UPDATE (post #86): Jackson Kids Brush By Store Selling Photos Of Them Grieving ~Merged~

Sirena

Proud Member
EXCLUSIVE:JacksonKidsBrushByStoreSellingPhotosOfThemGrieving

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 @ 10:38AM print it send it
WIDEYEMJKids1_0.jpg

Michael Jackson's children Paris and Prince Michael, on a recent Universal Studios trip, were seen browsing near Universal CityWalk's Magnet Max store, which sells sad photos of them and brother Blanket mourning at their father’s Staples Center memorial for $1.99 a pop, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Paris and Prince were spotted at the Hollywood theme park on a trip with their father's longtime friend, Elizabeth Taylor, for the Halloween Horror Nights show.
PHOTOS: Pictures Of Grieving Jackson Children Sold At Store

A guest in the shop described how mortified they were by the surreal situation.

“After I saw them, I walked into a store which sells things like T-shirts and magnets and pictures of stars as souvenirs," the guest told us. "I couldn’t believe it when I saw photos of the children grieving at the memorial service for]sale[with other pictures of stars. Sure, tourists often buy pictures of icons like Marilyn Monroe or other movie stars, but they’re of them in their prime."

VIDEO: Jackson Brothers Talk About Michael's Death; Jackie Heard News From TV

The guest continued in a rant that, we can safely say, speaks for the masses.

“These are pictures of children’s grief. Who in their right mind would buy them as a souvenir? It’s sick. I only hope the children didn’t go into the store and see them. It’s awful to think their sadness is being exploited like that for a couple of dollars.”

UPDATE: Thanks to MJJLaugh - who provided a link to report your disdain regarding the exploitation of children who lost a father. Children who were photographed during their father's memorial for PROFIT.

Here is the link:
http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/vi_feedback.html

UPDATE #2:

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!! They removed the picture!!!
Quote:
RE: USH Feedback Form

Wed, December 23, 2009 4:58:51 PMFrom:Guest Relations USH (NBC Universal)
Add to ContactsTo:Sirena

Hello Sirena,

Thank you for contacting us.

We regret that a photograph of questionable taste was made available for sale at one of the stores on our property. Although the retail outlet in question is one of over 60 separately owned businesses renting space from our company, we have urged the store's management to remove the photograph from their inventory and we're pleased to inform you that they have complied with that request.

We appreciate your concern in this matter.

Sincerely,

Dustin
Guest Relations Correspondent
Universal Studios Hollywood

Last edited:
Re: Jackson Kids Brush By Store Selling Photos Of Them Grieving

Heinous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aslong as they didnt go in and see it. even though its horrible its kinda grasping for a story

KFHSADJKFHSAFHA wtf is wrong with people!? :no: Why would people try to sell ANY pics of Mike's kids as a "souvenir"!?!! :angry:

What the hell is wrong with this store?! What kind of sick, twisted person would sell such photos!

Michael, I'm so sorry that these people are making money off of your angels! Something will be done about it! Count on it!

:scratch: I wonder who though this up. Like 'Ok, well sell some pictures from 'The Dark Knight' and some of a young Michael Jackson. Hey! Let's add some of his grieving kids!' :no:

I hope the kids didn't see the photos. You can see there is a picture of Mike as a young boy on the left in a red shirt and brown hat.

. You can see there is a picture of Mike as a young boy on the left in a red shirt and brown hat.
didnt notice that and one of mj right at the bottom aswell

How sad :( !

I dont even know what to say I am that shocked that someone would stoop so low. Selling pictures of grieving kids, its just despicable.

what the fudge?
that is soooo disgusting! man ppl will do nething to make money off a dead person .. sad

:bugeyed That's messed up.

:scratch: I wonder who though this up. Like 'Ok, well sell some pictures from 'The Dark Knight' and some of a young Michael Jackson. Hey! Let's add some of his grieving kids!' :no:

Seriously.

They probably paid for right to the photos, but still it doesn't make it right. If they wanted to use an MJ related photo, they have thousands of photos that they can buy online from Wireimage ,Getty and all the like.

Seriously does anyone know if this is aloud like is it not against the law??

As long as they pay for the rights to the photo which I explain above. It's not. :( Still it's shameful for them to do that.

Siiiigh* That is 'wrong' is so many ways, I don't know where to start. So I won't..

Seriously does anyone know if this is aloud like is it not against the law??
Guess if they payed for the rights it's legal. Though it all starts with the photographer....quite sad. :doh:

I don't understand that news though....so they walked by that store or something?
Hope they didn't see it indeed....damn. Just plain disgusting.

They probably paid for right to the photos, but still it doesn't make it right. If they wanted to use an MJ related photo, they have thousands of photos that they can buy online from Wireimage ,Getty and all the like.

As long as they pay for the rights to the photo which I explain above. It's not. :( Still it's shameful for them to do that.

Guess if they payed for the rights it's legal. Though it all starts with the photographer....quite sad. :doh:

I don't understand that news though....so they walked by that store or something?
Hope they didn't see it indeed....damn. Just plain disgusting.

Thank you for clearing that up guys its just so wrong!! :no:

OMG :doh:

this is really messed up, and im shocked the kids came across this.

this is such a shame.. poor children :angel:

THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!!

Those shop owners arent even human! :angry:

This is just so sad that the media is now taking cheap shots at Michael's children.....again ..people will do anything for money...I hope the kids didn't actually see it...:(

it's official. nothing can surprise me in this world anymore.

This sickens me.

I pray for the children's future.

I wish they would just leave Michael's children alone. They aren't celebrities :(

Hold on, what r they doing with pictures like that anyway?? Who wants a picture of them grieving?! See, that's why Michael was so against over-exposing his children during his life. they aren't celebrities, just his kids. I guess these people figured out that since Michael's long gone, they now have a right to do this. *rolls eyes*

it is official in the sense that Universal owns the TV company that aired the memorial..

however it still raises moral questions hence it would need to be addressed and preferably withdrawn from sale

Back