The Confessional

:bugeyed :doh: :fear: I'm severely arachnophobic, even crashed my CAR trying to get away from a spider! I was stationed in Okinawa at the time and driving to Camp Kinser when I turned on the ac, a spider blew out of the vent onto my face and I punched the gas (not paying attention to the road at all), LMAO!

I was in full fledged spider freak out mode :hysterical: I'm surprised I didn't kill myself. . .

Oh my gosh !!!!!:shock: right in the face !!!!! Ahhhhhhhh :bugeyed....oh my did you hurt yourself :better: ......spiders *shivers* :laugh:

Last edited:
:bugeyed :doh: :fear: I'm severely arachnophobic, even crashed my CAR trying to get away from a spider! I was stationed in Okinawa at the time and driving to Camp Kinser when I turned on the ac, a spider blew out of the vent onto my face and I punched the gas (not paying attention to the road at all), LMAO!

I was in full fledged spider freak out mode :hysterical: I'm surprised I didn't kill myself. . .

Wow! That's insane!!!! :O I'm glad you're okay, though! In all honesty, I probably would have freaked out the same if one landed on my face while driving. :bugeyed

Wow! That's insane!!!! :O I'm glad you're okay, though! In all honesty, I probably would have freaked out the same if one landed on my face while driving. :bugeyed

:hysterical: Yeah, that was a hot mess right there!

Doesn't this pic looks like Mike is saying, "come sit next to me and tell me your secrets"? Blue confessions, LOL!

Blueconfessions_zps13ff0b0c.jpg

Well, I have to confess that Michael Jackson impersonators creep me out! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that (for the most part) some of them see their act as a tribute to the awesome artist he is, but they don't even come close to capturing a small fraction of the magic Mike possessed and it comes off as mocking him, imho. It really bothers me when I hear them try to "talk" like Mike, overtly feminizing him, especially with the 'hee hees' and 'shamones'. One of my sisters hired a Mike impersonator for my birthday in 2009 and I ran out of the room crying, lol! I was HORRIFIED and she apologized, thinking that I reacted that way because it was so soon after he died (September 2009). I agree that that was part of it (especially since he was buried a few days before my birthday), but that wasn't all of it.

Impersonators are just. . . :bugeyed I can't help it! :fear:

Well, I have to confess that Michael Jackson impersonators creep me out! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that (for the most part) some of them see their act as a tribute to the awesome artist he is, but they don't even come close to capturing a small fraction of the magic Mike possessed and it comes off as mocking him, imho. It really bothers me when I hear them try to "talk" like Mike, overtly feminizing him, especially with the 'hee hees' and 'shamones'. One of my sisters hired a Mike impersonator for my birthday in 2009 and I ran out of the room crying, lol! I was HORRIFIED and she apologized, thinking that I reacted that way because it was so soon after he died (September 2009). I agree that that was part of it (especially since he was buried a few days before my birthday), but that wasn't all of it.

I agree. I mean, they don't "creep" me out or anything, they just don't "do" anything for me. Some people think they're great- and that's wonderful. If they can bring you that sense of joy and happiness, then more power to you- and them. But I agree- there was something exciting and magical about Michael that no impersonator can capture. Even just watching him on TV or on YouTube, it's like you can feel or sense that "magic"... personally, I don't feel that when watching impersonators. And there are some very good ones out there, don't get me wrong. But you just can't.... nobody can be Mike.

I agree. I mean, they don't "creep" me out or anything, they just don't "do" anything for me. Some people think they're great- and that's wonderful. If they can bring you that sense of joy and happiness, then more power to you- and them. But I agree- there was something exciting and magical about Michael that no impersonator can capture. Even just watching him on TV or on YouTube, it's like you can feel or sense that "magic"... personally, I don't feel that when watching impersonators. And there are some very good ones out there, don't get me wrong. But you just can't.... nobody can be Mike.

I admit that a major part of my anti-impersonator bias is because I've seen Mike perform live and that's a hard act to even attempt to capture and they CAN'T. Ain't nothing like the REAL THING, baby (had to toss in some Marvin & Tammi, lol)! Also, when they try to BE Mike, it's a major turn off (like that one at my '09 B-day party, trying to talk to us as if he was Mike talking to fans, yelling "I love you more" when some of the party goers yelled 'I love you, Mike' to him, pissing me off, LMAO)!

Oh No !!!:bugeyed , at least you was ok :huggy: :) xx

I'm sure the cops were laughing among themselves, probably shaking their head and saying "These crazy Americans!" :hysterical:

:hysterical: Yeah, that was a hot mess right there!

Doesn't this pic looks like Mike is saying, "come sit next to me and tell me your secrets"? Blue confessions, LOL!

Blueconfessions_zps13ff0b0c.jpg

Impersonators are not my favorite either! They don't creep me out though. Many of them do try too hard on the voice. He just had a soft voice, not girly one, lol.

Impersonators are not my favorite either! They don't creep me out though. Many of them do try too hard on the voice. He just had a soft voice, not girly one, lol.

They try too hard on EVERYTHING (imho), lol! They're just too over the top, like a clown (which scares the sh*t out of me too, no thanks to my 5th Bday party, then Stephen King later on).

Clowns_zpsed7634e3.jpg

:blink: :rofl: :doh:

Last edited:
Its been too long since I was able to pop in here for a confession but I do have one... okay several... but I just spill one here... I'm currently hooked on the book Remember the time :blush: Every free moment I can squeeze in, I'm lost in the book. I must admit that I understand Michael's actions cause I would do the same :smilerolleyes: even though its not really understood...

Take the example of the new credit card that wasn't authorized yet ( sowwy for the spoiler here )

I went HUH too in the bank and luckily the bank did it for me cause I didn't know and understand that you had to call a number to authorize your own credit card. Stupid social rules hey! :smilerolleyes:

Its been too long since I was able to pop in here for a confession

:hiya: Yep, haven't seen you in here in awhile, lol!

Ok, this confession may get me banned, but I'll take my chances. :fear:

I never liked the song, "The Girl Is Mine" and I ALWAYS skip over it when I'm listening to Thriller!

*ducks cyber bullets, crawls out of thread, hoping I don't get my behind shot off with a barrage of condemning responses* :lmao:

Last edited:

I never liked the song, "The Girl Is Mine" and I ALWAYS skip over it when I'm listening to Thriller!

*ducks cyber bullets, crawls out of thread, hoping I don't get my behind shot off with a barrage of condemning responses* :lmao:

Noo... you won't get banned. We all have songs we skip over- even MJ songs. On the 25th I had my TV on Fuse for their day-long marathon of MJ videos and they played a good selection, but once you've seen Thriller or Beat It or Billie Jean or Cry play at least 6 times, by the 7th time it came on, I was just like... really? Again? Can't you play some of his other videos? Like the live performance of "Will You Be There" or Come Together or You Are Not Alone or even Man In The Mirror (they never played that video! I can't believe it! a 12 hour marathon and no MITM!). Anyway, I got fed up and eventually put my TV on mute :lol: I feel your pain.

Noo... you won't get banned. We all have songs we skip over- even MJ songs. On the 25th I had my TV on Fuse for their day-long marathon of MJ videos and they played a good selection, but once you've seen Thriller or Beat It or Billie Jean or Cry play at least 6 times, by the 7th time it came on, I was just like... really? Again? Can't you play some of his other videos? Like the live performance of "Will You Be There" or Come Together or You Are Not Alone or even Man In The Mirror (they never played that video! I can't believe it! a 12 hour marathon and no MITM!). Anyway, I got fed up and eventually put my TV on mute :lol: I feel your pain.

:agree: :hysterical: :rofl: :victory: OMG, yes! That is why I prefer to be my own DJ, play what I want to hear (or which videos to watch).

Lol, there isn't a song I don't like but I definitely have songs I skip over! Pie Jesu/Little Susie, Scared of the Moon, Morphine, It's the Falling In Love, and The Way You Make Me Feel are the typical ones I skip over unless I'm in the mood to hear it, of course.

Speaking of songs I skip, here's a confession! I always skip In the Closet when other people are around :rofl: I just feel so awkward listening to that song with people! XD

I confess it was my laptop that bleeped up my presence here but I am sure and slowly creeping back in on my tab here :cheeky:

Confession of today: I had been pleased with my Vaio. I know from Sony :blush: that when the browser broke on my 6 year old laptop. I spend my savings on a brandnew one. Biggest mistake I ever made though :angry: The new Viao chrashed after only 3 months :angry: In repairs but I don't really want him back. I kick myself now for buying one cause even the service at the store is :blink:.

Oh, about the songs, I have that too. Some songs are really mood songs so I do skip certain songs to fit my current mood. Right now, I am in a Motown mood. :blush:

So happy you're back, sweet Daz! :hug:

I also skip some Michael songs for the same reason.

And, it makes me nervous traveling by airplane. :plane:

I confess that during the Invincible era...well post Invincible when all of the anti-sony stuff was going on, I made posters about it and put it on our school bulletin boards (I was in junior high at the time). They got taken down of course lmao...but in retrospect I feel really silly for doing that. LOLOL But I was really intense and outraged about what they were doing to MJ :p

I confess that when the trial was going down I made this massive life-size Michael doll with friends and we put it up in my flat at the window with a big INNOCENT beside it.

Hello all my fellow Michaelers! I have been diagnosed with depression and have been having a hard time with it, I also lost my PW for here but foud it again, I plan on being on here more often now :D

now a confession: I have called my mom my grandma and my grandma my mom before *silently scoots away*

Aww hun, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you want to look at it), you are definitely not alone in that boat :huggy: Depression is a major bitch and no matter what, we are always here for you if you ever need anything at all :) Start a thread, or hopefully you've made some friends during your time here that you can PM if you don't want to talk publicly. Whatever you choose to do, we're here for you, we're your support system :) :heart:

Aww hun, fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you want to look at it), you are definitely not alone in that boat :huggy: Depression is a major bitch and no matter what, we are always here for you if you ever need anything at all :) Start a thread, or hopefully you've made some friends during your time here that you can PM if you don't want to talk publicly. Whatever you choose to do, we're here for you, we're your support system :) :heart:

:huggy: thank you so much Spyce! Depression is definitely a big bitch and it takes FOREVER to go away. I've been dealing with it for about 5 months and have been on medication for 1 month, not much of a difference but I am feeling well enough to start back up with my new voice lessons! I'll definitely start a thread! Thanks for being here for me even when I suddenly disappeared LOL!

I'll start (and mine just so happens to be)...

------------------------------

This is actually a little embarrassing for me to admit to, as poor Mike will probably be rolling in his grave but... here goes...

I was about 15/16 years old at the time and a then-unknown band, Alien Ant Farm, released a song called "Smooth Criminal". I remember really liking the song. It was catchy and it had a nice beat I could dance to. I knew the song wasn't theirs and that they had covered it from somebody else, but I didn't know who, and to be perfectly honest, it didn't really matter to me. Even though I knew this was a cover, I felt they had done a pretty decent job. Not perfect, not better than the original by any means, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Yes. You read that correctly. I didn't know who.

It wasn't until probably weeks or even months later that I learned who the song actually belonged to :lol:

(Michael, I am so sorry! Please forgive me? :praying)

Actually, I look back on that now and I laugh so hard. It's one of those things that is just so ridiculously absurd with all that I now know, it's like, how could I- #1) not know who originally wrote/performed Smooth Criminal and #2) not know that it was one of Michael's greatest pieces?

I was such an idiot back then :rollin:

Okay... who's next?

Whoa, this thread is so much fun!! ok, Spyce let me tell you I LAUGHED so much when I read your first confession becaaaause: I HAD THE SAME :blush::ph34r: I did ok? I remember I really like their version and then I kept wondering, why they always talked about Michael when they played the video on MTV :lmao: oh gosh, I mean I knew about Michael since 2001 was the year I began reconnecting with Michael and becoming the fan I am today and You Rock My World was hot!! so, I always remember seeing both of them on MTV's top 10! but it wasn't until they asked people who's version they liked better that I went 'WHOA :bugeyed how could I be so stupid?!' :rofl: oh I was 12-13 then so, I guess Michael would forgive my ignorance :lol: :blush:

Also, I confess that when I was in high-school, around 14 or 15, I used to wear white tape on my fingers like Michael did :lol: people did give me weird looks and kinda chuckled at me but I GAVE 0!! I loved it and I felt so cool :kickass:

I also... stole... a Michael vintage magazine (from 1982 or 84, can't remember correctly) from the public library :blush: :doh: how could I not' haha ok ok, I shouldn't have to but this was around 2005, just before the trial and I was just so so hungry for anything Michael.. I was so proud to be his fan and yeah, that can lead to doing things you're not too proud of in the future -_- I can only imagine the look on their faces when it was time for the next inventory :laugh:

Uhm, I also was obsessed with Michael's nose :lol: yeah, from the BAD album cover :blush: I thought it was the perfect nose at the time and I remember I had the booklet on my window, I'd look at it everytime I woke up and thought 'one day I'll have that nose' :lmao: it's so crazy, ok!! but yeah that's what went through my mind back in 2003. It only lasted a few months but I still think that's what started my obsession with the Bad era and his looks :wub: before that I put Thriller as my favorite era along with OTW! Still do but that period of time obsessing over his BAD era face had a permanent effect on me :rofl:

Anyway uhm, as for the non-Michael related confessions... when I was a teenager, well starting from age 11 up to 16 or 17 maybe longer... I experienced these episodes of what I thought were paranormal activities at my house :| yeah I know it's 'crazy' for some but I remember I was terrified to go to sleep then because you could feel a pretty evident 'heavy' atmosphere in the room and as soon as I went to sleep I felt this 'weight' on top of me that wouldn't let me scream for help or move!! It was so terrifying! I was also convinced of such thing because I remember at the time I had a lot of stuffed animals in my bed, most of them were white.. and one morning after waking up from a very stressful almost sleepless night, I found out ALL of them had this black uhm...layer all over them! It was really scary and up to this day I've only told my sister about it... as for the 'weight' issue, we now know there's this thing called Sleep Paralysis but the stuffed animals incident still makes me wonder what happened. I'm very scaredy and sometimes I still think I experience small things related to that but they aren't as bad as they were 10 years ago :mello:

Anyway, this is quite a fun thread! I'll keep posting more confessions as they come back to me! :lol: it's always fun to go back in time and remember what you did when you were younger :D

You know what...*crawls on thread* I think I have some awkwardly funny confessions to make xD

For the MJ related one, laaaawd, one time my mom and I were at the grocery store and Rock With You came on. The thing was, it came on while I had to pee REAALLY bad, but I stayed and squirmed around in desperation until the song was all the way over. *dies*

Well, I am glad to be back. There is nothing like your daily routine, hey!

Confession? Well, in 2010 all the way through 2013. I had a 'presence' in my flat too. It was scary really. White mist, stuff flying off my shelves, impressions in the sofa, doors opening and closing and yeash, slamming too, duh. Posters torn from the wall. It had gotten so nasty that my neighbour got scared and that the landlord was on my door step. I just said I had a ghost protecting me and since they know I am an MJ fan :D They leave me in peace now. I think they are just scared and me... I feel protected and have fun exactly especially when a rack wobbles. I tend to move my stuff around so then I can spot him. Cruel of me, hey!
We are 2014 and he's quieter now. Anyway, there is more than just the eye can see, hey! So, if you have a presence? Just be nice to them. They are just 'passing over' :blush:

:huggy: thank you so much Spyce! Depression is definitely a big bitch and it takes FOREVER to go away. I've been dealing with it for about 5 months and have been on medication for 1 month, not much of a difference but I am feeling well enough to start back up with my new voice lessons! I'll definitely start a thread! Thanks for being here for me even when I suddenly disappeared LOL!

Any time :) Personally (and everybody's journey is different) I've found that I've never really been able to "get over" my depression. So many times I thought I have, but something happens to trigger it, and I'm right back at the bottom of the barrel again. So I've learned to accept that I have depression and will likely struggle with it the rest of my life. I just need to find ways of coping with it that work for me. I hope that isn't the case for you. Hopefully this is just a "phase" or something and you will be able to outgrow it... and I don't mean to trivialize your situation by any means. I just hope for the best for you :)

Now for my confession, which is less of a confession and more of a funny story, but I just have to share...

I'm in South Carolina right now, and spent last Friday & Saturday traveling down here (in a car) with my family. I had been listening to Xscape and Chicago was one of the last songs I listened to. A few minutes later, we passed by a field with a whole bunch of geese in it and my mom pointed it out. With Chicago still stuck in my head I went 'quack quack' :lmao: Of course, she doesn't get the reference and I told her I was just being a smart-ass (which I was, that's not a lie... I know geese don't quack :lol:), but still. It's pretty funny.

Any time :) Personally (and everybody's journey is different) I've found that I've never really been able to "get over" my depression. So many times I thought I have, but something happens to trigger it, and I'm right back at the bottom of the barrel again. So I've learned to accept that I have depression and will likely struggle with it the rest of my life. I just need to find ways of coping with it that work for me. I hope that isn't the case for you. Hopefully this is just a "phase" or something and you will be able to outgrow it... and I don't mean to trivialize your situation by any means. I just hope for the best for you :)

Now for my confession, which is less of a confession and more of a funny story, but I just have to share...

I'm in South Carolina right now, and spent last Friday & Saturday traveling down here (in a car) with my family. I had been listening to Xscape and Chicago was one of the last songs I listened to. A few minutes later, we passed by a field with a whole bunch of geese in it and my mom pointed it out. With Chicago still stuck in my head I went 'quack quack' :lmao: Of course, she doesn't get the reference and I told her I was just being a smart-ass (which I was, that's not a lie... I know geese don't quack :lol:), but still. It's pretty funny.

It definitely is, I'm hoping mine is a phase too, I an really tired of feeling like this, and I desperately want to get my life back together. I have been able to finally find my "happy place" which I couldn't find before, so it's a step. Thanks for your kind words, every little bit of advice is appreciated :)

Confession: one time my firend and I walked all the way over to our local CVS which was just a little bit from us, we bought the Peeps stuffed animals and I ended up in the middle of the night confessing to my mom in tears what we did *face palm* she wasn't mad but I still felt bad LOL.

I confess here.... I am in love with your siggy Skyisthelimit :wub:
Makes me wonder what that guy is telling him to spark such a reaction of ' No way, nah ' :D
Besides, I love his hair there, hmmmmm :blush:

Anyway, I do understand you both when it comes to depression. I have been diagnosed with it too but the chemical meds that the quack gave me don't help me. They make me even more ill so I am on natural stuff now. I am so chuffed to have a new batch again.
The thing is.... All they do is pinpoint and douse the symptoms instead of taking away the cause of your depression. It sure is a brave step to find your save place so you can gear energy from that to stand strong in the Big BAD world of today. Take care girls :better:

2nd confession of the day... perfect mornings are when I can be here! :blush:

My confession:

My brother, as I'm sure many of you know by now is 18. Right now, all he cares about is being "cool" and right now the big thing for him is smoking pot. Whatever, it's not a big deal. I think he's a bit too obsessed with it and I wish he wasn't, but he's an adult now and he makes his own choices.

Anyway, as I said before, we're on vacation and he and I went out last night checking out some of the shops on the boardwalk and being nighttime, all the smoke shops were open and he just *had* to check them out. We made the rounds but there was one last one we stopped at and he was checking out rather large pipes. The sales guy let my brother handle the pipe but told him to be careful as some of the parts are very fragile. Not 5 seconds later, one of the pieces shatters. My body (and my brother's) ran ice cold. I knew were going to have to pay for it, but just how much was the question. The sales guy was decent and said we had 2 options... he could charge us for the whole pipe which cost about $800, or we could just pay for the broken piece which cost about $110. I said we'd pay for the broken part and be on our way. My brother only had $20 on him so I had to cover his ass. After all was said and done, the shop charged me $126.

I shouldn't have covered for him, but it was either that or they call the cops and I wasn't about to let that happen. I was standing right there and I know it was an accident.

Anyway, I won't be able to make it back down to the store to ask them about the extra $16, and I can't find them online and I can't find a phone number for them or anything. I have no way of contacting them to ask them about it. I am going to tell my brother about it and will probably just tell him that it's payment for me for covering for his ass.

Does that make me a bad person? :lol:

Back