Women's Periods

whoa what culture is that? i've only heard of that happening for the first period the girl gets, but she also gets lots of presents after her first period so i doubt they see it as taboo, its some sort of cleansing thing as she transitions from a girl into a lady.
I've once seen a tv show where western families visit tribes in...I think Africa. They too were made to sleep separately when on their period.

I have been dying for the opportune moment for this one:

areyouovulating.jpg

:wild::wild:

Didn't Debbie say in her own words that blood and childbirth are nothing beautiful yet he insisted it was??? I wonder. :D

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

I can totally imagine Debbie laying there and Michael standing there with a big goofy grin......

Michael: "its beautiful".
Debbie: "Michael. It's NOT beautiful."
Michael: "no it is, it's beautiful"
Debbie: "MICHAEL! I'm a nurse. IT"S.NOT.BEAUTIFUL!!!!!"
Michael:
dry.gif

I don't mind periods being talked about much...
But you know what SHOULD be banned?! Leaving your used bloody pad on the friggen toilet floor!!! yes thats what i saw once... yuck (sorry for the bad image)

I can totally imagine Debbie laying there and Michael standing there with a big goofy grin......

Michael:
dry.gif

:hysterical::hysterical::clapping:

But you know what SHOULD be banned?! Leaving your used bloody pad on the friggen toilet floor!!! yes thats what i saw once... yuck (sorry for the bad image)

Urgh :puke:

Every time my mom tells me that she's suffering from heavy bleeding, a small part of me dies.

Just to reiterate, periods are disgusting.

Oh.........and one mo thing Grand Master S. You really shouldn't listen to Janet's Feedback :ph34r:

In between this and that idea i told ya about i really ruined your night, didn't i? lololol *dies laughing*

Eeeewwwww...but yeah. THAT is gross. I mean. Yeah. :doh::doh::doh:

I agree ^^

Although even at my age I still kind of giggled when I saw this topic title,but yes,it's a very natural thing.

Also I wanted to ask other females if you too,notice that when you are around other woman very often...say your sisters,aunts & other female friends,for example...you tend to have your periods one person after the other and the longer you're around these other females,the more everyone's periods become even closer together and can even become in sync.. I've always noticed this. Another thing is that mine can come with lunar cycles. Phases of the Moon. I have always thought that on the 'up' side of this very natural thing that it's kind of a beautiful thing about us ladies..it's magic by Mother Nature.

:cheeky:

LOL yeah I noticed it. My friends and I (yes, we discuss these things, gentlemen beware! :tease:) call it "the women's dormitory syndrom" lol (sorry to all the sensitive guys over here)

Last edited:

I really shouldn't have come back into this thread whilst on my lunch break :doh:

Just to make the rest of the girls jealous -

I've never experienced the slightest pain with my periods :)

Michael:
dry.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Ewww that is so totally wrong :puke:

I watched this thread grow and grow! lol.. I can't believe it's still going.

I wouldn't talk to guys about it, just females like my mum, girl friends if I have to.. & other female family members. My dad is always sympathetic about the pain though.

I don't find it gross, but not everything is to be discussed around the dinner table is it.

Although even at my age I still kind of giggled when I saw this topic title,but yes,it's a very natural thing.

Also I wanted to ask other females if you too,notice that when you are around other woman very often...say your sisters,aunts & other female friends,for example...you tend to have your periods one person after the other and the longer you're around these other females,the more everyone's periods become even closer together and can even become in sync..
I've always noticed this. Another thing is that mine can come with lunar cycles. Phases of the Moon. I have always thought that on the 'up' side of this very natural thing that it's kind of a beautiful thing about us ladies..it's magic by Mother Nature.

Yes, I've noticed that.. there are actually studies about that.. strange I don't know how that happens.

I don't know about the moon thing but I have heard of some link with the moon...see Myth or Reality? & Charting New Territory at http://www.epigee.org/menstruation_lunar_fertility.html

Michael:
dry.gif
I agree with this...oh yes,,,I can definitely see the conversation going like that..:lmao:....gotta love that Michael. That Debbie was one lucky woman. Now see Michael would of understood when a woman had cramps and was cranky and all that.....he was so sympathetic I am sure. I just now it...

Michael:
dry.gif

Trust Michael to say that lol.

I watched this thread grow and grow! lol.. I can't believe it's still going.

I wouldn't talk to guys about it, just females like my mum, girl friends if I have to.. & other female family members. My dad is always sympathetic about the pain though.

Yeh i talk bout it with my mum, but when im here at my dads i have to talk 2 him bout it. Since he doesnt have a girlfriend its kinda hard.

Yeh i talk bout it with my mum, but when im here at my dads i have to talk 2 him bout it. Since he doesnt have a girlfriend its kinda hard.

Ah yeh, I'm ok telling my dad I'm in pain & feeling rubbish because of the time of the month. I think males should know what we have to go through :lol: He always refers to it as me being 'ill' lol.. and brings me hot water bottles for the cramps, he is really symapthetic.

I agree.

It's not exactly the best conversation in public but I don't think there is anything gross about it. Sure, it's an icky feeling for women but I think some men need to get over it because this is natural. It just the process of the uterine lining shedding and most of it is WATER as opposed to blood. I think it is a little childish to say it is gross when it's not.

I've heard guys talk publicly about their "male stuff" as well and it is not that appealing either.

But this is what I think: If you're mature/old enough to engage in any kind of sex, male or female, you should be mature enough to talk about women's periods. Period.

Oh yes tell me about it, it's perfectly ok for guys to declare about their 'habits' whenever they feel like it isn't it. I don't want to hear about that either thanks.

I sometimes wish I could be banished when I am on my period because everybody tends to get on my nerves X100. And I often feel like jumping off of a roof. When you are in constant pain that can occur at the drop of a hat you really do not want to be dealing with people.

Once again (since you mean me exclusively but won't say it because you think not calling me out by name is somehow better even when it's totally obvious who you're referring to), no. I don't need to. There is literally nothing that will happen to me if I don't change my attitude that entails the idea that I need to make an effort at it.

Shit, since you guys keep saying men "need to" get over it, maybe one of you can enlighten me on exactly what will happen if I don't. Absolutely nothing. My life will be just fine with me finding menstruation gross and so will yours. Yeah it's natural but so is vomit. Yes, I just compared your monthly gift from mother nature to vomit.

Some people take women's lib way too freakin' far, and the idea that men "need" to be totally comfortable with gross disgusting heinous demonic vagina-blood is a perfect example of that.

Every time my mom tells me that she's suffering from heavy bleeding, a small part of me dies.

Just to reiterate, periods are disgusting.

Grand Master S. it ain't that serious I didn't even remember who the poster was.. now that I saw this reply I remembered again it was you tripping over periods. It ain't that serious it's natural and it's human and it will always be here before you even realize it, you'll have to go out and pick tampons/pads next to your groceries for your future wife some day (as I've seen a lot of men do in grocery stores lol).
I know it ain't the most beautiful thing but it's natural and human and it's gonna stay here forever, it ain't gonna go away just b/c you choose to ignore it lol

As for Debbie, that woman is something else, childbirth is beautiful regardless of the pain, the blood and all the other nastiness that supposedly happens during it, childbirth is a beautiful thing.

Periods are just as natural as sperm is, both is human and both is needed I feel society is making it a bigger taboo that it is.

It ain't that serious it's natural and it's human and it will always be here before you even realize it, you'll have to go out and pick tampons/pads next to your groceries for your future wife some day (as I've seen a lot of men do in grocery stores lol).

*shrug* I can deal with tampons as long as they're unused.

Just to make the rest of the girls jealous -

I've never experienced the slightest pain with my periods :)

Just to make the girls even more jealous, I've never even had a period and I never will :).

I still haven't had my period, EVER im really worried

Cheer up. Maybe you're the mother of the second coming of Christ or something.

Last edited:
Yes, friends or acquaintances may do so but I don't think you'd be so comfortable if a random stranger came up to you and wanted to talk about it. :D

yeah I guess so..:lol:

Agreed. Not fair. We get periods, we give birth....and what do men do? Nothing! lol

:toofunny: true.true..

I have been dying for the opportune moment for this one:

areyouovulating.jpg

:wild::wild:

Didn't Debbie say in her own words that blood and childbirth are nothing beautiful yet he insisted it was??? I wonder. :D

Michael:
dry.gif

omg :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Some of the talk in hear reminded me of a video posted by TarinJade over in the vid of the day thread some time back. Turns out she posted it exaaactly one month ago - moons, months and stuff....gotta love them coincidences lololol.

I'd say it's moreee than appropriate, don't y'all agree? :toofunny:

P.S. and O/T - LoveMJ, awesome siggy :D

I agree ^^

Also I wanted to ask other females if you too,notice that when you are around other woman very often...say your sisters,aunts & other female friends,for example...you tend to have your periods one person after the other and the longer you're around these other females,the more everyone's periods become even closer together and can even become in sync.. I've always noticed this. Another thing is that mine can come with lunar cycles. Phases of the Moon. I have always thought that on the 'up' side of this very natural thing that it's kind of a beautiful thing about us ladies..it's magic by Mother Nature.

YES, what is up with that?? I think it's known medically but the cause isn't known. How cool eh?!

Back