the monthly issue - girly dues!

connie

Proud Member
Today I got my period and I get severe pain in my stomach. I feel bloated and want to keep me in bed all the time. Are there any other girls who are struggling with the same problem? it feels like the uterus is pulled in while I get an overload of gas in addition. this is a very problematic issue for me and it happens MONTHLY! I'm also struggling with PMS and a bad mood = /

Re: the monthly issue

Sometimes. Do you think perhaps it could be a cyst or endometriosis? That might be very painful you might want to see a doctor to get it checked out!

One of the reasons I hate being a girl lol

I would maybe see your doctor about it. If it is normal, they can always put you on the pill or something to help reduce the pain each month.

I just edited the title a little bit to make it a bit more descriptive. For the guys really, they don't know half of what the girls go through! :lol:

Great idea, otherwise the male members are going to be like........ WHAT hahaha :p

Connie have you seen a GP about it? Some go through more than others and it's good to let your doc know, just to be sure there isn't a problem causing it.

Personally I'm all about the Tylenol... some wine...hot bath or compresses.... some nice MJ tunes.... and nobody bothering me ;)

I just edited the title a little bit to make it a bit more descriptive. For the guys really, they don't know half of what the girls go through! :lol:

That's easy for you to say. You have no idea about the amount of stick we get :ninja: :mello:

I used to get severe cramps to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. Then I started getting headaches and I also had horrible bloating. But I don't have that problem really at all anymore because I stay active and exercise a lot. For me, exercise keeps the cramp pain down A LOT and helps the bloating. However, if you can't get up and exercise then I suggest you take a pill like midol or advil or whatever you prefer or you could see your doctor to see what they will do for you.

Happy time of the month! lol. Oh isn't it great being female... :D

Oh dear, I know what you're going through. Can't wait till I'm like 60 lol (jk, jk)
Sometimes when I get it @ first I have to take the entire day off from my classes or maybe even two, thats how bad the pain and discomfort is for me...just recently my mom introduced me to some Tylenol and well the pain is still there but doesn't last as long.

and Sometimes I put my laptop on my belly and it helps. But yeah the worst thing in the world.:no:

As far as mankind's gotten, there has been no definite cure for this misery as of date...ugh

Last edited:
It is an absolute killer. I have to start off taking 5 Aleve. My doctor wants to put me on birth control. I said won't I gain weight? He said no more than 5 or 10 pounds, nothing major. I said I can't afford 5 or 10 lbs. But I tell you, every month I feel like going back to him and begging for them.

On the worst day, I can hardly stand up. It makes me throw up and I can hardly move.

I'm telling you all now. This is a grand conspiracy against women. A conspiracy I tell ya.

I'm always tired during my time of the month. More tired than usual. Enough to where I do not want to exercise. Maybe it's not a good thing, but I skip exercise during my time of the month. I'll do some light walking, but not my usual workout.

I'm a complete mess during this time....and I cry a lot, for no reason. :cry:
Instead of exercising, I want to eat...especially CHOCOLATE (OH CHOCOLATE, I love you! :heart:)!! :lol:
My legs ache so bad, I have horrible back pain and headaches. And of course, the worst feeling....feeling bloated. :puke: It's just horrible!! I'm going through my "friend" right now, and I'm so happy to have a place to complain about it!! :D

But of course, if anything ever seems as if it's out of the ordinary to you, it's best to go to the DR about it. It's not something to ignore. :)

I've been going through this hell for 35 years (first time I was around 11 years old). I know how you feel, it's torture. If it weren't for Motrin/Ibuprofen I would never get out of bed or go to work during that horrendous time that seems to revisit me all too quickly each month, lol.

You really should see a GYN and try whatever tests/prescriptions or treatments they suggest. Birth control pills didn't do much for me but they may help you. I was diagnosed with Fibroids. They can really cause a lot of those symptoms. Or Endometriosis which I have yet to be tested for (requires a more invasive medical procedure and I'm scared...heh). I also have an ovarian cyst which I've heard can also cause problems.

I know it's frustrating but keep seeing the doctor and trying different things until they find the problem and the right treatment for you (I need to do that as well).

I'm a complete mess during this time....and I cry a lot, for no reason. :cry:
Instead of exercising, I want to eat...especially CHOCOLATE (OH CHOCOLATE, I love you! :heart:)!! :lol:
My legs ache so bad, I have horrible back pain and headaches. And of course, the worst feeling....feeling bloated. :puke: It's just horrible!! I'm going through my "friend" right now, and I'm so happy to have a place to complain about it!! :D

That's right. I get ravenous a week or two before and during. I want to eat everything in sight, hehe!

And I do get migraines sometimes and you're tell me about the bloating. I feel like a Thanksgiving day parade float.

Damn, sounds really bad.

Glad I don't have to deal with it...ever.

hey connie, i think u should go to your GP and tell them what you're going through. girls vary a lot with how severe/mild their period pains are, and it looks like yours are really tough :( mine are also really bad, makes me skip meals coz of the bloating and stomach pain, which in turn makes me weaker and in a worse mood.

it used to be a lot worse until i went to the doctor and she recommended naprogesic - it works really well for me. some of my friends swear by it to, but u better ask your pharmacist/chemist/doctor if theres something more suitable for you.
so now all i get is two days of absolute hell and the rest is pretty sweet!

i hope u find something that works for you, until then make sure u pamper urself and get plenty of rest. *hugs*

Wow, reading this thread made me realize how lucky I am.

My period pains only last a day or two. The first two days are the worst but it gradually gets better that I forget about it.

I hope you find something that will work for you. It really does suck having this especially when you're in school or at work. I feel like b*tching at everyone. LOL!

:better:

I see that I'm also very lucky as my pains are never that severe. I feel like I'm going to get really sick a few days before but than when it comes I only get some minor cramps, maybe a headache, and some moodiness.

The only people I get mad at during this time is men, as it seems like they never have to go through any of this. They get to glide on by as we have to go through all these pains...periods..pregnancy/birth..menopause. Pffff :smilerolleyes:

Oh, so this isn't about finding a way to change the calendar to the next month without ripping it?

:wtf: :hysterical:

That's right. I get ravenous a week or two before and during. I want to eat everything in sight, hehe!

I often have the increased appetite too. :eat:

:better:

I see that I'm also very lucky as my pains are never that severe. I feel like I'm going to get really sick a few days before but than when it comes I only get some minor cramps, maybe a headache, and some moodiness.

The only people I get mad at during this time is men, as it seems like they never have to go through any of this. They get to glide on by as we have to go through all these pains...periods..pregnancy/birth..menopause. Pffff :smilerolleyes:

But we don't have to deal with prostate issues, which I've heard are pretty painful. Ok, maybe that wasn't a good example.

Men don't really seem to "get it" either. My ex would bitch me out for taking pills because it wasn't the "natural" way to deal with it (don't ask) but he was ALL for it if it meant that I wouldn't be bitchy. :smilerolleyes:

My bottle of Pamprin actually says on it not to take if you have urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate gland. :scratch:

I used to have really bad PMS when I was a teenager, but that seems to have gone away now, for the most part. My monthly visitor has become very reliable for me over the past 3 or 4 years. Comes exactly at the same time every month (usually), and my cycle happens exactly the same way each time. It makes my life a little easier.

Why did I read the title as "The monthly issue - girly dudes!" ? :lol:

I have to say I am so lucky to be part of the minority that does not experience any pain or discomfort before or during their periods. Thank you Lord.

You have Dysmenorrhea or basically painful menstruation. There are different stages though. I also have it and I have it so bad that I have passed out, vomited and cried for days. What gives me a bit of comfort is Midol Extra Strength with Extended Relief. It's a muscle relaxant so it might knock you out like it does me but usually 2 pills will give me some comfort. You are not alone in this battle and many women go through it each time they have their monthly visitor. Have you also gotten your abdomen and pelvic check up? You should probably ask your doctor to order you one so they can see if there's cysts or any masses that shouldn't be in your uterus, ovaries, etc.

Here's a very useful article about Dysmenorrhea:
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/80/main.html

Hope that gives you some idea. :)

I feel your pain, literally! For me it was so bad I had to take hydrocodone, well I can become addicted to pain meds VERY easily, so I had to wean off of that. I went to a doctor and he just gave me a birth control, and it REALLY worked for me. I have shorter and lighter periods and the pain in really minimal now that I can take a Pamprin or Midol and I'm fine. But the others are right, go to the doctor to make sure there isn't something else wrong.

I am too one of the lucky ones who doesn't have so painful period. The first day is the worst, I get nauseous and sometimes even throw up, back pains only come when I lay down. After the first day I really don't feel any pain usually.. I appreciate it and a big :huggy: to those struggling with period from hell.

I have seen every freaking doctor in NEW YORK and nothing helps me. It's only the first day, but what a brutal day. Where ever i am, i have to rush home immediately. I am on the floor screaming in excruciating pain. Can't eat or drink because i am nauseous all the time. The doctors say it will get better with child birth, but i don't know.

Back