True Love....thoughts??

You can't create magic and will never find true love unless you are happy and at peace with yourself first.

OK, I am happy and at peace finally, now what? lol Should I expect a knock on the door soon? :p just teasing.

I asked this question in another post but wanted to also post it here.:)

Have any of you envisioned what your true love would be like? Have you always had a specific type of person in mind? Someone with certain qualities, morals, values, creative, smart, etc...Do you think they need to be your identical match or close to it in most ways or should both bring something different to the relationship so that you can learn off each other? Do you not think of these things and just believe that when the time comes fate will bring that person to you and you'll just know?

Hmm....have I envisioned it? Sometimes, but I try not to dwell on it becuz you never know if what you picture is your conscious mind or not. What you envision and what's actually to be could be two different things and then you end up disappointed. So I try to stay open about it.

Funny you should mention this becuz I saw the movie Enchanted recently and it was sorta kinda on this subject and it made me think a bit. Good movie, btw.

I don't think my "true love" has to be identical to me in everything but I do think things will run more smoothly if we at least agree on the fundamentals....the things that are most important to us morally, etc. I think once that's covered and agreed upon, everything else can be as different or varied as possible. And altho I think it would be nice to have someone who was sorta/kinda like my twin (a Kindred spirit) I think it would be awesome if my "twin" was also a bit different than me in some ways and vice versa so that we can teach each other new things. Or we have something to share with each other that one hasn't experienced before.

I believe sometimes differences make things exciting and interesting...even if it's something completely the opposite of me. As long as those differences are tolerable and not an extreme, I think that would be okay. Crossing swords over little things would be fine by me. Little things can be worked out and compromised. I just never want to have to cross swords over the fundamentals. I think that's where a lot of ppl go wrong. They compromise on their fundamentals for the sake of having someone in their lives and then later on they decide they no longer want to compromise...and then it becomes a problem...which generally leads to divorce, etc. Had they stuck to their fundamentals from the beginning, they would have saved themselves a lot of time and heartache, i think.

And I think sometimes you do know when you meet someone or you're talking to them whether they fit the profile of your true love or not. I know instantly whether someone has "potential" to be that one or not when I see them interact or speak or whatever...and as time goes on and I learn more about them, they either start falling out of potential or falling deeper into it. The problem tho is whether YOU fit their profile. Sometimes the answer is no....so even tho they fit the bill for you, you don't fit the bill for them, which means, they weren't the one. And you have to accept it and move on.

My ex is pretty much at the top of my "potential" list, however, we've had one...just ONE...major fundamential issue for the past 6 years. We have no chemistry anymore...at least on my side. Everything else is nearly perfect...unfortunately. He's amazing, everything I could imagine...but there's no heat. :lol: So he's more like a best friend to me now. However, if someday his pheromones awake something within me again...it's going to be on like popcorn...if he's still single, of course. :lol: and IF I haven't already found the one who fits "true love" status 100% and more.

Reactions: Pua
true love = stargirl + michael :blush:

lol...wait...mayyybe that leans more on the unrequited side hehe...
oh well...unrequited love is the one that lasts the longest anyway :lol:

Last edited:
^^ Unrequited love is a terrible thing. :lol: If it's unrequited, tis definitely not true.

true love ? meh ..i'd rather go to the pub :dance:
nah ..:lol: .....its ok if your lucky enough to find it i think .

Last edited:
^^ Unrequited love is a terrible thing. :lol: If it's unrequited, tis definitely not true.

heyyy... unrequited love may be a terrible thing... but its also something that exists EVERYYYWHERE!!!

and of course it's true...just not from both sides.... hehe ;)

True Love is an Unselfish love

True Love is when you can not tell the difference of when you end
and your partner begin (because you are 1)

True love? Nah. I never want to ever feel that kind of love for another person again.

I think true love is trust :blush:

If there's no trust there can't be true love...never.

It just creates drama and more chaos. :worried: You must start w/trust :give_heart:

True Love is an Unselfish love

True Love is when you can not tell the difference of when you end
and your partner begin (because you are 1)
This is beautufil :yes:

True love? Nah. I never want to ever feel that kind of love for another person again.

Aww. i know how you feel babe , :better:

I think true love is trust :blush:

If there's no trust there can't be true love...never.

It just creates drama and more chaos. :worried: You must start w/trust :give_heart:
i love this sis , you make it sound so easy :D

love to me , is compppppppppppppppppppplicated :yes::ph34r: *wheresmypoooooehyysmiley* lol

True love = warm, happy, peace, safe, comfort, unconditional, selfless, requited, sincere, real, strong, never ending, trust, care, gentle, passion, caress, hold, embrace, kiss, excite, calm, butterflies, knowing, true, forever, bliss, strong, loyal, upright, honest, understood, accepted, loved, beloved, adore, cherish, tingle, smile, touch, listen, talk, remember, hold close, friend, best friend, forgive, freedom, together, positive, bold, beautiful, brilliant, open, giving, lovely, heaven, divine, always, growth, renewed, support, close, one, we, us, radiant, reach out, enjoy, empathy, tender, profound, intimate, deep, affection, devotion, precious, sweet, romantic, thoughtful, giving, mutual, blessing, God given...and on and on and on...

True love = warm, happy, peace, safe, comfort, unconditional, selfless, requited, sincere, real, strong, never ending, trust, care, gentle, passion, caress, hold, embrace, kiss, excite, calm, butterflies, knowing, true, forever, bliss, strong, loyal, upright, honest, understood, accepted, loved, beloved, adore, cherish, tingle, smile, touch, listen, talk, remember, hold close, friend, best friend, forgive, freedom, together, positive, bold, beautiful, brilliant, open, giving, lovely, heaven, divine, always, growth, renewed, support, close, one, we, us, radiant, reach out, enjoy, empathy, tender, profound, intimate, deep, affection, devotion, precious, sweet, romantic, thoughtful, giving, mutual, blessing, God given...and on and on and on...

:bugeyed angel :agree: thats one heck of a beautiful arrangement of words ...:mello: took the words out of my mouth *grins*

poohy and squiffy ~thats my input :D

ok , leaves sweet thread .:wild:

True love is pure and natural, not forced.

Twooo wuv is a bwootifow fing. It shines wike a wainbow up in va bwoo sky:yes:

wike a wainbow :yes: *finks hawd to wemembow if bwoo is in a wainbow*

Back