Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, *Update Post 164*

Re: Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, hear it here first

150 posts in a 10 pages long thread.
Gaga really must be happy to confirm over and over again she is perfect at getting people talking about her. I think that is her main goal and let's agree she totally get it.

Makes me remember those words of Madonna so many years ago, when she said even crap about her on the media was better than nothing about her on the news. Basically, Madonna was willing to do whatever it took her to get the attention she wanted. And she did it!

Well... that idea has become the main rule for many "artists" today.

150 posts in a 10 pages long thread.
Gaga really must be happy to confirm over and over again she is perfect at getting people talking about her. I think that is her main goal and let's agree she totally get it.

Makes me remember those words of Madonna so many years ago, when she said even crap about her on the media was better than nothing about her on the news. Basically, Madonna was willing to do whatever it took her to get the attention she wanted. And she did it!

Well... that idea has become the main rule for many "artists" today.

Lots of people do things to get attention, but the art is to keep them coming back and talking time and time again. Many have tried to emulate Madonna but met with failure. It's not as easy as it looks or else everyone would be superstars for years and years to come. It takes brains and talent. Controversy can only get you so far if there is truly nothing to back it up.

Lots of people do things to get attention, but the art is to keep them coming back and talking time and time again. Many have tried to emulate Madonna but met with failure. It's not as easy as it looks or else everyone would be superstars for years and years to come. It takes brains and talent. Controversy can only get you so far if there is truly nothing to back it up.

I totally agree.
Madonna might be whatever anyone wants, but never a fool.
Many have failed in keeping on top, but they have managed to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Good question. I have no idea myself, but maybe someone else out there has an idea.

The video, will be another big talking point no doubt. Perhaps another 10-20 pages. Looking forward to that.

Anyone who can inspire this is ok with me:

Anyone who can inspire this is ok with me:

awww, her face!!!
what a lovely girl, congratulations to her!!!
:clapping:

I like the song. I really like it very much.
Might be because Express yourself is one of my all time favourite songs :toofunny:
But jokes apart, I really like the song. And this little girl sings in a way I can really understand the lyrics. I like the lyrics! Well... not all, but most of it :cheeky:

Lady Gaga posted in her twitter that she cried when she saw this little girl doing her song. So sweet :)

Lady Gaga posted in her twitter that she cried when she saw this little girl doing her song. So sweet :)
Really? Well, I must say she has all the right in the world to feel moved by such a lovely video and such a lovely little fan :yes:

Lady Gaga borrowed the Egg idea from Salvador Dali. Except he was naked inside of it...:naughty:

awww..that was really sweet! I see that show is in Winnipeg...Is this little girl Canadian?

I believe she is.

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is Fastest-Selling Single Ever on iTunes

4660228_lady_gaga_240.jpg

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is a massive hit.
According to her label, Interscope Records, "Born This Way" is the fastest selling single ever on the iTunes Store, worldwide, hitting #1 in all 23 countries and selling over one million tracks in just five days.

Born This Way is out May 23rd.

http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...fastest-selling-single-ever-on-itunes/8718445

Re: Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is Fastest-Selling Single Ever on iTunes

Cue the hate in 5...4...3...

^^ :lol: not hating, but I really don't like this song, her others were better.

That is an incredible record. I like the song :)

Sunday, 20 February 2011

Rep: Madonna Never Emailed Lady Gaga About 'Born This Way'

Did Madonna really give Lady Gaga her blessing on 'Born This Way?'
Earlier this week, the singer told Jay Leno that the Material Girl approved her new single, which some critics called a rip-off of Madonna’s 'Express Yourself.' 'I got an e-mail from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be,' Gaga said.
But Madonna's rep has told CNN’s Headline News Entertainment that she is unaware of any email that Madonna has sent.

From The Hollywood Reporter - thanks to Alessandro

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/m...er-emailed-lady-gaga-about-born-this-way.html

:fear:

That's sweet - the way she spoke to the girl/answered her questions kind of reminded me of the way my Mother and I speak to each other. :lol:

Gaga would make a cool mom.

This song just makes me want to listen to the original version - Madonna's 'Express Yourself'...

That actually changed my opinion somewhat of Lady Gaga, that was lovely. To me the weird antics are detrimental to her. But what do I know.

I think Gaga is being overrated. Her music is disposable pop song. And the song Born this Way failed to live up to the public's expectation. Just another pop song that won't last long.

This song just makes me want to listen to the original version - Madonna's 'Express Yourself'...

OH MY GOSH, you're right!!! It does remind me very much of Express Yourself!

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way

Compared to.......

So if you want it right now, make him show you how
Express what he's got, oh baby ready or not

It's like.....the same damn thing!!!! And i'm not completely hating on Gaga here, but no, I did not like the song when I heard it. I understand the message/purpose behind it however, so I don't hate it entirely. But the music alone is very, very lackluster for me.

OH MY GOSH, you're right!!! It does remind me very much of Express Yourself!

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way

Compared to.......

So if you want it right now, make him show you how
Express what he's got, oh baby ready or not

It's like.....the same damn thing!!!! And i'm not completely hating on Gaga here, but no, I did not like the song when I heard it. I understand the message/purpose behind it however, so I don't hate it entirely. But the music alone is very, very lackluster for me.

The hook and melody are very similar in a lot of ways....Gaga's song is such is a terrible mess though...She could have done something better with it...And, the video? Ummm......Maybe I'm just not understanding it, the lyrics bear a great message, but it would have made more sense to have the video depict that...no?

I love the new video! Yes, a bit graphic at parts but very creative. I love it.

very , very creative video...GaGa is the real new representaive of the generation,,,sense MJ and Madonna Lady GaGa is the new brand of pop music !

she is a real artist,,,i love fearless artists like this !

I used to love Gaga's music and videos like Poker Face, LoveGame, Just Dance , Starstruck etc. back when The Fame was released. But now I think she's losing it a bit. If this song was released by any other artist I bet you it wouldn't even have charted. The choreagraphy in the music video was dreadful IMO. I'm still a fan of Gaga but not her latest work I'm afraid.

Back