UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute ~ Youtube video on pg.9

Re: UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute comes out May 13, 2008 @ 9/8c PM

Michael Jackson got a tribute performance on DWTS. Everybody loves MJ. That is enough for me. Thank god almighty. It was about MJ's music and dance and not tabloid stories.
I agree. I liked it. I do not expect Omarion to be Michael. That is stupid within itself. It was a tribute and not a "take Michael Jackson place".

Re: UPDATE: Dancing W/ the Stars Thriller Tribute comes out May 13, 2008 @ 9/8c PM

I enjoyed it.

To tell you the truth, nevermind the performance, I got EXCITED everytime the announcer said Michael Jackson's name. LOL!

*Sigh*

WTF?

I am gonna be honest because I just cannot take it anymore.

What the eff was that last night? The dancers were awesome but WHY was Omarion even on there? He was TERRIBLE! I mean, they could have gotten anyone to do what he did. Better yet, they could have just have the dancers and leave it at that. Why did O even sing? He was terrible. He destroyed both "Thriller" and "Billie Jean". I understand that MJ deserved a tribute, but not this kind of tribute. It was a joke and I "waited" for nothing. I felt that O made a mockery of MJ.

I actually liked that :)

I actually liked that :)
Me too.
I just want to say that I often search Utube, looking for people singing and dancing to MJ's music. I esp love when they sing the songs themselves. I was very saddened when I heard one young man who wanted to sing an MJ song for his sister as it was her birthday and she was a fan. He begged the fans not to be hard on him if he doesn't sing it like MJ, cause he was a fan too.
I think some MJ fans can be very harsh.
I watched MJ enjoying the tributes that fans do for him. I think he would have loved the Omarion tribute.

Was great! Omarion just got a new fan. Stop hating on here, its really childish, nothing anyone does seems to be good enough.

Greedy for months until it happens and then y'all call it a let down. I would like to see any of you guys do a better job than he did. At least he is doing something constructive for Michael, rather than hating on a MJ fan message board. Grow up.

i would usually echo what you're ranting on about mate, but you have to face it - Omarion was (well) below average in this live performance.

Was great! Omarion just got a new fan. Stop hating on here, its really childish, nothing anyone does seems to be good enough.

Greedy for months until it happens and then y'all call it a let down. I would like to see any of you guys do a better job than he did. At least he is doing something constructive for Michael, rather than hating on a MJ fan message board. Grow up.

AMEN! Finally someone with a working brain in their head posts something!

Omarions dancing was not what made me like the performance.. Its the fact they did it on a pretty popular show...

the fact they did it... is what I liked.

Omarions dancing was not what made me like the performance.. Its the fact they did it on a pretty popular show...

the fact they did it... is what I liked.

Co-Sign! The fact that they put Mike's music in the spotlight on a very popular program, is what was appealing to me.

AMEN! Finally someone with a working brain in their head posts something!
or just low standards
f_cheers.gif

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
I hope Omarion feel damn proud of himself and I hope MJ calls him.:D

Glad they paid tribute to MJ on DWTS FINALLY!

Omarion's singing, I would give him a C.
The dancing I woud give a B+.
DWTS paying tribute A+ :)

I have mixed feelings about this.
Firstly Im very happy that DWTS played a tribute to Michael and felt that overall they did a good job.
I did enjoy it, however, it does bring it home to me just how wonderful Michael is, he is irreplacable.

Agreed!
I friggin loved it. I loved that Omarion made it his own with a different coreography and without loosing the classic MJ steps. It was very brave of him to go on TV and completely change the classic routines, so not CB of his. He deserves a big round of applause as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed!
I friggin loved it. I loved that Omarion made it his own with a different coreography and without loosing the classic MJ steps. It was very brave of him to go on TV and completely change the classic routines, so not CB of his. He deserves a big round of applause as far as I'm concerned.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::D

hater? realist? whatever you are, its an opinion. nothing more. i thought Chris was awesome on the WMA doing Thriller.

Gee, really? I didn't know that!

I thought his performance was rancid and I'll say so if I feel like it.

Last edited:
The darn fact of the matter is that performance tribute to Thriller was CRAP!!!! I was watching it and kept hearing Simon Cowell in my ear saying.... 'karaoke at best!' Omarion completely disappoints, the person that was singing at the beginning just had me goin', huh???? and I was'nt at all impressed by the choreography in parts by Travis Payne.

If you're gonna do a tribute to one of the greatest entertainers of all time, then at least spend some quality time to get the darn thing right!

That's my opinion and nobody is gonna tell me otherwise!

Last edited:
The darn fact of the matter is that performance tribute to Thriller was CRAP!!!! I was watching it and kept hearing Simon Cowell in my ear saying.... 'karaoke at best!' Omarion completely disappoints, the person that was singing at the beginning just had me goin', huh???? and I was'nt at all impressed by the choreography in parts by Travis Payne.

If you're gonna do a tribute to one of the greatest entertainers of all time, then at least spend some quality time to get the darn thing right!

:clap: :clap:

yes!!! agreed!!

Hey...I liked it, at least it was positive! The dancing was fun and cool and the whole performance had a great uplifting vibe. The singing..well...I wasn't expecting great singing and cringed a little at parts of WBSS lol But overall it was very good to have this on DWTS a major plus for Mike.

...but also makes me miss Mike even more and realize just how good MJ has spoiled us..

That's what I'm saying. It makes you realize how good Michael really is. It's easy to forget, until you see someone do his steps or sing his songs.

Well the singing was not terribly impressive, (saying it nicely lol) but meh, I enjoyed it too. But then I like it when anyone pays tribute to MJ. lol Why not.

It's nice to see more positive MJ-related stuff going on, even if it's not the greatest performance.

So no one should bother paying respect to Michael with decent enough tributes like Omarian's, because they cannot move with the precision he possesses?

Did I say that? I don't think so. I said it was nice of Omarion to do it. I was just criticing it and pointing out at the same time why Michael is special. I don't mind the tribute being performed. But that doesn't mean I have to pretend I liked it just because it was respectful. I thought it sucked, the performace sucked, though the gesture was nice, and I said that.

Greedy for months until it happens and then y'all call it a let down. I would like to see any of you guys do a better job than he did. At least he is doing something constructive for Michael, rather than hating on a MJ fan message board. Grow up

Reality check - I was not hating on Omarion. I actually like the guy. However, he should have never sang "BJ" or "Thriller". He sounded terrible and his dancing of MJ was not that great. That is how I feel about the whole thing. I was happy that a tribute for MJ happened on one of my favorite tv shows, but I felt it could have been better. As for me doing a better job that he did - you have a point. I do not dance. However, that does not mean that I can't have an opinion about it.

It's nice to see more positive MJ-related stuff going on, even if it's not the greatest performance

That I can def. agree with.

I have to agree with that. Omarion is a very good dancer, I think a better dancer than Chris Brown. I was really hoping that he would sharpen up his skills and try to do some kind of justice to the dance moves. However, it was not good.

Well the singing was not terribly impressive, (saying it nicely lol) but meh, I enjoyed it too. But then I like it when anyone pays tribute to MJ. lol Why not.

It's nice to see more positive MJ-related stuff going on, even if it's not the greatest performance.
Me too, I have the greatest fun listening to other artists doing MJ. I am always searching them out in utube, I also love the way the audiences respond to them.:D

I thought it was ok for what it was. Of course its never going to be like MJ but it was cool.

i enjoyed it, simply because it happened.

and a pattern seems to be continuing...any contestant that has performed Michael Jackson music has tended to win these reality tv competitions...

the last two standing contestants include the figure skater and the guy with the injury who performed a MJ routine.

Last edited:
Back