Michael Jackson Quotes Thread [All Quote related threads merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Quotes Thread

:lol:

„A lot of people don’t believe in God. Science is so silly sometimes. The sun has been up there for ages and ages. What holds it up? I don’t care how many scientific explanations they give me, it ain’t deep enough."

I don't know exactly when he said it, so don't ask :p

oh I never ever heard this one!! where did u just get it ?? I mean which site?
MICHAEL ON MAGIC:
“Magic is easy if you put your heart into it, like Peter Pan did. I really believe that humans can fly. We just don`t know how to think the right thoughts to levitate ourselves off the ground.”

MICHAEL ON INSPIRATION:
“I wake from dreams and go ”Wow! Put this down on paper!” The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself : “I`m sorry, I just didn`t write this, it`s there already.” That`s why I hate to take the credit for the songs I`ve written. I feel that somewhere, some place, it`s been done and I`m just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that God is behind everything.”

MICHAEL ON DRUGS:
“I think drugs are wrong and I don`t care who knows it. I don`t even like the word “high”. If I want to feel free in my mind, I`ll go walk on the beach, read a beautiful book, write a song or spend time with children.”
woooooooooooooooow!! amazing !! he makes me cry when he speaks!! I dont know why!:wub::angel:

does anyone know and can post this q. I was asking for before, pleeeeeease....

Michaelisinnocent said:
oh I never ever heard this one!! where did u just get it ?? I mean which site?

Lol. I dunno. One girl posted it on MJNO and I asked her and she just said she had read it somewhere :unsure:

cinderella said:
does anyone know and can post this q. I was asking for before, pleeeeeease....

Poor you :huggy: I can't help you tho.

Lol. I dunno. One girl posted it on MJNO and I asked her and she just said she had read it somewhere :unsure:

Poor you :huggy: I can't help you tho.
I never thought that quote sounded like an MJ quote. Anybody can make up a quote and attribute it to MJ. The media do it all the time.

Last edited:

That quote about the bug on stage is actually from the show he did in Leipzig, Germany. It was taped and edited into the show that was televised from Munich, that's why so many people think it happened in Munich, but it actually happened in Leipzig.

At another show, when people where standing in their seats and doing the Wave, Michael pointed at them and said, sounding very delighted: "OH! Do it again, with the hands!' And then he he raised both his arms in the air as if he was a part of doing the wave too. Very cute. :p

I never thought that quote sounded like an MJ quote. Anybody can make up a quote and attribute it to MJ. The media do it all the time.

I know and I was wondering if Michael could say it. I just don't know, I felt like posting it right here. I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong. I like this quote tho.

Lol. I dunno. One girl posted it on MJNO and I asked her and she just said she had read it somewhere :unsure:.

I know and I was wondering if Michael could say it. I just don't know, I felt like posting it right here. I'm not sure and maybe I'm wrong. I like this quote tho.

I read that quote on a site too. (actually 2 sites)I have the site saved in my favorites, but I'll have to look for it later. It's one of my favorites. It actually does sound like something Michael would say, given how he has always been spiritual, and saw the world as God's creation (mentioned in the unauthorized interview)

I really like it because I feel like that often, becuase I am majoring in Biology at the moment in college, and science just doesn't do it for me :no: They get to talking about evolution and creation and i just go : :no:
lol

anyway, has anyone noticed how Michael has a way with words?!?!?!?! Some of the things he says are just BEAUTIFUL!!!! lol, I guess it's the songwriter/poet in him :yes:

Last edited:

^ yeah I have noticed how michael uses his words and yes i agree the things he says are beautiful lol!!!i like his usage of words.

Thats why I created this wonderful thread. So all those beautiful words could be put into one place!

'I just love James Brown. He’s phenomenal… I always thought he was underrated.'

'I love to read. I like philosophy and short stories.'

'The minute I surpassed Elvis and the Beatles, they called me a freak, a homosexual, a child molester. They said I bleached my skin. Everything to turn the public against me. It was a complete conspiracy . . . I know my race. I just look in the mirror. I know I'm black.'

'In the end, the most important thing is to be true to yourself and those you love and work hard.' - I luv that one

It is an MJ quote ..
He is stating he believes in creation

Ill try and find the source

Here is another one talking about creation

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul,
and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."

"The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life.
It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation"

Last edited:

Don't know if someone posted it, but I like when he said "Black people are called colored people because we come in all colors."

On top of being deep, it was also a very polite way of saying "None of your business."

People will always pass judgements no matter what you do... so it really does'nt bother me... everybody is strange to somebody...

Was this one posted yet? If so, sorry for the repeate. Michael is like, the smartest person ever or something, lol. No, but seriously, he's so incredibly perceptive and aware that it's almost scary.

"I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen. And that is their mission to do that thing. And I think that I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I'm committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that it's music. You've heard the expression, music of the spheres? Well, that's a very literal phrase. In the Gospels, we read, "And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." That breath of life to me is the music of life and it permeates every fiber of creation. In one of the pieces of the Dangerous album, I say: “Life songs of ages, throbbing in my blood, have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood." This is a very literal statement, because the same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, it's rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of the divine union through my music and my dance. It's like, my purpose, it's what I'm here for."

-Michael Jackson, 1992

Also, Gerri Hirshey wrote about interviewing Michael in the early 80s, and she talked about what made it so hard for Michael to talk openly. Anyway, it has a surmation of what Michael said at the time, but it also is poignant in that it basically captures why Michael has had such a difficult time in this world.

“When Michael and I sat down to talk, there was no mistaking the strain. Sometimes, he shook with the effort. It was no act; the Boogie Monster was Bambi outside the klieg lights. He said he could explain the fear- he just couldn’t get past it. He was afraid of saying too much, didn’t know how to protect himself. Whenever he spoke his mind, people said he was, well, strange.

Last edited:

Thank you wannabestartinsomethin21!!!!! That first quote is amazing! Thats the kind of stuff i'm lookin for. Plus, you know, the silly quotes that make us all laugh a little.

But those are the quotes that I love to hear!

Also, anyone please feel free to post anything from Dancing the Dream on here too. Seeing as it is from Michael's brain, it counts in my book as a quote!

I still say he needs to write another book. The man's got a lot to say and I wanna hear it all.

Sure Ivory. That's one of my favortie quotes from Michael. He's a genius.

Also, I'm not sure how real this quote is. It was sent to me by a friend, it comes from some magazine. But just thought I'd post it just for the heck of it. But again, I really can't confirm the validity of it since I've never seen it before.

"People don't know what it's like for me. No one knows, really. No one should judge what I've done with my life. Not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night".

Last edited:

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' "

(1995)

:yes:

Hi Tal :)

I just loove this quote, when did he say that?

so on one is going to help me with finding this q.?
:(......

Maybe it was Rasta who posted it, don't know, in the siggy around January-February this year?

I can't remember... but I loved this particular q.....

I'm not getting older, I'm getting better! (Interview disc Feb 1992)

What quote is it cinderella?

it was in someone's siggy in January/ February... Michael says in it he wished people could see that he is nothing but a peaceful guy...sth.like that

ps. thanks for the response wannabe:yes::)
I appreciate this:)

Girl: Michael, can i please give you a hug?
Michael: Sure.. Let her in.
Girl: Let me in, let me in..
Michael (Under his breath): I'll give you more than a hug ;)

(Living with Michael Jackson)

"you have to have a will of iron. If the whole world says "no" you say "yes!"

"Believe in yourself. Study the greats and become greater. And be a scientist. Dissect. Dissect. Don't give up No matter what. I don't care if the whole world is against you or teasing you or saying you're not gonna make it. Believe in yourself. No matter what. Some of the greatest men who have made their mark on this world were treated like that-you know, "You're not gonna do it, you're not gonna get anywhere." They laughed at the Wright brothers. They laughed at Thomas Edison. They laughed at Walt Disney. They made jokes about Henry Ford. They said he was ignorant. Disney dropped out of school. That's how far they went. These men shaped and changed our culture, our customs, the way we live, the way we do things. And I think God plants those seeds through people on the earth. And I think you're one, I'm one to bring some bliss and escapism, some joy, some magic. Because without entertainment, what would the world be like? You know? What would it really be like?"

I love this one:

"MJ: I speak to Liza every week. We come from the same planet. Like Elizabeth does.

TVG: What planet is that?

MJ: It's called Capricious Anomaly in the Sea of Space [laughs] :lmfao:. Gee, I can't name it. Just beyond our solar system, I think. But this is true, and this is not to be taken lightly: People who grew up as child stars have the same thing in common. You're cute, they love you; you go through the awkward stage, they don't accept you anymore. Very few make the transition to adult star. And most of them become self destructive. And it's very sad."

Back