[RUMOUR]Michael Jackson To Appear At MTV VMAs?

Re: Michael Jackson To Appear At MTV VMAs?

marie that post you put up, that is actually on mtv's site? i believe you, but wow... that's unbelievable, if not for him that whole venue probably woulda shrivelled up back then and never gotten a foothold strong enough to survive this long. just unbelievable they think that is ok to put that out on their site.

I dont belive Michael intends to appear ANYWHERE
in a professional capacity_ untill he is finished with his work
Not untill he feels he has something inovative to bring to the Table.

marie that post you put up, that is actually on mtv's site? i believe you, but wow... that's unbelievable, if not for him that whole venue probably woulda shrivelled up back then and never gotten a foothold strong enough to survive this long. just unbelievable they think that is ok to put that out on their site.

The way they are trying be funny about the whole thing....I'm not laughing. It's disrespectful and doesn't belong anywhere. They are covering their mess up by making it as a joke, while in reality they can't admit that they did wrong.

If they are sorry for this whole incident, they could at least wrote that, instead of typing down some Awkwardness of the Millennium Award mess, or whatever the hell they call it.

I would love to see Michael showing up at some award show. But I can't see why he would show up at vma. (they don't even deserve to be written in caps) If he shows up he have better reasons for doing so than I can think of.

Yall gon' have to wait late next year to see somethin', IMO. That if his work will be out by then. K?

After what this network did to him you really think he will be on there show?
Michael received the MTV Legend Award @ MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2006. Different country, same network.

I don't even see a point in discussing this. We all know Michael won't show up because he is still working on his album and has nothing to promote. There is no reason for Michael to make an appearance so we can all be sure there will be no MJ at the MTV awards tonight.

My sources told me. My sources don't appreciate you questioning them either.

Just stop lying you don't have any sources . You're just being arrogant and try to look interesting with your " sources " .

I'm so sure you dont' have any otherwise you would ask dem

After the shit they did in 2002 MTV lost their last litle respect thay had from me :mat:

oh, and fot those of you who haven't been on their page, check out this crap I so regret I read right now.

2002 Video Music Awards

We traveled a few blocks downtown again to New York's Radio City Music Hall for the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards, with Jimmy Fallon as the Master of Ceremonies. Because we like to start the show off with a bang, and we needed a way to shoehorn Michael Jackson into the show (really, check the rest of the archive, he's been here almost every single year!), we decided to celebrate Mr. Jackson's birthday.

We let uber-fan Britney Spears do the honor of presenting Michael with a birthday cake. Amidst all of the laudatory comments in her speech, Brit, not incorrectly, referred to Michael as "the artist of the millennium." And that's where the confusion came in.

Michael apparently got confused, not understanding the concept of his birthday or the big birthday cake on stage, and instead thought that MTV was honoring him with an Artist of the Millennium award. Uncomfortable hilarity ensued as Jackson accepted the non-existent honor with a stirring speech about his childhood in Indiana. For this priceless moment in VMA history, we've been trying to give him the Awkwardness of the Millennium Award ever since, but he never shows up to get that one. :mat:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2002/

Ever since the 2002 incident, MTV has kept trying to say ithe whole thing was a "misunderstanding" and that because Britney called Michael an artist of the millenium, Michael took it the wrong way and thought he was getting an award...Well, B***S**T!!! If that was true WHY did Michael have a note in his pocket for a thank you SPEECH??? If I were Michael, I wouldn't go to ANY of their events ever again. And I'd let them know that. Like make a statement saying: "Due to inapproproate behaviour by the MTV staff during the 2002 award show, Mr. Jackson won't be attending MTV's events again." I mean, it's not like he'd really miss anything if he stayed away from all their events. And even if MTV would in return "ban" MJ videos...it wouldn't really hurt MJ...MTV is nothing but a "reality show channel" these days anyways. You're lucky if you see two music videos all day... so no damage done.

Just stop lying you don't have any sources . You're just being arrogant and try to look interesting with your " sources " .

The dude was playing. Calm down.

I doubt MJ will be there. After what happened to him in 2002, nah, not for a second. I love how some fans do this every year, thinking that MJ would step foot at the MTV VMAs. That man got so many reasonable things to do. LOL.

LOL I don't think MJ will be there. :)
But, I am watching it anyway tonight cause my fave other singer is there, Brit. lol
Thats' just it, to why I'm watching it. :lol:

So yeaa.. LOL @ the camel post. :lmao:

You only have a couple of hours to wait to have this one put to bed. LOL! It is the 25th anniversary of MTV so there might be some references to him and it being 25th anniversary of Thriller. I wouldn't care if he did or he didn't. Katy Perry is doing 'Like a Virgin' to kind of honour Madonna but will there be something for Michael. If he turned them down I guess not. LOL! You never know he might come out and do a skit with Britney about the millenium award. LOL! There sure are a lot of strange rumours going around on the net that's for sure.

Maybe TOPFLUX knows. His sources are always TOP-NOTCH ! LOL!

michael aint goin. how did this thread get 4pages long lol

for those of us watching the show, i wonder which thread we'll gather in this one or in the official one?

Last edited:

Is it even aired LIVE in the UK? Can someone tell me?

I'm still reeling from the fact that he showed up at the WMA's back in '06 (can't believe it was that long ago, thats really sad!) There's no way he'll be at the VMA awards. Just no way.

never say never :) anyway, it'll be fun to watch and see

Is it even aired LIVE in the UK? Can someone tell me?
I heard it won't be aired live, but will be shown on MTV UK tomorrow for you, I think.

When are the fans going to learn that MJ doesn't seem to be interested in award shows if he's not honored or awarded for something and rightly so.

Watch this... Russel Brand talking about MJ: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7599834.stm

he says if MJ appears it would be hard for MJ's securities to keep him away from MJ! hahha he obviously is a fan!

Last edited:

can't imagine Michael ever being that simple to second guess

When are the fans going to learn that MJ doesn't seem to be interested in award shows if he's not honored or awarded for something and rightly so.

Watch this... Russel Brand talking about MJ: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7599834.stm

he says if MJ appears it would be hard for MJ's securities to keep him away from MJ! hahha he obviously is a fan!
Russel has been wearing MJ's Bad outfit for years. I think he is an obsees fan. He made his audience stand up and bow to Tito and Jermaines wife when they came to his show. he is a fan.:D

Russel has been wearing MJ's Bad outfit for years. I think he is an obsees fan. He made his audience stand up and bow to Tito and Jermaines wife when they came to his show. he is a fan.:D

^ claps... good!

Michael already told some Spanish fans that he wouldn't be going to the VMA's last week. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

Back