May 20, 2008 (Big Star to be in tomorrow's American Idol Performing,says Paula Abdul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I am afraid of as well. They use MJ's name to hype up their programme and then they lie on him to get out of it. Then fans start throwing a hissy as if MJ hasd promised them anything.
MJ needs to come straight out and deny these rumours when they come out cause they are attacking his name.

MJ needs to do nothing. MJ fans need to learn not to make a big deal out of someone's opinion. Because Paula said she THINKS (not knows, thinks) it could be MJ we all take it as the gospel. That should NOT be blamed on American Idol. That should be blamed solely on the members of the forums who take it upon themselves to believe something that was never confirmed in the first place.

MJ needs to do nothing. MJ fans need to learn not to make a big deal out of someone's opinion. Because Paula said she THINKS (not knows, thinks) it could be MJ we all take it as the gospel. That should NOT be blamed on American Idol. That should be blamed solely on the members of the forums who take it upon themselves to believe something that was never confirmed in the first place.
They use MJ's name to promote their goods and when people tune in and don't see him they lie about it and say he got cold feet or he make unreasonable demand. They do it all the time. It is not fair and fans do have a go at him too. Yes, I think he needs to come out and declare these things false when his name is used to advertise other people's goods. Doesn't mean that he will do it, but he must get very frustrated to see his name used in such a manner.

LOL! Now they are saying that it's actually going to be GEORGE MICHAEL!

Paula was probably wishful thinking, and I can't blame her for wanting to see Michael Jackson on the stage again. She ain't the only one.

whats the problem with people getting excited and hoping its MJ here? I mean paula IS a judge on AI, can't get more INSIDER than that. And if its not, then oh well, we wait some more. But there is absolutely no harm in getting excited for MJ. Of course chances are slim, but MJ tends to do things when we think he wouldn't do them. He DOES make surprise appearances. Its not like he makes a statement for everything. And eventually he prob WILL make a surprise appearance. Sso itss not so bad to get excited! Thats what MJ wants us to do. Thats why he sits back and stays ssilent until the opportune moment!

And if it aint mj performing, then hell i dont think peeps are gonna get too mad...only PAULA said it would...and as sosmeone else stated...THINKS it would happen. Nothing to be upset about.

Remember MJ's appearance on the MTV award 2001? I remember rumors,substantial rumors didn't sstart flying until the DAY BEFORE. And then on the red carpet Joesph Jackson gave a sutle hint and then next thing u know BAM! MJ dancing with N'sync. You NEVER KNOW.

Theres nothing wrong with getting excited guys. As long as u be rational about it and not get POed when it doessnt happen.

Last edited:
They use MJ's name to promote their goods and when people tune in and don't see him they lie about it and say he got cold feet or he make unreasonable demand. They do it all the time. It is not fair and fans do have a go at him too. Yes, I think he needs to come out and declare these things false when his name is used to advertise other people's goods. Doesn't mean that he will do it, but he must get very frustrated to see his name used in such a manner.

Fans need to learn to go by the same beliefs Michael has himself. Just because its in print doesnt make it the gospel. Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on a TV screen dont make it factual. That is so true. People have to learn to take to good with the bad. And not to believe something just coz its a hot topic on a MJ forum.

This time round, on this occasion with Paula Abdul, there is NO fault on American Idol's part. Paula was asked a question she did not know the answer to, and she said who she THINKS it could be. THATS IT. If people here wanna make that something more then they need to find a hobby. No one has confirmed MJ to be on Idol tonight. Simple.

LOL! Now they are saying that it's actually going to be GEORGE MICHAEL!

Paula was probably wishful thinking, and I can't blame her for wanting to see Michael Jackson on the stage again. She ain't the only one.

Have American Idol confirmed it?:)

LOL Paula!
Hey at least there's a "Michael" somewhere..she's got half the name correct.
I'm cool with her "Michael Jackson the greatest artist of all time". You go dancing like no tomorrow gurl :clapping:

Last edited:
Calling George Michael the biggest star in the world is basically like calling Clay Aiken a lady's man.

It is wrong for the media and show business to use MJ's name to promote their show, knowing full well that he is not appearing. It is called using him, it is also dishonest.. Nobody likes to be used in this way. his name belongs to him. There is a difference between fans speculating and the media giving full blown interview which they know will have people tuning in. Then they make excuses for his absence as they usually do.

Have American Idol confirmed it?:)
No American Idol didn't confirm it. LOL! I guess they want it to be a surprise, just like when Celine and Elvis performed last year.

You can call the George Michael appearance a RUMOR, but it's a rumor that is picking up steam. The American Idol blogs are talking about it and now E! has picked up the story. Time will tell. It does make sense, since George Michael is about to start his U.S. Tour in June. Although, I don't consider George the biggest star in the world. LOL!

Calling George Michael the biggest star in the world is basically like calling Clay Aiken a lady's man.

LOL!!!! HAHahahahaha. That is tooo funny!! Thank you for that laugh, dude. :)

Thank you ALL for the news and tidbits.

I cannot see MJ in AI tonight but you never know. I highly doubt it. I cannot see Michael do AI. He is too big of a star to do that show. As for TMZ, who cares? That show and website is a effing joke.

The fans only have themselves to blame if they are disappointed if it turns out to not be MJ, which is the likely result

I agree with this. Paula, like some of the fans, were making guesses about what big star would be in the fianle. However, if MJ is not the big star, then the fans should not get mad. It was a rumor that some of teh fans believed.

Last edited:
Re: May 20, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentions

Ain't that something.

I was thinking about that the other day, since Court TV is now TruTV and that old Court TV crew is dang near all gone and some of them are JOBLESS. It's very interesting, the way things turned out.

and predictable, waits to see what the future holds for ones still yet to meet their fate.... and enjoy every minute of it

Before this, word on the street was the Jonus brothers would be appearing LOL!

Last edited:
How many hours til we know if Paula was yanking our chain?

Here is an update on the who MJ / Idol thing..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/05/could-michael-j.html

Does the finale night of "American Idol" look like a foregone conclusion? The judges gave it to David Archuleta over David Cook Tuesday night, which might reduce the audience. Or did viewers disagree with the judges?

Fox will need something to hook viewers. In an interview with "Extra," Paula Abdul said of Wednesday's secret entertainment: "I think it's MJ."

She didn't mean Mary J. Blige. When "Extra" asked if Abdul believed Michael Jackson was performing, she said, "I have a sneaking suspicion."

Was Paula having a lucid moment? Will MJ help the ratings? Or cause a mass tuneout? Let's see what Fox says as the day goes on. What do you think?

Update: A Fox spokeswoman sounded utterly surprised when asked Wednesday morning about a Jackson performance.

how is George Michael the biggest star in the world?

Honey, you know American Idol is great when it comes to the hype. LOL!

I mean, last year didn't they use similar words when they described the "big, surprise" performance. And last year's hype didn't add up to much, when the big surprise performance turned out to be Celine and "Elvis."

I dont think Michael Jackson will be appearing on American Idol tonight. Paula just threw his name out there out because she was guessing. It makes much more sense that George Michael will perform on the show because he is going on tour soon, has recently released a new album and is trying to kick start his career again. Im 99% sure we will end up seeing him tonight. I'm not even getting excited about this because I know it wont happen. Michael is locked away in Las Vegas probably at the Palms hotel recording his album lol... If he had been planning a big performance then I can guarentee SOMEBODY would have caught wind of it. Im not trying to be a downer here, anything is possible, but Im trying to remain realistic. Its not Idol's fault and its not MJ's fault... Michael might appear next year on the finale who knows?

I will watch American Idol regardless tonight. I usually do watch the finale show, Im curious to see who will win. And for the record...Calling George Michael the biggest star in the world is the craziest statement I've heard. I notice Idol always exxagerates the success of the stars that perform on their show. Like if they can actually say George Michael is the biggest star in the world without laughing then I dont know how they would classify a person like Michael, Elvis, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Celine Deon, etc. They must be gods. I just think they throw around the term "biggest star in the world" way too easily. Whats next?....Fergie being the biggest star in the world. Like where does this nonsense end. Haha ok im done my rant about that.

Fans need to learn to go by the same beliefs Michael has himself. Just because its in print doesnt make it the gospel. Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on a TV screen dont make it factual. That is so true. People have to learn to take to good with the bad. And not to believe something just coz its a hot topic on a MJ forum.

This time round, on this occasion with Paula Abdul, there is NO fault on American Idol's part. Paula was asked a question she did not know the answer to, and she said who she THINKS it could be. THATS IT. If people here wanna make that something more then they need to find a hobby. No one has confirmed MJ to be on Idol tonight. Simple.

Exactly. I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend. We gotta take everything (the good and bad) with a grain of salt because nothing's ever confirmed and when it doesn't, some here would place premature blame on the wrong person. Gotta learn how to put our emotions in check whenever someone denies what someone else thinks it's gonna happen.

They're just trying to boost up the ratings, AI's ratings keep going lower and lower and they're using the same move we say at the Grammys and BET awards.
There's no way in hell Michael would show up to AI.

Well, I cannot see MJ on this show and I watch the show like crazy so I cannot wait for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back