Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
Re: Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo

I really want one! :(

I am going to get the MJ initials on my shoulder

I've always wanted to get a heart, with the initials "MJ" inside of it, on my wrist. But I'm absolutely terrified of needles! :lol: But, after seeing the great tattoos on here, I’ve been a bit inspired to do it. We'll see. ;)

Decided on the MJ logo that's in the o2 shop. I love it and its different to the one everyone gets! Can't wait. Which one are you getting Stace?

whats that?

I've thought about it. It just seems like such a big decision and I'm a bit pissed off with myself for knowing that I'll probably never bite the bullet and just do it.

How expensive are the larger ones? I'm talking about the full-on illustrations? They must be expensive, they are like works of art.

Tbh honest I dislike tattoos in general, but after June 2009, I've been considering getting one.

Some of the larger ones (i.e. portrait covering half or quarter of someone's back) would cost anything from a few hundred pounds/ dollars. And they are also multi sessions as well.

I might get this:

1463434_lg.jpg

What do you guys think??

Personally I wouldn't want 'ghosts' Michael as a tattoo as it just seems to be a reminder of his passing. I know that it isn't really, but that's how I feel.

i think u would need a top noch artist if u are gonna get that. i think it would be pretty hard to do. personally id stay away from portrait type pics as the majority ive seen are pretty poor. unless of course u get a good artist

ouch did it hurt. how much did it cost if u dont mind me asking

ouch did it hurt. how much did it cost if u dont mind me asking

The outline really hurt lol, and the colour was not great ha ha so yes all in all it hurt ha ha!! I have one on my foot and wrist and the pain was nothing compared to my neck, but then i am a wuss ha ha!

It was 70 pounds which is alot cheaper then i thought it would be!!

thanks yeah i guess its a pretty sensitive place to have it done

These are some I've seen. They are NOT mine, NONE of them. I do want one though.

bad.jpg

badsymbol.jpg

20255_236683896574_229607051574_318.jpg

20255_236683876574_229607051574_318.jpg

20255_236683991574_229607051574_318.jpg

mjjproductions.jpg

willubethere.jpg

spelt wrong :/

yrna.jpg

20255_236683921574_229607051574_318.jpg

feetwow.jpg

I love the following tattoo - I like the symbol, and think its good in that position of the shoulder, or between the shoulder blades at the top of your back.

tat.jpg

Some ideas that people gave (not me) -

18436_1187536410536_1292088155_3052.jpg

tinkshoe.jpg

name.jpg

18436_1187543370710_1292088155_3052.jpg

Last edited:

i think u would need a top noch artist if u are gonna get that. i think it would be pretty hard to do. personally id stay away from portrait type pics as the majority ive seen are pretty poor. unless of course u get a good artist

That's what I'd be scared of. But I've been impressed by a lot of the portrait-style tattoos that I've seen on this thread. But if I got it and it turned out crappy I'd be absolutely mad....

Are you going to get one Elusive??

Hears mine :) It looks really red and sore because it is ha ha!!! I love it though cant wait to see it all healed!! :bounce:

25svno5.jpg

That's really cool. How long did it take?? Did it hurt? I wouldn't mind one like that. I think I'd get the red stripes down the trouser-leg too.

That's really cool. How long did it take?? Did it hurt? I wouldn't mind one like that. I think I'd get the red stripes down the trouser-leg too.

It really hurt lol i decided i wanted white strips instead of red lol, just my own personal preference! It took about an hour and ten minutes!! The pain was worth it! :) But it might not have hurt someone else my pain threshold is very low lol!!

That's what I'd be scared of. But I've been impressed by a lot of the portrait-style tattoos that I've seen on this thread. But if I got it and it turned out crappy I'd be absolutely mad....

Are you going to get one Elusive??

ive been wanting to get one for ages printed out what i want (the mjj producions logo even stuck it on my leg to see what it looks like lol) with maybe forever the king written around it. but im not sure if it will fit on my leg where i want it. im really indecisive and worry about it not looking great. basically scared bleepless about getting it lol the tattoo shop is only 5 mins walk from my house aswell and seems decent from what ive seen of ppl i know who had got stuff done there. im just not brave enough to actually go there and ask if they can do it for me. want to do it b4 i go away on holiday though as ppl will only see it when im on hols etc. i wish they did those tatts where they last a couple of years or so so u can see if u like it or not

Danielle that's so awesome! I love it! :D

Rockin I love some of the ones you posted. I'm so eager to get one! :bugeyed

Hears mine :) It looks really red and sore because it is ha ha!!! I love it though cant wait to see it all healed!! :bounce:

25svno5.jpg

Omg - Danielle thats so cool!!!
Love it hun, I bet that hurt??? How long did it take??!!

These are some I've seen. They are NOT mine, NONE of them. I do want one though.

bad.jpg

badsymbol.jpg

20255_236683896574_229607051574_318.jpg

20255_236683876574_229607051574_318.jpg

20255_236683991574_229607051574_318.jpg

mjjproductions.jpg

willubethere.jpg

spelt wrong :/

yrna.jpg

20255_236683921574_229607051574_318.jpg

feetwow.jpg

I love the following tattoo - I like the symbol, and think its good in that position of the shoulder, or between the shoulder blades at the top of your back.

tat.jpg

Some ideas that people gave (not me) -

18436_1187536410536_1292088155_3052.jpg

tinkshoe.jpg

name.jpg

18436_1187543370710_1292088155_3052.jpg

Thanks for posting this, some great ideas - This has really helped inspire me to design mine - thank you :hug:
:D
Becca

xxx

Danielle that's so awesome! I love it! :D

Rockin I love some of the ones you posted. I'm so eager to get one! :bugeyed

Thank you hun i love it to :heart:

Omg - Danielle thats so cool!!!
Love it hun, I bet that hurt??? How long did it take??!!
Thanks for posting this, some great ideas - This has really helped inspire me to design mine - thank you :hug:
:D
Becca

xxx

Thanks Becca yeah it really hurt lol, so worth the pain though, was quite emotional when i was having it done and it had finished, :cry: It took about an hour and ten minutes :)

Thanks Becca yeah it really hurt lol, so worth the pain though, was quite emotional when i was having it done and it had finished, :cry: It took about an hour and ten minutes :)

Aww, well done hun, you're so brave!
I'm such a wimp, but I'm so determined to get mine, just have to be inspired to design one right for me and decide where to have it.
But lets face it, like you said, worth the pain, and no measure compared to the emotional pain we've all delt with anyway.

Promise to post a piccie again when its healed a bit yeah?!!

B xxx :hug:

Aww, well done hun, you're so brave!
I'm such a wimp, but I'm so determined to get mine, just have to be inspired to design one right for me and decide where to have it.
But lets face it, like you said, worth the pain, and no measure compared to the emotional pain we've all delt with anyway.

Promise to post a piccie again when its healed a bit yeah?!!

B xxx :hug:

I will do sweets!! :) Also just a heads up they dont hurt on your wrist or ankle/feet ha ha!! If u were thinking about having one there!! Just trying to make it easier for ya!!! :)

Back