Things to try to get your mind off MJ's passing?

me too i tryed to walk around the block to get out of the house...and i love roseanne too..but when i watched it ..i kept thinking, the last time i watched it michael was still alive. ANY footage of michael or non michael i think damn he was alive the last time i saw this :-( its hard to concentrate on goals too.

:( i know how u feel. whenever i do something i remember that the last time i did that was when michael was alive and i had no idea how sad the world was about to be in a few hours :(

I've kind of coming to the conclusion that for me it's the best to "over expose" myself to MJ to totally shatter myself into pieces... from that point I can try put the pieces back together again.... however, it will never be the same...

Watching CNN, the Oprah special, listening to his music...

Not being on a MJ forum replying to threads about Things to try to get your mind off MJ's passing? helps.

well, I'm def not trying to avoid MJ stuff! Actually watching him and listening to his music makes me happy. I get sad when I think of how soon he passed and how all this happened. That's the kicker cause we don't understand why!

But I say! Please don't avoid watching him on TV or songs. It might make you feel better to listen to his music. Talk to friends about him! Sure you are gonna cry but best to get it out! Not good to hold it in.

Talk to MJ. When I go to bed at night I have been talking to Michael in sleep. Letting him know how much he was loved. I have lived in my new APT for 1 whole year and have not put up my MJ posters cause I was trying to keep the walls clean and be adult! Shoot Heck with that! Tonight I put them up..and it made me smile :) Don;t avoid him at this time..Rejoice in him. That's the way he would want it.

God Bless,
Destiny

Haven't found anything that works yet. Still can't stop thinking about him 24/7.

I've kind of coming to the conclusion that for me it's the best to "over expose" myself to MJ to totally shatter myself into pieces... from that point I can try put the pieces back together again.... however, it will never be the same...

Watching CNN, the Oprah special, listening to his music...

i agree, i watched the gone too soon performance just after i heard the news. i was crying and smiling at the time, before this at was even like that for me... always been multi-emotive, they are comparing him to the wrong people, he should be compared with Chaplin.

5. Eat a lot of ice-cream and chocolates it you have the appetite.

I had a KitKat just now, but now I feel sick :(

I hate this pain....it hurts so much!
I watched stupid Big Brother yesterday. That helped a bit. At least they didn't talk about him because they don't know about it yet.

I cant listen to his music or watch videos of him. It's too sad for me.
Being on this forum and reading about others' feelings helps though...

When I first heard, I went into a disbelief stage and came onto the MJJC after somewhat of a hiatus, hoping that this was just another round of tabloid trash. But I was devastated to find it on the television stations, and people on here saying "RIP" and all the rest. I think that first day, yesterday, I just couldn't process it. I was in total shock and disbelief and just could not physically process it. Today, however, I was watching a tribute show on the television, and I just broke down in tears. I've never cried about someone dying before, but I did today and I have never felt like this before. Death scares me - seeing his body dragged from a helicopter to a truck like any old object, and seeing that final photo of him lying there - was he in pain? His body is rotting now... it just sickens me because I can't stop thinking of these horrors of death, that do NOT do the King justice. It's just consuming me and I can't do anything to stop it. Why him? WHY HIM? I tried to play Fallout 3 to get my mind off it, but it just doesn't hold the same appeal anymore - nothing does. I wish there were a word that described the feeling I'm feeling right now, but there is not.

aint doin any of that. Im like, a monster when it comes to food, but since yesterday I can't eat anything. I cant do anything but listen to his music tho and, staring. My heart already believed it, but my mind is just, tryin to tell me its not true. Goshhhh.

I'm an atheist but I still find comfort in thinking that he's in heaven jammin with James Brown now.

I've been crying for almost two days now, and the place I can go to in my mind if I get too overwhelmed with grief is too dark for me to handle so I try not to go there. I'm bipolar and have prescription drugs but I stay away from them cuz I'm afraid I'll overdose if I start taking them.

Eat lots of food even though my friggn mouth hurts and is bleeding.. 'cause I had oral surgery the day he passed away... drinking, yes.. I don't know.. I'm not in the mood to exercise plus I just had surgery so I'm not allowed to exercise. & I don't do last two.

watch a good movie; something funny which will make you laugh your pants off.
i watched she's the man last night and it made me smile, taking my mind off things for a while.

Laughter helps a lot. Read jokes, watch comedies etc. It takes you out of the pain.

I know this sounds wierd forum, but i have been wearing my white glove and fapping myself silly everytime i think about him.

we smoked one in mikes honor yesterday.... not in the mood to pump iron not feeling the club. i have just eatin for the first time and i might ride up to sonic blasting mj and get a cream slush..

Yea i have had a drink and i've managed to leave the house although i was in a pissy mood. But i went to the park and to a party (where they played mj video's thanks god i brought a drink with me.) But yea i've been drinking i usually have to drink to get to sleep at night although i haven't had one tonight i'm hoping i won't need one.

Here's what I would advise many to do. Go outside, take a walk to help clear your mind because if you are just sitting at home, watching the news and on a computer screen concentrating on Mike's death, then it's gonna become an health issue for many if it hasn't already. You can't let his death get to you and tear you apart, death happens, not just to him but to everybody. Yes it hurts that he left us suddenly, but you have to know this, mike has achieved and giving so much throughout his lifetime and he wouldn't want his fans to sit around and weep, he wanted to make you happy, he wants you to be happy, he loved you all. The news is still sinken in for everyone, and it's like an open wound that won't heal but it will. Guys and ladies Mike's in a better place, he's looking down at us, he's with the princess and other greats who have left us along with the holy one and they are our angels now. It will get better. :)

Back