No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

TBH, him saying Michael obviously didnt want them released may not be true to be honest.

I was under the assumption that during the break or after "This is IT" Michael's album would have appeared probably featuring many of the colloborations he had done in the recent years, otherwise why would he have done any with no itention of releasing some?

Re: No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

and did Mj even had the chance to finish anything? he didn't have the chance....:no: he passed away.

That's nonsense. MJ worked on these tracks in 2006. Three years passed before his death and he still hadn't come back to them.

The bottom line: MJ recorded songs offered by will.I.am because he LIKED them ,and Im sure he would have finish them if he was alive.

So you don't believe an artist ever records material and then listens back to it and realises it isn't up to scratch? Why is that "laughable" as you put it??

Michael has said himself that he is very careful about what he chooses to put out there because he's dedicated his entire life to music and he wants to protect his reputation and legacy.

He recorded a small handful of songs with a producer in 2006 and never returned to them despite having three years to do so. He started work with Darkchild in 98 and continued collaborating with Rodney and Co right up until Invincible's release in 2001. He hadn't even seen or spoken to will.i.am in two years so everything seems to indicate that Michael wasn't planning on using these tracks.

He's recorded dozen of tracks with different producers that he never used. Look at Another Day for example.

If this is true, why does Mike seek out the "producer of the month" in the 1st place? Why did he use Darkchild? He's trying to fit in. He could get unknown producers with different sounds than what everybody else is using or do it himself. You don't hear Prince going out and making a record with Timbaland, will.i.am, or Akon. He doesn't care about making songs to get on the radio or having hits. Michael is capable of making his own album, but never did it. The closest thing to that were a couple of albums by the brothers: Destiny and Triumph. That's why these albums still sound fresh, and many of the songs on his later solo albums sound dated.

I don't see where you're going with this. It still doesn't negate my point that MJ could've disliked the will.i.am songs and ditched them.

Besides, will.i.am is a far cry from Darkchild. I'm not the biggest fan of Rodney Jerkins but he has produced some decent hits for other people. His songs use real instruments and don't sound tinny and like they were composed on a Casio keyboard ala will.i.am.

None of the Teddy Riley produced songs from Dangerous or BOTD sound dated today. None of the Jam & Lewis produced songs from HIStory sound dated today. I agree with you that MJ wanted to feel as if his new music fit in amongst the current climate but I also think MJ was finding it increasingly difficult to find a contemporary producer who could help him produce songs which would stand up to his back catalogue.

I know MJ is a very capable producer in his own right and I'm sure every fan agrees about the sheer brilliance of many of the self-produced tracks he's recorded post-Quincy. But I also think MJ felt conscious of becoming "old-hat" (to use his exact words). He wanted to feel as if he was keeping up with the times.

Personally I wish he didn't care less about that because his uniqie genius outweighs anything that will.i.am or Akon could ever bring to the table. But this is obviously the way MJ saw things...

That's nonsense. MJ worked on these tracks in 2006. Three years passed before his death and he still hadn't come back to them.

So you don't believe an artist ever records material and then listens back to it and realises it isn't up to scratch? Why is that "laughable" as you put it??

Michael has said himself that he is very careful about what he chooses to put out there because he's dedicated his entire life to music and he wants to protect his reputation and legacy.

He recorded a small handful of songs with a producer in 2006 and never returned to them despite having three years to do so. He started work with Darkchild in 98 and continued collaborating with Rodney and Co right up until Invincible's release in 2001. He hadn't even seen or spoken to will.i.am in two years so everything seems to indicate that Michael wasn't planning on using these tracks.

He's recorded dozen of tracks with different producers that he never used. Look at Another Day for example.

Your theory doesn't make any sense.

God, Just because he never used a certain song for an album doesn't mean that he didn't like it , or its not good, MJ stores songs in the vault and revisits them again even after years , that's the way he works , he did this many times , he took very old unreleased songs like "Get around" and "Chicago 1945" recorded in the 80's and worked on them again during the Invincible sessions , he took "for all time' which is from thriller sessions and worked on it again to be released on the Thriller 25, they same thing goes for "they don't care about us" , "blood on the dance floor" ," Earth song" ,"Morphine", "Little susie ( which was written in the 70's) , and many many others.....that how Mj works, he stores in his vault and re-work on them again if he decides to officially release an album…Get it?

And there is still some unfinished stuff with Rodney, does that mean that those unfinished songs are pure crap? Rodney said that they are Jewels and hidden gems.......and the same thing happened with redone .

Assuming that MJ never finished the songs with Will.Iam because he didn't like them is debatable.

Frustrating but...hey, maybe that's a good thing.
I agree with the fact that Michael may have never finished these songs...

I was a bit dispappointed to hear that he started working with this guy, Will I am. Let's be honnest, he is not that talented (at least I've never been impressed by a song of his). Akon, Will I am, this new generation can't make real good timeless song but just ephemeral hits.

Perhaps this guy, claiming he's honnest and respectfull toward Michael just seek a way to remind the world he worked with him, what is a miracle for such an average "easy listening radio hits" producer.

It really PISSES me off big time when someone comes out with stories like this !!!
If you have some MJ songs in a vault but you don"t want to release them, well....then, shut up about it!
They all know how desperate fans are for his new music. I know I am. And there are tons of beautifull Michael"s songs waiting for us to hear them and love them. Michael sure didin"t record them for Will"s personal collection.omg. He made them fot us.
If they are not released yet, that surely doesn"t mean that they are not good or he didin"t like them. What about "Another day "? That is one breathtaking song.
And that crap that he doesn"t want to profit ...he can just give money to charity.
I am so angry.

Your theory doesn't make any sense.

God, Just because he never used a certain song for an album doesn't mean that he didn't like it , or its not good, MJ stores songs in the vault and revisits them again even after years , that's the way he works , he did this many times , he took very old unreleased songs like "Get around" and "Chicago 1945" recorded in the 80's and worked on them again during the Invincible sessions , he took "for all time' which is from thriller sessions and worked on it again to be released on the Thriller 25, they same thing goes for "they don't care about us" , "blood on the dance floor" ," Earth song" ,"Morphine", "Little susie ( which was written in the 70's) , and many many others.....that how Mj works, he stores in his vault and re-work on them again if he decides to officially release an album…Get it?

And there is still some unfinished stuff with Rodney, does that mean that those unfinished songs are pure crap? Rodney said that they are Jewels and hidden gems.......and the same thing happened with redone .

Assuming that MJ never finished the songs with Will.Iam because he didn't like them is debatable.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know.

Of course I don't think everything that isn't released on an album is sub-par material. I think Monkey Business is one of the best songs from the Dangerous era. We've Had Enough and Escape beat most of what ended up on Invincible. And I'm sure there are many other gems from over the years which I can't wait to hear.

But I'm also sure Michael has recorded some material which he left on the cutting room floor simply because it wasn't good enough. Not everything he records is a masterpiece (hell, look at Invincible).

The sessions with will.i.am produced six unfinished songs. I don't think he even bothered to record a vocal for most of them either which is why it is unreleasable. It is this which gives me the impression MJ wasn't that bothered about what they did together. Will.i.am himself has said that he didn't think MJ had any plans to release this material. Quite why you're so adament otherwise is beyond me...

He recorded a small handful of songs with a producer in 2006 and never returned to them despite having three years to do so.

They did finish songs together. Only some of it is unfinished. He didn't return to them because he was working on a live show performance and not an album during the last four months of his life.

He started work with Darkchild in 98 and continued collaborating with Rodney and Co right up until Invincible's release in 2001. He hadn't even seen or spoken to will.i.am in two years so everything seems to indicate that Michael wasn't planning on using these tracks.

MJ did speak with Will.I.Am just a few days before he passed away.
He worked with Rodney for 3 years because he was recording an album and working solely on that project. In the last few years he was not recording a specific album, just recording music that would eventually form a new album. How do you know he was not planning on using these tracks when he was not finishing the album and not planning on releasing it at the moment he died?

Yep, and these tracks might be better than songs that were released - same case with Will.I.Am + MJ music.

Besides, will.i.am is a far cry from Darkchild. I'm not the biggest fan of Rodney Jerkins but he has produced some decent hits for other people. His songs use real instruments and don't sound tinny and like they were composed on a Casio keyboard ala will.i.am.

To be honest it's the opposite. It's RJ who uses mostly electronic sounds.
Have you ever heard the stuff Will did with John Legend or Sergio Mendes? Any solo songs? Any 90's music? Go listen to this stuff, you're missing out.

None of the Teddy Riley produced songs from Dangerous or BOTD sound dated today. None of the Jam & Lewis produced songs from HIStory sound dated today. I agree with you that MJ wanted to feel as if his new music fit in amongst the current climate but I also think MJ was finding it increasingly difficult to find a contemporary producer who could help him produce songs which would stand up to his back catalogue.

Have you ever heard the snippets of songs they worked on together? After MJ passed away Access Hollywood aired unseen footage of the 2006 interview and they showed a piece where MJ listened to an instrumental that was not released by anyone yet. It's likely this is one of the songs they later worked on together, it sounds amazing, kind of old fashioned but in a cool way. A bit like the stuff Will did with Legend but more upbeat. It's nothing like todays music in terms of production. Totally different style.

Have you heard the stuff Will did with John Legend or Sergio Mendes? Any solo songs? Any 90's music? Go listen to this stuff, you're missing out.

I own all of John Legend's albums and also the Sergio Mendes one. The first two John Legend albums are fairly decent (third one is rubbish). The songwriting and piano is what I appreciate on the first two John Legend albums.

As for the Sergio Mendes record, Will ruins a lot of it with his cringeful rapping. Other than that it's a fairly good record.

Will.i.am's solo work is attrocious, as is the rubbish he makes with BEP. I am half relieved that we will never hear the songs he did with Michael. His remixes on Thriller 25 were offensive to music fans the world over. His rap on WATW is a joke. The man has been lucky to work with some excellent people but I really don't believe he is all that talented or worthy of any of the hype.

Rodney Jerkins is a far superior producer and songwriter.

I want to hear them!!

omg nothing new from MJ for the rest of my life

I own all of John Legend's albums and also the Sergio Mendes one. The first two John Legend albums are fairly decent (third one is rubbish). The songwriting and piano is what I appreciate on the first two John Legend albums.

As for the Sergio Mendes record, Will ruins a lot of it with his cringeful rapping. Other than that it's a fairly good record.

Will.i.am's solo work is attrocious, as is the rubbish he makes with BEP. I am half relieved that we will never hear the songs he did with Michael. His remixes on Thriller 25 were offensive to music fans the world over. His rap on WATW is a joke. The man has been lucky to work with some excellent people but I really don't believe he is all that talented or worthy of any of the hype.

Rodney Jerkins is a far superior producer and songwriter.

I meant Will.I.Am's production skills, not his vocals...

OK. I just wanted to be sure you're not one of these people who don't even listen to what they say is crap. Much respect.

I don't like his strict commercial stuff either, it's rubbish. But the JL and Sergio collaborations or Freedom Writers OST music he did... I like it a lot. And I think this is the direction MJ took when working with him and their music may sound wonderful. Who knows.

Songs About Girls was indeed similar to the 00's BEP stuff. Did you listen to Must B21 or Lost Change albums?

To be honest what I always wanted MJ to do is work with people like Saadiq, D'Angelo, Stevie or less known musicians like Jamie Lidell. Sadly he didn't do it and never will.

there's a new "janet" song leaked, so that really makes me wanna hear Michael's new material. I really believe that the songs with Will.I.am are wonderfull... They have to release a new record because we all need it, not like this is it, something uptempo.

I'm sure Michael recorded plenty of other material post-2001 besides the six songs he did with will.i.am, so there's no need to be too disappointed.

I'm most excited to hear anything he wrote or produced by himself. They're always his best songs.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know.

Of course I don't think everything that isn't released on an album is sub-par material. I think Monkey Business is one of the best songs from the Dangerous era. We've Had Enough and Escape beat most of what ended up on Invincible. And I'm sure there are many other gems from over the years which I can't wait to hear....

Great, that proved what I have said.

But I'm also sure Michael has recorded some material which he left on the cutting room floor simply because it wasn't good enough. Not everything he records is a masterpiece (hell, look at Invincible).....

Yeah , you are right but MJ doesn't record Just anything, as I have said, he is extra picky when it comes to the selection of the songs he going to record, To him, every song must stand as a single.

The sessions with will.i.am produced six unfinished songs. I don't think he even bothered to record a vocal for most of them either which is why it is unreleasable. It is this which gives me the impression MJ wasn't that bothered about what they did together. Will.i.am himself has said that he didn't think MJ had any plans to release this material. Quite why you're so adament otherwise is beyond me...

How can you be so sure about that? how did you know that MJ didn't bother to record any vocal ? According to will.Iam Himself MJ took the vocals of the songs they did together and stored them somewhere, Its evident that they finished at least 2 songs together....

and the Bottom line is that YOU SIMPLY DON'T KNOW, It's all pure speculation from your side , Nothing more . Nothing less.

you are saying that MJ didn't finish the songs because he didn't like them without any proof to back it up , you are just speculating.

Its a global fact that Mj revisits songs from time to time even after years to finish them if he was Officially planning to release a record

Im not adamant, It’s all a musical debate, thank you for being nice and respectful.

I'm sure Michael recorded plenty of other material post-2001 besides the six songs he did with will.i.am, so there's no need to be too disappointed.

I'm most excited to hear anything he wrote or produced by himself. They're always his best songs.

That absolutely true, I could careless about those producers, the best songs are the ones that were written and composed by himself, This is fact.

I'm actually glad to hear this. While I miss his music and his beauty, I believe this is the better decision.

Thank you, Will :)

Great, that proved what I have said.

Yeah , you are right but MJ doesn't record Just anything, as I have said, he is extra picky when it comes to the selection of the songs he going to record, To him, every song must stand as a single.

How can you be so sure about that? how did you know that MJ didn't bother to record any vocal ? According to will.Iam Himself MJ took the vocals of the songs they did together and stored them somewhere, Its evident that they finished at least 2 songs together....

and the Bottom line is that YOU SIMPLY DON'T KNOW, It's all pure speculation from your side , Nothing more . Nothing less.

you are saying that MJ didn't finish the songs because he didn't like them without any proof to back it up , you are just speculating.

Its a global fact that Mj revisits songs from time to time even after years to finish them if he was Officially planning to release a record

Im not adamant, It’s all a musical debate, thank you for being nice and respectful.

Of course it's all speculation, apologies if it came across otherwise.

It doesn't seem as if we'll ever hear these songs anyway so whether they suck or whether they're the best he's ever recorded it's all a moot point now anyway.

Do you think Michael wanted "This is It" released as a single? It was so uncomplete that the brothers had to add background vocals on the song. Who authorized that to be released on a Sony cd? If that song can be released against Michael's wishes, then I see an endless supply of incomplete songs coming in the future under Sony's label. Just wait and see. 60 year old Jackson Brother background vocals on a track Michael recorded maybe when he was 30...LOL...Just u wait and see! So sad

Will.I.Am is an idiot. Why make this statement at all if you're not gonna release it. Isn't that in itself capitalization?
The real problem is he can't do shit with that material unless he gets the approval of the estate and Sony.

He didn't release a statement, he was asked in an interview.

Well, they should just release them all on You tube and let us decide.:evil:

Will.I.Am is an idiot. Why make this statement at all if you're not gonna release it. Isn't that in itself capitalization?
The real problem is he can't do shit with that material unless he gets the approval of the estate and Sony.

How can you call Will.I.Am an idiot? He's only respecting Michael's wishes. By all accounts Michael was upset that Hold My Hand was leaked without his consent. Will's only doing the right thing. As Stacey mentioned he answered a question about that specific point. He could've made a statement much earlier if he wanted but he passed that opportunity.

Give the man a fucking break!

Keeping up with the Jones'

Just because someone uses real instruments doesn't mean it's any good.
None of the Teddy Riley produced songs from Dangerous or BOTD sound dated today.
New Jack Swing in general sounds dated to me. I didn't say Dangerous or the albums after it are bad, but some of the material is dated to me. I like 80s new wave, but much of it sounds dated as well. I've never really liked Blood On The Dance Floor (the song). The music was cheesy sounding and it was like some album filler to me, lol. If the music was removed and somebody did a good remix, it would be better. I didn't like the original R. Kelly mix of One More Chance (and I never listen to it), but I did like the Paul Oakenfold remix and maybe the Metro mix.
But I also think MJ felt conscious of becoming "old-hat" (to use his exact words). He wanted to feel as if he was keeping up with the times.
Why is this important? Maybe he felt he needed to do this to get radio play, but it doesn't really make a difference anyway. In general, after an act reaches a certain age, any new music they release gets little or no airplay. So Mike has pretty much the same chance of getting play whether he uses Akon or not. I think he should get airplay because he's Michael Jackson, not because he has Soulja Boy rapping on a track or playing a character like Ronald Isley's "Mr. Biggs".

Well.....NO!!!!!!!!

If somebody asks him a question, he has to answer it as honestly as he can.........

ok Will has something that no one else has or may never get. And he doesn't want to release them to cash in on Michael's death and some of you call him an idiot? To me that's respectful. Will isn't making money off Michael's death like everyone else is. Personally i respect him more for not wanting to release the tracks because they weren't finished and were not ready for our ears.

We of all people know how Michael was about his music. If it wasn't perfect we weren't hearing it. Surly you all don't want something unfinished and half-assed from Michael am i wrong? Maybe i am and that's fine But me, I'd want something that was perfect the way Michael intended us to hear it.

Don't judge Will for answering a question honestly and from the heart. He is respecting his idol not trying to make money off of him.

Surly you all can respect that right?

Will was so excited about working with Michael and enjoyed talking about it (to an extent because he mentioned that Michael doesnt want info leaked) and after MJ died he was on his myspace talking about getting permission from the estate to release it. It appears the estate didnt give him permission and thats the reason why.

I think the estate doesnt want Will to release the music on any of Will's or BEPs albums. If its on a Michael album, Im sure it will be approved.

Dangerous Incorporated i LOOOOOVE your siggy, i think i told you so, i LOOOOVE that siggy, i cant stop laughing everytime
:rofl:

did you created it?? its wonderful hehehe

back to topic, i think these songs may be released after all, may be this is just a way to PROMOTE them. Who knows....

No I didnt it make, it was sent to me but Im glad you like it and that it makes many people laugh because the board is so sombre these days.

Back