the ten worst remakes

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
which remakes come to mind that not only should the song never been covered and you wanted your money back, but that the artist who covered the song should have had there contract revoked?

sounds brutal huh? well your ears felt the end results were gonna cause you mental damage for the inflicted ear drum pain. speak on it.

i could start off with that Luther Vandross tribute album and the Irony Luther was mainly a cover artist and it showed how badly some artists just didn't relate to that man's tone and presentation, etc...

The Girl Is Mine 2008
Beat It 2008
Billie Jean 2008
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008
Nisha Kataria's remake of Earth Song
We Are The World 25
THIS

I know there's not ten, but I can't think of any more right now.

I generally don't like covers. I think it's very rare that a cover is better than the original.

[youtube]uLCRisDDjxI&fmt=18[/youtube]

That must have been a Joke, right ??

I don't know why people hate the T25 remakes, I like them. Ofcorse they're not in the same league as the originals, but they were a hell of a lot better thsn anything else in the charts at that time !!!

We are the world
original:

Remake:

24zgftg.jpg

Unbelievably horrific I can't even........
I am still upset that they remade this song

I do like WATW 25. It has a new flavor to fit the era we live in, I like the rap part, I just dislike Bieber and Lil' Wayne..other than that, it's beautiful and gives me goosebumps.

Remake I dislike? Yeah that Britney I love rock n roll thing was weird...
I usually don't like covers anyway.

Oh god yeh that was awful and what got me was when all the Fallout Boy fans were like, "OMG it's sooo much better than the original." Like hell it was!

I didn't mind it when I saw it on some TV show and thought 'That's a cool new version much better than that Thriller25 rubbish'.

Also - the Smooth Criminal Alien Ant Farm version. Good way to ruin a classic. Also the U2 version of Hallelujah - I hated Bono so much after that 'cos he sings it and likes it. I do like U2 a lot but hate that particular song and their last 10 years of 'noise'.

Miley Cyrus - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Justin Bieber - Wanna Be Startin Somethin

Anyone actually curious about how bad these covers are do so after booking a therapy session

Anyone actually curious about how bad these covers are do so after booking a therapy session

Are you joking? These actually happened?

I don't ever want to hear what they sound like! Awful!

If Justin Bieber covers Purple Rain for real I DIE!!

No one's touching that song, espically not him. Not a single soul in his voice. Let it be, youngie.

Covers can be cool and all, but some are just plain dumb. If your favorite song is Smells Like Teen Spirit, it doesn't always mean you can sing it as well.

Whitney Houston I Will Always Love You is a wonderful cover (although some hate that too though) but I think at least you should have a voice to pull it off :)

I actually like Alien Ant Farm's version. Didn't Mike like it too? LOL!!

A1 was wrong for singing that AHA song. I agree that was just sad :')

Are you joking? These actually happened?

I don't ever want to hear what they sound like! Awful!

Tragically these abominations did happen, Awfull isn't a strong enough word

Last edited:
Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal is one of the better covers of Michael covers along with The Bates cover of Billie Jean

I don't know why lots of people hate We Are The World 25, I love it.

That "We Are the World" remake is dreadful! I'm sorry, but I cannot take it seriously at all. It's pale as death in comparison to the original. There really was no need to make a "modern" version of it.

The original was emotive--it touched its listeners with the unity and emotion the singers displayed through their singing. They sounded like they really meant it. It is powerful stuff. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I give it a listen, and inspires me to want to make a difference in the world.

The second version, by contrast, had to rely on heavy visuals to deliver its message because pretty much all the singers' voices were weak and emotionless. I think P!nk was one of the only ones whose voice actually delivered some emotion. The bulk of them were just stiff, though.

I laughed hysterically when Miley Cyrus shrieked like a bloody banshee during her part of the video--man, she cannot sing to save her life (no surprise there). See, there's something really wrong when one's charity song makes people laugh, and not think about the message one intended to deliver. The whole sorry effort was just not enjoyable in the least. I agree in that the rap part was creative--I don't like rap music, but that was the sole "new" and "fresh" attribute of the song. Everything else was just a lousy try at re-creating something which most of the people present didn't really seem to care for, if we are to judge by the emotion in their voice.

With that said, other remakes I dislike are:

"Oops...I Did It Again" —Children of Bodom, although that one was originally supposed to be a joke. Actually, make that any metal cover of a song which is supposed to be pop. It's just meant to be bad--imagine how dreadful it would be if Britney Spears started covering metal songs... :puke: It'd be ill-suited as well.

I can't think of any other remakes I dislike.

The Girl Is Mine 2008
Beat It 2008
Billie Jean 2008
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008
Nisha Kataria's remake of Earth Song
We Are The World 25
THIS

I know there's not ten, but I can't think of any more right now.

I agree. WBSS25 was so bad. I actually dislike it almost to the point of hatred. It actually angers me. Akon doesn't even say mama se mama sa mama ku sa correctly.

Fall Out Boy's cover of Beat It was just ass

It was pretty bad.

[youtube]uLCRisDDjxI&fmt=18[/youtube]

Now that was just wrong. :). But funny.

Britney Spears doing I Love Rock 'n Roll.
How about her terrible cover of My Perrogative?

I didn't mind it when I saw it on some TV show and thought 'That's a cool new version much better than that Thriller25 rubbish'.

Also - the Smooth Criminal Alien Ant Farm version. Good way to ruin a classic. Also the U2 version of Hallelujah - I hated Bono so much after that 'cos he sings it and likes it. I do like U2 a lot but hate that particular song and their last 10 years of 'noise'.

I LOOVE AAF's version of Smooth Criminal! I even love the video. It's hilarious but effective.

I guess I'll listen to them after therapy tomorrow. :(

Back