Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters
Re: any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

I've had anxiety disorder since I was 8 and depression and OCD since I was about 15. Been through quite a few therapists and psychiatrists over the years. Some have helped. Some very much. Been through 5 different antidepressants so far. Currently on Prozac. Great stuff. I don't know why they waited so long to try me on that because it's really helped my anxiety and my mood.
I still have really low days and anxiety problems, but things aren't as bad as they used to be. I used to think I would always feel this way. I used to think about death and the nature of existence every night until about 4am. Driving myself crazy. I couldn't sleep. I would self-harm just to feel something. To feel alive. Sometimes I just wanted to die because I couldn't stand feeling that way anymore. I couldn't see anything but darkness in my future.
But thanks to a lot of help and support, things are getting better. I don't want to die anymore and I no longer self-harm. I can go out by myself without getting panic attacks, which is a big improvement.

Anyway, what I really want to say is stay strong everyone, one day we will look back on these dark days from a much brighter place. Love and hugs to you all. :heart: :huggy:

I feel it always...I don't know what's wrong with me...just fall in deep depression sometime and just after a minute or two ,I can be in another state of emotion... And I always feel sad whenever thinking of those last days of Michael's ,I do really think he had never been truly happy, I miss him too much...

Yes, anxiety, depression, sometimes panic, also dissociative disorders like dissociative amnesia and depersonalisation, among many other things. Thanks to my past I am a hot mess. :p

in what way? x
Like you feel that she's being a best friend instead of a parent. My mother doesn't act like a mom, she's acting like a best friend. When it comes to trying to punish my brothers, she does not talk to them about their problems. She belittles me which makes me feel like i've done something wrong.

Like you feel that she's being a best friend instead of a parent. My mother doesn't act like a mom, she's acting like a best friend. When it comes to trying to punish my brothers, she does not talk to them about their problems. She belittles me which makes me feel like i've done something wrong.

:hug: Did you already tried talking to your mother about it?

Yes, anxiety, depression, sometimes panic, also dissociative disorders like dissociative amnesia and depersonalisation, among many other things. Thanks to my past I am a hot mess. :p

Wow your past was very kind with you. :p I hope you're doing a little better. Never forget that you're not alone. God is looking for you and we're here to help each other. :)
God bless.

Almost the same plus chronic insomnia and agoraphobia :doh:. Nobody can help me and i'm so tired all the time being on drugs :(. Sometimes I really wanna die...:mello:

MJE4ever I'm so sorry for that all. :( I would love to help you but all I can do is praying for you. I'm sure you doesn't want to die. You want to end your suffering and I perfectly understand you. :yes:
There are a God who loves infinitely and He wants you feel that Love. A Love that can change everything, to fill all empty and to supply all our needs. If you can and want, get a conversation with God alone, I'm sure He'll hear you and understand you and help you. :)

I'll pray for you and Justus. We are together. You're not alone with your problems and suffering. :hug:

Yes, I have suffered from anxiety for most of my life (mostly social anxiety) but not as bad as I used to be. There are occasions where it really really sucks though. I think Michael's music and messages is good therapy to me. :)

I did suffer severe depression during my early stages of adolescence, I truly thought it was the end of the world, and I think I even contemplated suicide, was not a very nice place/situation to be in at all... I had to take 2 months off of school because if I even went outside I'd think I'd just collapse at any moment, thinking that it would be any day that I would die, any second. I still even get that sometimes now.

But it still comes back sometimes... I suffer from social anxiety, cannot go outside at all, I get extremelly comfortable in public thinking that something will just happen right in-front of me, whether I'm out with a family member I think something bad is going to happen... it gets in the way, but I still go strong, but I am much much better now, and do go out sometimes, it was mainly support and positive conversations with family members that got me think "What the hell?"...

..and to all suffers, I suggest trying hanging out with friends family, talk to them about your thoughts, they're the ones who love you the most and will always look out for you no matter what, family has always been important to me :D.

@CaptainEoLove85: Same here! Michael's messages through his songs or speeches interviews whatnot always get me through a difficult time, and it keeps me happy :D.

I did suffer severe depression during my early stages of adolescence, I truly thought it was the end of the world, and I think I even contemplated suicide, was not a very nice place/situation to be in at all... I had to take 2 months off of school because if I even went outside I'd think I'd just collapse at any moment, thinking that it would be any day that I would die, any second. I still even get that sometimes now.

But it still comes back sometimes... I suffer from social anxiety, cannot go outside at all, I get extremelly comfortable in public thinking that something will just happen right in-front of me, whether I'm out with a family member I think something bad is going to happen... it gets in the way, but I still go strong, but I am much much better now, and do go out sometimes, it was mainly support and positive conversations with family members that got me think "What the hell?"...

..and to all suffers, I suggest trying hanging out with friends family, talk to them about your thoughts, they're the ones who love you the most and will always look out for you no matter what, family has always been important to me :D.

@CaptainEoLove85: Same here! Michael's messages through his songs or speeches interviews whatnot always get me through a difficult time, and it keeps me happy :D.

The bolded part: I'm feeling exactly the same, but doc name this agoraphobia, cause I feel anxious in public places and always afraid that something bad is gonna happen. I'm afraid to go out alone at all. That's horrible and the feeling of isolation causes hard depression.
The main problem is that I don't have any family members and I can't talk with anybody. I'm absolutely alone...
Only God and Michael helps me to survive...

The main problem is that I don't have any family members and I can't talk with anybody. I'm absolutely alone...
Oh... I'm really sorry to hear that :(, honestly. I'm sure you have some friends that you could talk to or stuff like that? :D.

Keep holding onto God. Really strong, if you open your soul to receive Him, He will carry you and make you better. Try to practice continuous prayer, especially in your dark times of struggle. And think about how fortunate you are for believing in God, first of and acknowledge His existence and power: the fact that you say Him and Michael keep you alive. Hold onto that, please, and maybe try to purchase a pet animal, a bird... Be in contact with beings who want nothing from you but love and food. Or if you see a child, a baby in somebody's arms, look into their eyes and be ready to see the miracles of innocence; if you can, stop a little to acknowledge them, or at animals, pet them, if you can, they're ready for you. Pay attention to nature and learn to look for God in the smallest of things. Heard about all those birds and fish dying around the world?... Scientists poorly attempt to get the masses believe there is something Common that has been happening since ages. If this were so common, they would have shown all that. But those are God' signs, showing His patience is narrowing and He won't put up with this much injustice for long. Grab this stronger and stronger presence of His, especially in such difficult times, know that He is the seer of it all, good and bad, and rest in the comfort of seeking Him and coveting for his light. These hard times tend to make some more at least observe something big is happening and believers' faith must grow stronger.

Hang in there, please, you and others in similar situations...

Pay attention to nature and learn to look for God in the smallest of things.
:)
Imagine if we all had this same vision. The world would be a better place.

I feel anxious in public places and always afraid that something bad is gonna happen. I'm afraid to go out alone at all. That's horrible and the feeling of isolation causes hard depression.

I'm feel exactly like this. I know how hard it is. But we need being strongs. God is by our side ever and that is sufficient for us.

Had a hard time with my depression over Christmas and New Year's, because I had someone special in my life who later ended up psychologically and emotionally abusing me. I'll be starting back up with therapy soon. I have my good days and bad days.

Depression comes from early childhood as 90 percent of the brain develops in the first few years of life. It is usually caused by being stuck in a Day Care centre when you want to know your parents or is caused by "discipline" from parents.

Discipline causes the exact opposite effect of what they would want.

www.acestudy.com shows that those with more childhood traumatic experiences (such as physical and verbal abuse, parents fighting etc) had higher rates of criminality, depression, mental illnesses, drug/alcohol addiction, promiscuity, suicide attempts, low life expectancy, obesity, and so much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiq2-ukfhM&feature=player_embedded

This series is great for understanding how these problems come from childhood and is very enlightening.

I get anxiety only when I'm in places with a lot of people there, without any particular order (i.e. campus dining halls.) I try to go eat food when almost no one is there, but that's almost impossible during certain circumstances, so I prefer to go without food altogether. Luckily, I've developed a way to deal with this--stock up on ramen noodles in the dorm, and just not eat lunch altogether. I have somewhere to stay anyway.

I've suffered with panic, anxiety, and depression for years. It's a terrible state to be in. I do have a good life and have lots of things to be happy about and thankful for, but emotions are hard to control and my mind plays tricks on me. It like to distort reality and make things appear much more grave than the situation really is. My body loves to overreact and cause chaos. So frustrating!

I suffer from Bipolar and anxiety... and i take zoloft and xanax, yay fun drugs that make you a fat slob... D:

And in response to MechaJackson, there is a HUGE difference between discipline and abuse, to make a child grow up into a great person a balance of Love and Discipline is REQUIRED, i know because almost every guy at my college is falling off the rails, and most of them said their parents never cared what they did, as long as they were happy?! wow messed up.

Discipline causes the exact opposite effect of what they would want.

www.acestudy.com shows that those with more childhood traumatic experiences (such as physical and verbal abuse, parents fighting etc) had higher rates of criminality, depression, mental illnesses, drug/alcohol addiction, promiscuity, suicide attempts, low life expectancy, obesity, and so much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiq2-ukfhM&feature=player_embedded

This series is great for understanding how these problems come from childhood and is very enlightening.

What you are looking for, actually, is www.acestudy.org

In any case, it's a very interesting study. Here is the ACE test, if anyone is interested:
http://www.acestudy.org/files/ACE_Score_Calculator.pdf

I scored a 7/10. I missed out on the wholly dysfunctional ten because no one in my nuclear family has drug problems (besides mother's smoking.)

It makes sense, that the experiences in childhood would shape later misfortunes.

OMG! :better: Yes... Take away my Michael 'routines' and I have both... :tease:
Well, People are always 'suprised' when I tell them about it... Am I 'masking' it too good or is it only Michael that 'keeps' it under wraps?

Honestly, I've had a few 'minor' ones on a personal level... I guess a lot of peeps go through it if they have to mourn a lost friend, a lost child, a lost job, a lost health,... but the one I had last year was :doh: I guess it was all part of the 'mourning' process... It's 'under wraps' or 'under control' :yes: now... I've struggled through the whole process climbing hills and valleys... I've read a lot on the 'subject' of 'healing trauma's' and so I got through it...

People always SAY... YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!!! I personally don't believe in doctors... Some will listen but in the end they can only give you MEDICATION... I even think Psych peeps or therapists or shrinks... Whatever you wanna call them... are 'too pushy' ... Whatever happened to 'coming back in your own time hey? '
Nowadays, you need to be 'healed' in 2 or 3 days... IMPOSSIBLE! The body and certainly the 'soul' needs much more time...

Then again... its a personal thang... Every 'soul' reacts different... So 'tips and tricks' can work perfectly for me but NOT for the one you give 'advice' too...

The BEST thing... I've learnt is to LISTEN TO YOUR OWN BODY...
WHAT DOES IT SAY? HOW DOES IT FEEL DURING A TREATMENT? HOW DOES IT REACT TO A CERTAIN SMELL OR SOUND?

Once you've mastered it... You can heal with the HELP of friends :wub: and family :better:

ME?
I 'nag' a lot to friends and family...means I 'vent' a lot... though I still 'laugh' too...
I have a "strict" scedule with everything planned from household tasks to leisure and even 'fixed' days for 'social' activitities... This keeps me 'grounded' and away from the 'black hole' I crawled out of...
I've build up a 'friends' list... I know they are all MJ fans but these are the ones that understand you best and they are like 'extended' family... I often see them to have fun with...
I think the MOST IMPORTANT thing to me... is I'm NOT "stepping out" of my 'comfort zone' again... I've tried and its :*****: So, I'm still doing the stuff that makes me feel 'save' like Michael :wub: music to start the day with... Just to name one thing....

I've also found a source of energy... Someone you can 'load' up those 'energy' batteries you need to sustain this :*****: world...
Peeps who know me... know its 'my bright star'... When I'm just around him... I can 'conquer' the world... :wild:

What you are looking for, actually, is www.acestudy.org

In any case, it's a very interesting study. Here is the ACE test, if anyone is interested:
http://www.acestudy.org/files/ACE_Score_Calculator.pdf

I scored a 7/10. I missed out on the wholly dysfunctional ten because no one in my nuclear family has drug problems (besides mother's smoking.)

It makes sense, that the experiences in childhood would shape later misfortunes.

Interesting. I couldn't answer "yes" to any of those. I grew up in a supportive and loving home, yet I still have anxiety issues. My family was pretty "normal" in that regard. I know most of it likely stems from poor peer relations in my case. Dysfunctional families probably contribute to a lot of it, but if kids your own age are also bullying and abusing you, then you have a double whammy. I only had a few friendships that I could say were positive or beneficial. I didn't realize it when I was a kid, but I was taken advantage of a lot. I think I experienced a lot of subtle bullying that caught me unawares. And I still remember some names kids called me, which I rather wish I could forget. I'm sure I'm still repressing a lot of the memories. It kind of ruins any trust you might have in people, and thus the anxiety.

Interesting. I couldn't answer "yes" to any of those. I grew up in a supportive and loving home, yet I still have anxiety issues. My family was pretty "normal" in that regard. I know most of it likely stems from poor peer relations in my case. Dysfunctional families probably contribute to a lot of it, but if kids your own age are also bullying and abusing you, then you have a double whammy. I only had a few friendships that I could say were positive or beneficial. I didn't realize it when I was a kid, but I was taken advantage of a lot. I think I experienced a lot of subtle bullying that caught me unawares. And I still remember some names kids called me, which I rather wish I could forget. I'm sure I'm still repressing a lot of the memories. It kind of ruins any trust you might have in people, and thus the anxiety.

I wholeheartedly agree. My so-called peers were not any nicer to me than they were to you, from the sounds of it. The environment so-called educational facilities create is one in which anyone or anything which truly deviates from the social norm is not only ridiculed, but treated with utmost hostility, to the point of near-breakage in some very unfortunate cases. It's sad that such is the nature of things, but it is as it is, and until people really acknowledge what goes on inside these schools, nothing will ever change. The power of majority and social conventions will kill even the brightest, most exceptional individual (see Effi Briest, destruction of.)

What those people did to you (if you can even deem them thus) sounds just awful. :hug: There is a lot of very subtle bullying that false friends tend to do in order to make themselves feel better, from my observations of adolescent human behaviour. It certainly would explain and justify any mistrust you had of people who were attempting to approach you. Even with a loving family, the trauma which social ostracization/bullying can cause is still very real, and very much an impact to one's psyche in early childhood, especially--and it certainly influences later establishment of behaviour such as social anxiety, etc.

In my case, I had neither a loving/supportive family nor very many, if any, friends. I suffered from the same poor peer relations as you--their hostility towards me caused by my marked difference from them (from early childhood onwards.) I got teased as a child because I would not conform to established gender roles (i.e. boys play with action figures, girls with dolls, etc.) I was basically the antithesis of anything feminine, and thus ridiculed for it, in addition to being intellectually gifted [in accordance to the generally accepted IQ test] and this is the perfect recipe for a social misfit. So you could say, I've been hanging on the fringes of society ever since I was born--opposing it, and preferring to live in my own world, by my own rules. I am indifferent to most people, preferring to ignore them, and let them do as they will with their own lives--however, this indifference is a cause for offence to some, when put in a group psychology, they lash out against the perceived violator of their society and attack him because he is different. This is biologically understandable, however, it doesn't make it any less cruel. It's even worse when some teachers and school administration actively enable or even join in the bullying, as they did in my case.

So, yeah, I get a lot of what I guess you could consider anxiety in settings where I am forced to interact with people in general, but even worse with people who are around my age, due to all the negative experiences I've had with them. I wouldn't call it social anxiety because as a general rule, those who suffer from social anxiety are afraid of being judged by others, and care about others' opinions deeply. I, in contrast, do not care about what others think at all, however, I am very much aware of a hostile environment when I enter one, and I can't help but to feel threatened in certain situations, and therein lies the root to my anxiety, I do believe. Impressive, I can be my own shrink. :p

I've had it very bad these last four months. I've felt extremely depressed and anxious on a daily basis. I have no interest in any of my usual passions (listening to music, playing my instruments, spending time with my wife)... I just feel empty and low and like I'm going through the motions of life.

I went to the Doctors yesterday and have started a course of anti-depressants, which I'm hoping will lift me out of this.

I have major issues with going out in public on my own. I hate it. I feel scared and so very alone. I wouldn't say that I'm totally paranoid, but I don't feel safe and it's not easy to trust anyone outside my family and friends. I am always nervous and uncomfortable. My heart races and this horrible anxious feeling comes over my body. I recently quit my job because I found another, but now it turns out that I didn't get hired after all so now I'm jobless. The new employer replaced me before I could even sign the paperwork. It's my fault for jumping the gun but it's really lousy of my new 'boss' to hire and fire me before I even started. I don't know what to do now. I don't even want to go back to work at all. I hate being out there alone. I hate it so much. I get bad headaches. I only feel good when I'm with someone I love and trust or at home with my pets. I really need some help. I wish I could find a job I could do from home, but I can't seem to find anything legit. Anyone have any links I could follow up on? Any job hookups? I am trying to seek out help for my issues but I don't have any money so it's hard. Now I really don't have any money since I'm jobless. My husband is supporting me but I don't think we'll make it just on his salary. I want to be a mentally healthy person and hate feeling this way, but going out on my own just makes it worse. Ugh... so frustrating! I put on a good front around others, but inside I feel so terrible. Can anyone out there help me? How can I come to some sort of compromise in the meantime until I can get some help? There has got to be some sort of job I can do that doesn't involve customer service. I hate interacting with people. I'm not a mean person or anything, just awkward and shy.

Last edited:

I have major issues with going out in public on my own. I hate it. I feel scared and so very alone. I wouldn't say that I'm totally paranoid, but I don't feel safe and it's not easy to trust anyone outside my family and friends. I am always nervous and uncomfortable. My heart races and this horrible anxious feeling comes over my body. I recently quit my job because I found another, but now it turns out that I didn't get hired after all so now I'm jobless. The new employer replaced me before I could even sign the paperwork. It's my fault for jumping the gun but it's really lousy of my new 'boss' to hire and fire me before I even started. I don't know what to do now. I don't even want to go back to work at all. I hate being out there alone. I hate it so much. I get bad headaches. I only feel good when I'm with someone I love and trust or at home with my pets. I really need some help. I wish I could find a job I could do from home, but I can't seem to find anything legit. Anyone have any links I could follow up on? Any job hookups? I am trying to seek out help for my issues but I don't have any money so it's hard. Now I really don't have any money since I'm jobless. My husband is supporting me but I don't think we'll make it just on his salary. I want to be a mentally healthy person and hate feeling this way, but going out on my own just makes it worse. Ugh... so frustrating! I put on a good front around others, but inside I feel so terrible. Can anyone out there help me? How can I come to some sort of compromise in the meantime until I can get some help? There has got to be some sort of job I can do that doesn't involve customer service. I hate interacting with people. I'm not a mean person or anything, just awkward and shy.

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time lately.

I know it's not much of a consolation, but you're not alone in how you feel. Anxiety and depression effects a lot of people, myself included, so I honestly know how you feel. Have you been to the doctors and talked about medication/therapy? You need to get outside help, because these feelings very seldom just disappear.

The job situation is tough. I've looked into working from home before (for the exact same reasons as you) and I had no luck. But don't forget, what you feel like you want and what is actually best for you are often two completely different things. You may feel awkward and shy in social environments, you may feel like you just want to stay home and be in your own comfort zone, but are those things going to help you in the longterm? Like you said, you want to feel like a mentally healthy person so I don't think you will be doing yourself any favours by shutting out the outside world.

Maybe you should look into something casual and part-time at the minute? This will help relieve your financial burdens, whilst at the same time breaking you gently into work. Maybe 15-20 hours a week to start with, so you aren't putting too much pressure on yourself.

I hope things pick up for you. Keep us posted. :hug:

I am about to start training (next week) to work with people who suffer from anxiety issues so all your posts in this thread have been invaluable and very insightful to me. Thankyou all for sharing so honestly.

Since i ain’t no doctor i would guess that at times i do get depressed. Not quite sure if it’s chronic or clinical, hopefully not, but things can get rather bleak and hopeless. Many times the down times last for a very long time and on occasions it can get really scary, but, amazingly enough, i always manage to get back up. As i told a friend of mine quite some time ago – no matter how often and how bad i fall, i ALWAYS get up. She should know cause she’ been through enough in her own life.

With the risk of causing controversy, i must say that i don’t really appreciate the use of medicine when it comes to these issues. In all honesty, i have real doubts about the merits of psychology and especially psychiatry as sciences. In between the Christian in me who believes God is the only and definite answer to all our problems (of mind, body and soul) and the skeptic in me when it comes to definitions of ‘normality’, ‘sanity’, ‘mental health’ and ‘inner balance’ i can only question these trades.

What science may consider 'deviant behavior' could be a completely Christian attitude, state of mind or emotion, while some things considered normal in psychology and society in general may be abominations from the perspective of the Gospel.

I used to think that emotional instability is a sign of disease until i read that is merely a proof of being a girl lol. Turns out i'm not so strange after all if i go from laughing one minute to crying the next. In my case, i'm also extremely sensitive to agents of change outside of my reach. There are very real reasons for my ups and downs.

A colleague of mine sent me about a couple of months ago a personality test which is attributed online to Dr. Phil. I must admit that i wasn't very fond of the individual considering some of the things he had said in the past about Michael. But then again, when it came to Michael most people thought they were his shrink and mistook the stage for some sort of counciling couch.

Add to that the skepticism i had about this field you can easily tell that i wasn't expecting much from that test. Since my result was 43 i have to admit that i liked it lol. Seriously though, it was pretty accurate in describing me because i am indeed on most occasions an alive person. I most definitely belong to the sanguine temperament – rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn. Having said that, there is also a clear melancholical streak in me that i've had since i can remember. In between the emotional character of the first and the tendency for fatalism of the latter, it can get rather nasty. But then again, i suppose that's the beauty of the experience of being human.

Most people nowadays have issues of one kind or another. Some are simply in denial. It's basically a question of recognizing our problems and dealing with them to the best of our abilities.

Our different issues were actually some of the other things besides our love for God and appreciation of Michael that i have in common with this guy of mine and i've come to believe one of the reasons for which we came together was to prove that if two crazy heads (make that four lol) such as ourselves can make it, then really anybody can.

When it comes to dealing with my issues, i personally prefer to face my inner demons and all the others that i have to fight rather than numb my senses and leave my mind and spirit under the control of chemicals. For better or worse, i want to be 'in control'.

Don’t get me wrong, those of you who are on medication and feel the benefits, do continue. If there are things that help you get through the days/months/years of pain then go right ahead. I am strictly speaking on my own behalf and i wouldn't dream of imposing my views or opinions on anyone else, at least not when it comes to these serious matters where my truth may be irrelevant to others.

For me, that kind of stuff isn’t really an option. Neither is therapy. Like someone really smart from long ago said – ‘therapy is confession without the gift of forgiveness’. I couldn’t actually talk about my real problems to any doctor cause they would have me committed to a special facility within minutes lol and there are people who depend on me and need me still around.

Unfortunately for me, not even a priest can help with forgiveness because there are circumstances in my life which prevent me from being completely honest in the confessional, therefore i cannot step into one either.

That leaves me stuck in a situation where i can’t really turn to anyone or anything other than my faith in God and find support in His everlasting Grace and Mercy. I shouldn't complain since He is more than sufficient. The 'full armor of God' passage from St. Paul's Letter to Ephisians fits perfectly.

….be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. [SUP]11[/SUP] Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. [SUP]12[/SUP] For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. [SUP]13[/SUP] Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. [SUP]14[/SUP] Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, [SUP]15[/SUP] and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. [SUP]16[/SUP] In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [SUP]17[/SUP] Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6: 10 – 17

If there are among you believers then you must surely know the most important battles in life are of spiritual nature. With God's help we can overcome many of the traps set before us by the enemy. Hopelessness is in itself a sin against the Holy Spirit. It means we don't have enough faith that God will see us to the very end of our struggles. I must admit that i am guilty of it from time to time, but whenever i reach such moments of despair the Lord works His miracles and gets me right back up from the ground or the gutter in which i fall.

To those of you fighting depression, believers or not, i can only tell you two things – i can relate to your pain and i understand the depth of your sorrow, but far more important than that – NEVER GIVE UP. No matter how dark times may get, no matter how opaque your life may be, do NOT give up. I know at times what we lead cannot really be called life, but existence. I know the world can be a horribly cold place, especially for sensitive people. I know how cruel, hateful or disrespectful people can be. I've only read the testimonies on this last page and they are enough to confirm what i just wrote. I honestly feel deeply sorry for all of you who have suffered any kind of abuse at any time during your life.

BUT, by the same token i also know that people can be amazingly kind, loving and understanding. The world is a beautiful place and it can be a much better one if we all put our behinds, minds and spirits at work. I'm not preaching some sort of naïvite to the ills and dark spots of the world and life. I say we ought to recognize them – in ourselves, in others and around us, face them and eventually defeat them and in the end roll up our collective sleeves and get busy with healing our own hearts, families and by extension, the world.

ah, just re read my post from January as yep, it was OFFICIALLY in May 'diagnosed' by my GP :doh:
But do I SUFFER? NAH, as long as I still have my scedule... ONE hour Michael music in the morning and I always KEEP BUSY then I'm okay...

Besides, whenever I read about depression or people having it... The first word that comes to my mind is...
Visit MJJCommunity and you will be HEALED :clapping:It worked for me though...

The FACT is you gotta find out what makes you TICK? What makes you OKAY when you have a TANTRUM or a CRY SESSION?
Once, you figure that one out.. Its a 'breeze' honey...

Back