You Are Not Alone

Well I will chat with friends on the internet but its so different from seeing them and spending time with them. :( I love my friends a lot.

At least i'll come back to England eventually. And while i'm in Aus I can enjoy the sun and meet new people, so i'm trying to think of it as a very long holiday!

xx

got an expat here, Brit in the Netherlands, anywho, i do not identify with the friend bit cause i have never been good at socializing, but yo Will make new friends and you wont lose your old ones if your relationship is strong enough.

I feel so sad, I need to stop all contact with my friend who use to be my boyfriend we were really close. Things got out of hand and now I need to forget about him, I am so depressed I don't know how to get out of it.

I'm feeling a bit low at the moment too. Got Fibromyalgia, Dsypraxia, severe Discalculia, scolosis and am feeling fed up esp since I hit 30. I have a part-time job that I love, lovely parents, lovely home but just want someone more. Not to be ill.

what now? Gutted and totally almost totally finished off............:-(
Too tired to fight........WHY WHY did Murray give it to MJ? :-( even though Michael demanded it.......a qualified doc shouldnt have given it and then go chat on the F in god damn phone. :-(

what now? Gutted and totally almost totally finished off............:-(
Too tired to fight........WHY WHY did Murray give it to MJ? :-( even though Michael demanded it.......a qualified doc shouldnt have given it and then go chat on the F in god damn phone. :-(

Billie_Jean09, hugs my friend. Love ya!

I feel like I'm trapped within myself. I wish I was more outgoing, had more confidence, wasn't so shy. :( It makes everything so unnecessarily hard, and that's the worst bit, I know it's unnecessary. :cry:

Don't feel bad about being shy StaceyMJ - off stage, Michael was shy too!

maybe you could find something to express yourself, it might help you come out of your shell! I am shy too, tend to be quiet all the time and hate having attention on myself. But the more you believe in yourself and the more you accept who you are, the happier you will be :)

My discalculia is really getting me down. I'm crying over my math homework, for Pete's sake!! I'm taking Algebra 2 (again) and I'm in college. I feel really embarrassed to ask questions in class because I never fully grasp the concept and understand it. And it makes me feel bad when people can't help me. I feel bad, but some great people in my life say that I can't help it and I shouldn't feel bad because it's not my fault. Yet I feel like it is. :(

^ DONT WORRY ABOUT IT MAN THINGS WILL LUCK UP FOR YOU LOVE. JUST HANG IN THERE MY COUSIN HAS discalculia AND HE STRUGGLED AT FIRST BUT HE MADE IT THROUGH. AFTER EVERY DARK NIGHT THERE IS A BRIGHTER DAY MY FRIENDS. HUGS THINGS WILL GET BETTER

Last edited:
Don't feel bad about being shy StaceyMJ - off stage, Michael was shy too!

maybe you could find something to express yourself, it might help you come out of your shell! I am shy too, tend to be quiet all the time and hate having attention on myself. But the more you believe in yourself and the more you accept who you are, the happier you will be :)

I've only just seen this, thankyou for your kind words! I know Michael was shy, but he seems adorable with it, on me I just think it's lame! It's a battle with myself that sometimes I think I'm winning and sometimes I think I'm losing. I'm sure there are many people that can relate to this though, just got to get on with things the best we can after all! :better:

This is my very first post. And I already found the smiley buttons. :tongue:

Well where to begin... I started a new job last Monday. It's very different to any job I've done before, and it's quite difficult too. Thought I'd see if anyone else has recently started a new job/school term etc? Im just very stressed honestly ?

It's strange to read the thread - started in 2008, then suddenly June 2009 and Everything changed. Then a post 2017 and 2018.

2009 was the worst year of my life for many reasons. It broke me in some ways and maybe fixed me in others. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since. Not just MJ but also Personal and family related traumas all together within a month.

That year is still haunting me. It's 3am, I am awake with anxiety and can't talk to anyone.

It's great to know that the MJJ community still exists after all this time. Thanks for being here.

It's strange to read the thread - started in 2008, then suddenly June 2009 and Everything changed. Then a post 2017 and 2018.

2009 was the worst year of my life for many reasons. It broke me in some ways and maybe fixed me in others. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since. Not just MJ but also Personal and family related traumas all together within a month.

That year is still haunting me. It's 3am, I am awake with anxiety and can't talk to anyone.

It's great to know that the MJJ community still exists after all this time. Thanks for being here.

:cry::cry: Sorry to hear that. it seems as if sometimes tragedies come at the same time ......

Did some of you ever adopt a cat from southern Europe / Spain? Just had a heartbreaking experience with this. Basically, it turned out my cat (I had him only ten weeks) - a former stray - was suffering from living in a flat with large balcony. So with a heavy heart I decided to have him replaced early to someone with more space and a garden.

What happened? Cat was basically snatched away from me (that is how I feel) and I did not receive any info about the new home, etc. I had him only ten weeks but it was MY cat. I cared for this kitty a lot and all the proceedings of replacement were obscure and heartless (that is how I feel at this moment).

I´m worried.

Hi, New to this site, been a MJ fan for 40 years, I've been thinking about him a lot these past few weeks and the horrible things he had to go through, still can't believe MJ isn't here anymore ?, I am trying to take comfort in thinking that he is no longer in pain and is in a better place but it's not really working x

I'm new here, I have been a fan of michael for a year, and I'm proud :??:

Where to begin? Im looking for a job but in Portugal where I live its so so difficult! You almost have to be born with experience in everything! Theres a lot of tourists visiting my city (Oporto), and they think this country is amazing... But its not. Sure we have good things but to live here you have to be wealthy, otherwise its not easy. Really, my wish is to move out for another country. I just need a job thats all, but my country doesnt help anybody.
This is what I feel right now. I try to live the best I can but sometimes I break down.

DifferentKindOfLady;4273668 said:
You almost have to be born with experience in everything!

Oh yes! Same thing in Germany. They’re always looking for 25 year olds with 20 years of experience in the field, and the required skills list is long enough for 3 separate jobs. It’s frustrating. Basically, the people who are hiring have no idea what they actually need and try to hire someone who knows everything, just in case. And for cheap. That’s why they prefer young people. I was sick of that and started my own business early on and have never looked back.

What kind of work are you looking for?

ScreenOrigami;4273690 said:
Oh yes! Same thing in Germany. They’re always looking for 25 year olds with 20 years of experience in the field, and the required skills list is long enough for 3 separate jobs. It’s frustrating. Basically, the people who are hiring have no idea what they actually need and try to hire someone who knows everything, just in case. And for cheap. That’s why they prefer young people. I was sick of that and started my own business early on and have never looked back.

What kind of work are you looking for?

How is that even possible!? 25 years old with 20 years of experience? Here is the same, its a horrible horrible country. We´ve always been a poor country but with the European Union its much much worse.
I want a job in my area which is History (yeah :D), I´m graduated in History, but in Portugal there are no jobs in that area, so I´m looking in supermarkets, stores... Its hard for me to think I´ve been 5 years in University, and now I might end up in a store selling clothes.

DifferentKindOfLady;4273695 said:
How is that even possible!? 25 years old with 20 years of experience?

Well, they don’t actually say it like that, but if you add up all the experience they’re asking for, you’d have to have started out 5 years old. ;)

DifferentKindOfLady;4273695 said:
I want a job in my area which is History (yeah :D), I´m graduated in History, but in Portugal there are no jobs in that area, so I´m looking in supermarkets, stores... Its hard for me to think I´ve been 5 years in University, and now I might end up in a store selling clothes.

Oh, history, that’s super interesting! I hope you’ll find a nice job soon. :)

A friend of mine is currently in the same situation: he graduated in history and can’t find a job. He decided to go back to university to specialize in one particular field while working a half-time job in a supermarket.

I did a similar thing in my field. I specialized in a small niche subject and became an expert on that. So I did pretty much the opposite of what the job market demands. I think it’s good advice to aim at becoming this:

eisenstaedt_alfred_329_2002_449284_displaysize.jpg

instead of that:

kkxv3cqvd8az.jpg

I am a web accessibility consultant, btw., and what I do is help companies to make their websites accessible for people with disabilities.

Back