (NBA basketball player, LA Clippers) (from Twitter): " Rip mike Jackson! Man I'm sad mike is gone"

More from Karen Faye's facebook:

"I want you to know he was full of love for all of you. He was looking forward to making everyone smile, and unite in these difficult times...to make the world a better place."

"he was working so hard...and he was so happy when I left him on Wednesday night...this is so difficult"

Pink - Michael Jackson was one of the best that ever did it. RIP
Today was a sad day in music, but it was a sweet night. Sydney and I dedicated our evening to the memory and genius of Michael Jackson.
And my dancers all busted out his moves when I introduced them. My guitar player did the moonwalk in cowboy boots. It was amazing

AKON-MJ will be remebered as the greatest! I was blessed and honored to be able to sit in the same room with todays insperation for pop music!

Tina Turner:

"I am shocked and saddened by Michael's passing," Turner, who worked with Jackson on the now-classic charity single "We are the World," told Spinner. "I, along with his millions of fans, looked forward to seeing him tour one more time. Now, may he rest in peace."

I absolutely love Brian May's statement. Very well written. I love Freddie's comment about calling the Queen album "Good". LOL that was Freddie for ya. He was such a funny guy...and so was Michael.

May they both rest and peace. Now they are in Heaven together singing and having a good time....no sickness...no sadness...no loneliness.....just happiness. :)

Just from Lisa Marie on her myspace blog. Now I really feel terrible for her....

He Knew.

Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.

I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.

At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.

The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.

I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.

His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.

When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.

Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.

I was in over my head while trying.

I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.

The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.

After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.

Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.

At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.

As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.

He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.

He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.

I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.

The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.

~LMP

9:15 AM
44 Comments
23 Kudos

why couldn't she say that while he was alive? even the slightest support meant so much to him...this is not fair

HE was the biggest star in the world.

There will never be anyone of his magnitude again and most importantly his songs will stand the test of time.

When he was at the top, he set the benchmark.

SIMON COWELL

MY mom grew up with him and I've known him all my life.

Michael and his kids were just at my house a few months ago, I can't believe I will never see him again.

He was such a kind and gentle soul.

PARIS HILTON on Twitter

WE are out of our joy.

He is out of his pain.

All he really wanted to be was the greatest entertainer and he was that.

Rev JESSE JACKSON

Though it hurts to read those comments - they make this finally so real - I also feel little comfort because we are all in this together. The whole world is missing Michael.

Serena Williams: "Michael is the greatest entertainer of all time!"
Nelly: "Michael is the best ever."
Brett Ratner: "He was the most inspirational person in my life. His one dream was to cure all the sick children in the world. And when I'd say, 'Isn't that impossible?' Michael would just start to cry. He was very emotional about things that moved him. I guess you'd have to say he was a pure innocent in a world that wasn't so innocent anymore."

Last edited:
Serena Williams: "Michael is the greatest entertainer of all time!"

she said much much more than that, thought I'd post some of it... still quite long actually...

Q. What did Michael Jackson mean to you personally? Would you think about dedicating today's victory perhaps?
SERENA WILLIAMS: No, I mean, he was a great guy, a complete icon. Words can't express my shock and horror, you know, just thoughts and prayers that go out to him and his family and just everything. It's just terrible, terrible, terrible thing.

Q. Did you listen to his music much? Were you a fan?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think Michael Jackson, everyone listens to his music. It's like you think of the Beatles, you think of Elvis Presley, you think of Michael Jackson, those are just lifetime icons that I've never forgotten.

The things that he did was beyond iconic.

Q. Did you know Michael Jackson at all? Ever meet him?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I've met him a few times. I was honored to meet him. You know, everything. He had such a great heart and wonderful kids. You know, it's just really a shame.

Q. Michael Jackson obviously is one of the greatest celebrities in the world culture. Can you talk about the whole phenomena of celebrity, living your life as a celebrity? Is it all upside and glamour? Are there downsides? How do you deal with that?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think he was an ultimate celebrity. I think any celebrity who met Michael Jackson was completely awe. I know I was. I kept thinking, Oh, my God, oh, my God. It's him, it's him. So for me he was the celebrity of all celebrities.

To be in that position, I can't imagine. Since he was a child, he has always been Michael Jackson. He's always been famous and he's always been, you know, a celebrity. And he's never really had a different life.

Q. Are there parallels between that and you and your sister at all, in the fact that you started so young?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, uhm, I wouldn't even mention my name and his in the same sentence at all.

Q. Are you a little bit in shock of the news?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I mean, like I said, I'm always online. I've been following him. He's really not been well from what I read. He's been in and out of the hospital. So I wasn't super shocked.

But, I mean, it's Michael Jackson. He's just the greatest entertainer for me of all time.

Q. What do you think the one quality he had that just projected him to this great stardom?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Innovation. He did things that no one else did. Like Thriller is the best video ever made still to this day. The videos that he did for his songs, no one had ever even went that far.

And he started a whole new trend with that. Dances, singing, beats, you know, everything.

Q. When you were talking about Michael Jackson, his iconic status, is that a status within the black community, or is that beyond that?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Oh, I mean, Michael Jackson goes way beyond the black community. I mean, everyone of every color, every nation, every race, you know, is Michael Jackson fans. The guy literally couldn't walk the streets.

Even though I met him, knew him, if I would have saw him on the streets, I still would have been like, AHHH. He is just iconic on all levels.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bahraini-sheik-saddened-by-jacksons-death/24439

MANAMA, Bahrain - A Bahraini royal who fell out with Michael Jackson after hosting him in this Gulf emirate for a year said Saturday he was saddened by the entertainer's death.
Across the small kingdom, Bahrainis embraced Jackson as one of their own. "God have mercy on him. He was a Bahraini. He lived with us," said Jassim Ali, 35, after buying a Jackson CD in a music store in the capital, Manama.
Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Isa Al Khalifa, a son of Bahrain's king and an aspiring songwriter, had befriended Jackson after the singer's trial on child molestation charges in 2005.
He invited him to live in Bahrain and showered him with money.
After Jackson left the Gulf emirate in 2006, the sheik said Jackson failed to fulfill a joint music venture and sued Jackson for $7 million. Jackson denied the charge, saying the money was a gift. The two settled the dispute in a November deal, whose terms were not disclosed.
The sheik said Saturday, in a statement in the Gulf Daily News, that "the world has lost a giant in the music industry."
"We are all very saddened by that," Al Khalifa said in comments confirmed by his spokesman.
Jackson had kept a low profile during his year in Bahrain. He didn't perform and largely stayed close to his host, the king's son, and his entourage.
Some Bahrainis on Saturday recalled encounters with Jackson and said they're proud he chose the emirate as a home, even if briefly.
"In a way, I am glad he recognized Bahrain as a safer environment for him and his kids," said Hala Abdel Wahab, a 24-year-old doctor.
She said she once saw the singer trotting through a fashionable mall in Manama, his frail body draped in a traditional women's abaya, or robe, which covers part of the face. Abdel Wahab said Jackson drew a crowd at the time since he didn't walk like a woman.
Qays al Zu'bi, 53, a Bahraini lawyer, said he was helping Jackson with his finances at the time and accompanied Jackson on trips in the region, including a consultancy job in the Gulf state of Oman.
Al-Zu'bi said Jackson had qualities about him that endeared him to the people around him, including his close relationship with his children.
"He had an aura about him," said the attorney, who said he shared family dinners with the singer. "He enriched my life in one way or another, aside from his music."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that I feel somewhat disgusted?...

"I am deeply saddened to hear of Michael's sudden passing. His was a rare talent that we witness once in a lifetime. One who makes such an indelible mark that for generations singers and dancers attribute him as inspiration. I had the great privilege of watching him every night doing what he did best... entertain. I am grateful to have known him for the two years I worked for him and will mourn his loss with his many millions of fans across the world." - Sheryl Crow

“I am shocked beyond words. It’s like a dream - a bad dream. This cannot be! How can Michael Jackson not be here?

As a kid, Michael was always beyond his years. He had a knowingness about him that was incredible.

When I first heard him sing Smokey’s song “Who’s Lovin’ You” at 10 years old, it felt like he had lived the song for 50 years.

Somehow, even at that first meeting with him, he had a hunger to learn, a hunger to be the best and was willing to work as hard and as long as it took.

I had no concern about his ability to go to the top. He was like my son. He had warmth, sensitivity and two personalities.

When he was not on stage, he was loving, respectful and shy. When he WAS on stage, he was so in charge you would not believe he was the same person.

Michael was and will remain one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived.

He was exceptional, artistic and original. He gave the world his heart and soul through his music.

I extend my sympathies to Joe, Katherine and the entire Jackson family. My prayers are with them.”
-Berry Gordy
(Founder, Motown)

"It is always hard to lose a friend. I will miss Michael and all that he brought to the world through his music and his creative genius. I know his legend will live on and the world will miss him dearly."
-Smokey Robinson

“To me, he is ‘Michael the Magnificent.’ Michael Jackson was truly one of a kind and we will never see anyone like him again in our lifetime.”
-Otis Williams
(The Temptations)

“I knew Michael when he started out as an incredible young performer and watched him grow into one of the most outstanding talents we have witnessed in our lifetime. He was a terrific young man whose talent and creativity grew as he did. I was one of the lucky ones who was present at the Motown 25 that year when he debuted BILLIE JEAN. I was sitting in the audience and there was an incredible energy in the room that I can only call "spirit" that reached out and forced everyone to their feet. It was the most powerful energy I've ever witnessed from an entertainer. Michael was not only a great artist and performer, he was a philanthropist and such a generous man whose gifts were boundless. The last time I saw him was at a small dinner party in New York at the home of a mutual friend. He was an intelligent business man and a gentle soul who had tremendous love and respect for all of us who came before him in this business. I will miss him terribly. My heart goes out to his family.”
-Lamont Dozier
(Holland Dozier Holland)

“The world has lost one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. The Motown family has lost an irreplaceable son, brother and friend.”
-Shelly Berger
(Jackson 5 manager from 1969 - 1972)

“On the day Michael Jackson died, like Hal Ashby, we’re left only to mourn. But we can also celebrate their life’s works because that’s what we are going to remember them by.”
-Yusuf
(Artist formally known as Cat Stevens)

This is on Karen Faye's facebook status.

I know how painful it is to loose this beautiful man....I can barely speak, but I must share with you his reason for getting on stage once again. It wasn't for money or to relaunch his career...it was to send the message that we must HEAL THE WORLD, before it's too late. He wanted to let us know that we have a four year window to get it right, to start walking the highest path, or we will loose the earth.

So what i can conclude out of this, is that MJ believed in 2012! The Mayan calendar

It is true, we have to go to a higher consiousness, in order to evolve and Michael knew this!!
I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU Michael Joseph Jackson!
Thank you for your music and energy!!

Back