How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm 18 and I'm a real fan for about 1.5year LOL
damn, I'm such a loser! 1.5 year is rediculous!
But I have to say I always like his music and I never really 'didn't like' him I just never realised how incredibly good he was untill 1.5 year ago (damn,this is too hard to explain after I just had an English exam!)

I'm 16 years old, quite young. And I've bin a fan since I was like 5 or something :)
I became a fan because of my parents, and my big brow. He had the HIStory cd which we heard all the time, while trying to dance like MJ :D

46 years old...great admirer since (about age 7) the first time Mr.Jackson/J5 on the Ed Sullivan Show..!

I am 23 years old and been a fan since I was born. My mother told me that when they took me to Disneyland at age 1 we went to see Captain EO and thats when i became a fan. Hell I was obsessed with MJ growing up watching Moonwalker/ Thriller/ everything on him hehe.

I'm 21 and i've been a fan since the age of 13/14, so 7 or 8 years now. First became really fond of Michael after his 'Invincible' album came out, although i liked him before that too (I'd already bought HIStory book 1, and listened to it so much my younger brother hid it from me!) I can't imagine not being a fan now, but i feel like such a newbie compared to some of u guys who've been fans since...well...forever! ;)

I'm 26. I've been a fan since 1992. My first memory of Michael is from the jam video- I was mesmerized. I got the Dangerous album as a gift and listened to it every day. That's how it all started. Michael changed my life.

I'm 34 and have been a fan since I was a sperm cell :toofunny: Yes I am kidding.....

How can people be fans from day one? You don't know much until you are a toddler even then you can't say you are a fan of something someone :huh:

Anyways... I've been a fan since the early 80's :)

I'm 12 going on 13 in January.I've been a fan of Michael Jackson since I was 10,so I've only been a fan for a couple of years now.The reason why I became a Michael Jackson fan is because my Grandma had died on her birthday.I had seriously bad suicidal thoughts,so I asked my uncle for his HIStory album.So,I listened to him and I thought "Wow,where has he been all my life?"And that's why I became a Michael Jackson fan.

But I have to say I always like his music and I never really 'didn't like' him I just never realised how incredibly good he was untill 1.5 year ago (damn,this is too hard to explain after I just had an English exam!)

I can beat that, I've been for a fan for less than a year! I'm 23.

To clarify, I've been a fan of his music for less than a year. I've liked him for a while.

I'm in the third age group (18-24), fan for about 13 years.

I'm 34 and have been a fan since I was a sperm cell :toofunny: Yes I am kidding.....

How can people be fans from day one? You don't know much until you are a toddler even then you can't say you are a fan of something someone :huh:

Anyways... I've been a fan since the early 80's :)
LMAO@sperm cell..Dead________________

i m 29 yo and fan for about 16 yrs :D (it was "will you be there" song on tv charts, that's all i remember :))

Last edited:

I am 15 (december 23rd I turn 16) and I have been a fan for 4 years.
Omg, when I see people being fan for 25 years I feel small.:bugeyed lol

I'm 37yrs old and became a fan in Feb 1983 when I was 11yrs old, after seeing the Billie Jean video on Top Of The Pops (a long running UK music show) when it was No.1 in the charts. So I've been a fan for 25yrs, almost 26yrs now.

Last edited:

I'm 25 and have been a fan for less than a year. Been enjoying being a fan and am looking forward to what's to come down the road! It's gonna be a helluva journey.

Ohhh,no!!!Is wonderful!You know why?
Many ppl arent MJ's fan cuz his trial or he not lauched album anymore....
Many ppl became a fan in the good times and you became a fan after the "bad times" if you know what i mean(trial and stuffs..)
Amazing and MJ should be very happy!Cool!!:)
I admire you!:flowers:

i am 33 yrs old and have been a fan since i was 13 ,so its 20yrs.i became a fan when i seen motown25 and i fell in love with michael from there.i am more in love with him now more than ever,

I am 51 years old and I have been a fan since 1969. I was a fan before that but on June 9, 1969, my cousin gave me a TCB magazine with the Jackson 5ive and I haven't been the same since. Tito was my first love but after he got married, I fell out of love with him. I stayed a loyal fan over the years and at the age of 18, I tried to give up my obsecession but wasn't able to so 39 years later, here I am! :cheeky:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

I'm 14 and have been a fan since I was 9.... but I think I became a TRUE LOVER OF MICHAEL [ lmao :p ] since I was 13 :)

I just really got into dance and began watching his videos and stuff. then i began to find info about him and all... and i can proudly say now that I love him more than myself or anything else in this entire universe :)
*god bless him*

I guess you could call me a somewat 'new' Mj fan. I became one in December 03, and now it's December 08' so 5 years. and I knew he existed too, but he didn't catch my attention till then.

It really cool to see so many who became fans during the trial

I'm 19, almost 20 and I became a fan of MJ since I saw "Billie Jean" at the 30th Celebration, 3 years ago now! :D

Well I'm 24 and I can honestly say I believe I've been a fan all my life, I simply can't remember not loving him or his music.
Now I really got obsessed during Dangerous days, so I'd say since '91, that would make 17 years. OMG I feel so old now.

im 23 years old and i first became a fan after listening to songs like The way you make me feel and bad.
I have old home movies of me dancing to those songs and i never even saw what Michael looked like until i was given the 7 inch Man In The Mirror single on record.

I have a old school photo with all my year and im the only one wearing a MOONWALKER jumper. lol,

Not sure if admins will allow it to be uploaded due to us all being children on the photo at the time ?

I'm 19 and have been a fan for 7 years. Seven years of sticking around and only one new studio album :( and it was the album that made me interested in Michael in the first place. So technically I wasn't really a fan when it came out. I was just willing to give MJ a go. And good thing I did ey.

Well I just want to say WELCOME to all of the new MJ fans(fan for less than 10yrs)!! May you continue to dance to his beats, love the one your with when listening to his ballads, and help change the world when listening to his "Heal the World" type songs.

Back