Which singers do you not like

Re: Which singers do you hate

Spears' success can only be attributed to her image (or what it once was) and her producers/PR/execs. if you want to talk about talent, i'd leave her out.

Spears' success can only be attributed to her image (or what it once was) and her producers/PR/execs. if you want to talk about talent, i'd leave her out.
I don't think Britney is what I would consider talented either.
She's an ok dancer but that's as far as it goes. Her voice is so-so.

I class her music as throwaway pop. Good while it lasts but quickly becomes stale a few days later.

Last edited:

I dont like Madonna much either, shes overrated shes one of those acts that wouldnt of had made it if it were not for the music video in my opinion.

The main reason why I hate Amy Winehouse because she is an alcoholic and a drug addict. And I hate people who do that. Plus her voice is so freaking annoying. Especially her song Rehab. OMG do I hate that song of hers.

Last edited:

And I don't like Madonna either...

Last edited by a moderator:

Not in a particular order, because I'm too lazy today, but here goes:

Britney
Amy (the winehouse, of course)
Akon
B.E.P.
Justin Timberfake
Fergie
Eminem

And all those "fancy new hip-hoppers" that I don't bother to learn their names.

Too much hatred, people, is poisoning your blood. Keep that in mind. The question can be formulated healthier: "What kind of singers you don't like / don't like listening to"? You equate being a singer with the person, and that's just pure overgeneralisation. You can say you don't like their person either, but when hatred is involved, especially since you never met any of those people personally, this is very serious..

The main reason why I hate Amy Winehouse because she is an alcoholic and a drug addict. And I hate people who do that. Plus her voice is so freaking annoying. Especially her song Rehab. OMG do I hate that song of hers.

Thats why i hate her aswell :lol:

rappers are not singers guys!!!!!! their rappers.

fergie , rhianna, usher, timberlake.

Fallout Boy's Patrick Stump's voice really annoys.

When I saw the word "hate", I was turned off. LOL. That word should be banned from this board. After the hate we saw when we were supporting Mike during the trial, it would be best not to use that same kind of behavior towards others. You do not have to like the person, but hate - come on.

Now, I am going to list the artists that I can think of and explain why.

1. Britney Spears (Now, I feel sorry for the woman regarding her serious issues. There is no reason for me to dislike someone who is not well. Regarding her music, I cannot stand her music. When I was in high school, I disliked her so much that when I found out that she and Justin Timberlake [I had a MAJOR love thing for him at that time!] were a couple I was LIVID! LIVID! Her music is terrible. I like like three songs, but that was it.

Janet (I was a fan of hers when I was a child. I wanted to look like Janet. I dislike her because her music is just not what it use to be. Too many sex songs, too many comments about her brother and too many people giving her props for nothing. I mean, the only reason she is even relevant is because she is not her brother and she is a black version of Madonna. [Oh, I went there.])

Mariah (I was also a fan of hers back in the day. These days, the songs she makes turns me off. What also turns me off is her diva like behavior. Blah.)

Barbara Steinstend (Just boring. I donot like ANY of her songs. She makes me sleep.)

All of these rappers that rap about -about nothing. That is Lil Wayne, Souja Boy, Baby (WTF would a grown ass man name himself baby? Sometimes I wonder why the media trashes MJ.) Cash money clique, Dipset clique, any rapper that supports no snitching. I mean, I can keep on going.

R. Kelly (Why is he not in jail? This man's whole career is all about making nasty songs about sex and marrying minors. He made a few songs that I actually like, but he is not a genius to me, he is a nasty, sex obsessed version of Marvin Gaye and he bothers me a lot. I would not put this man near my 20 year old sister.)

Akon (Might be a nice guy but his music is terrible. One of his songs is called "I Wanna Eff You". Why sing a song like this? Where is the respect? I can't judge him on his producing game because I have not heard any songs that he has produced but I am just not a fan. People say that his voice is different - yeah and it is also pretty bad as well.

Beyonce (OMG!! She should have been the first one on my list! LOL. This woman irks me. What do people see in her? What is so great about her? I noticed that a lot of MJ fans like her - why? She is corny and her voice - she SCREAMS! UGH! She is a wannabe Tina Turner with a played out lacefront! LOL. I can't stand her. )

Fergie (Her songs are alright, but like someone said, she is too old to be singing the songs that she is singing. She is an alright singer but that is about it.)

That is all I can think of.

Britney Spears... Oops, my bad, this thread was about "singers."

Well, she was able to sing when she appeared on "Star Search" although I don't know what to call her today. A celebrity? She is as much a singer as Paris Hilton, whom I cannot stand, either.

Lets change the topic of this thread to "Worlds Most Annoying and No-Talent Singers"...

1.) LMP - Total NON-singer. Can't believe some of you actually bought some of her stuff.
2.) Macy Gray - she really irritates me to no end.
3.) Akon - enuf said.
4.) Amy Winehouse - ok she sings ok...she is annoying because she is CONSISTENTLY behind the beat in "Rehab"..
5.) Fergie - She's a good singer, but the latest slow song really annoys the hell out of me.
6.) Gwen Stefani
7.) Sting
8.) Mariah Carey
9.) Britney Spears
10.) LMP - Oops...did I mention her already??

Based on the answer in this thread, it seems like Timberlake,Akon and Winehouse seem to be the most hated artists on this site. Poor thangs lol.

As for singers I hate, or rather can't stand, I think there's too many to name, lol. Chris Brown's voice is absolutely disgusting, in my view. Justin Timberlake, when he sings falsetto especially, I don't think I've EVER heard a more annoying falsetto. Damn, just about everyone from the last 7 or 8 years, I think I loath, lol.

And Britney Spears can't sing, lol. I've seen those clips of when she was a kid, and basically, just like every other kid with some sembelance of a voice, she belted her songs and had very little control. She doesn't have the worst voice, but I wouldn't say she was actually talented either.

Last edited:

Oh, and Jesse McCartney is a pretty annoying singer too. You know, "in my opinion."

I don't like
Madonna
Akon
Rolling Stones (all of them)
and Macca

I don't hate any singers but there are some whose voice when you hear it, you'll feel like pulling out your hair in disgust.

Last edited:

Bono, i really can't stand him!!
Ricky MArtin, can't bare him!!
Rihanna

I'm not going to answer this?Why cause it's negitive and I 'm trying to be more positive this year.

Yeah I don't like Bono either. He is way to egocentric and just makes me not even like his voice that much.

Ok everyone hates a singer who is it?. for me i have to pic Amy Winehouse i really really hate her and if i see her i'd probably punch her :lol: shes such a disgrase to music sorry if that sounds harsh but i really dislike her
I change the title of this thread because while there are artists who peeps don't like, we at MJJC aren't in the business of hating on artists just because. So as I review this thread, I hope to see that the critiques are on point because if not, they will be cleaned out.

On edit: This thread had to be cleaned. If you are thin-skinned, you may want to stay out of this thread. All off topic, member disrespectful and the calling of peeps 'hos', 'bitches', 'crackheads' and 'tees' has been removed. Remember, this is a thread about who peeps don't like as artists for whatever reason. Peeps need not defend their dislike and peeps need not bother trying to defend the peeps who others dislike. That is what the threads for celebrating the artists you LIKE is for.

Last edited:
Janet jackson. :mad:I really do not get her at all. I have tried listening to her music and even buying video to see her acting, but there is something about her that just doesn't sit well with me. I find her too contrived, artificial, almost as if she is continually acting. She gives me the same feeling that Victoria Beckham gives me. I might go buy this latest album to see if I will change my mind about her. I love all members of the Jackson family, but janet is the one that urks me the most.:punk:

^ even with Velvet Rope and Rhythm Nation? i consider those masterpieces and even though i share a popular opinion on her mediocre vocals, in no way could these albums be reproduced with anyone else but Janet.

Last edited:
^ even with Velvet Rope and Rhythm Nation? i consider those masterpieces and even though i share a popular opinion on her mediocre vocals, in no way could these albums be reproduced with anyone else but Janet.
The first time I really heard Janet sing was in Scream, and I really didn't like it. But I have searched the web and have listen to her songs, there is one that I really liked, that one where she sings something about 'looking back at me. it is a very pretty song, but on the whole, her songs are really too weak for me. I hear more background beats and Janet mumblings and I get irritated. I sure don't want her to be moaning and groaning on my records, so I wouldn't appreciate her sex songs.
I like people like Tracy Chapman, and even Whitney Huston who sing with a passion and whose lyrics are meaningful and uplifting.
I watched one of Janets concert performance and was completely shocked when she invited a young man on the stage and proceeded to tie him up and climb all over him. To me that is the lowest form of entertainment and I was surprised that Janet was doing that. No not my favourite entertainer.:)

Back