LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little disappointed with the poll results. Why are people so cruel and judgemental? I guess that's life for you.

Lisa admitted her faults and took responsiblity for her actions. What more do people want from her? I mean seriously??? She can't change the past. Why isn't everyone more interested in her telling the world how much she loved him and what an incredible person he was? Many of you are doing to her what people did for Mike for years which is tearing her down. What do you think he'd think of that?

It's in the past. Where's the LOVE? MJ wouldn't be happy with his fans treating someone he loved like this.

Could she have done things differently? Sure. But so could Mike. She's human. He's human. When did everyone else become so fking perfect??

what do you want people to do though? You can't seriously expect people to suddenly start loving this woman who spent years making Mike look as if he wasn't human in front of the world.

Sure, she was being finally honest (mostly).... but don't forget she's only doing it, because he's dead. You know if he was here she'll still be out there with the bash fest.....

The interview is mostly self-serving...... she did it to ease her guilty conscious. I hope she can move on now.

I think people are being as understanding as they can in this situation, but don't expect them to be suddenly throwing a Lisa love fest now.

(And I'm not even going to mention the "drug addict" image she helped solidify with this interview.)

What do you guys think of this?
Oprah is the only one to blame for these bogus headlines! It was her that chose to dwell on the whole drug subject, not Lisa! Lisa only answered what was asked of her, and stupid Oprah couldn't find anything else to ask her about. Like I said before, Lisa was sooooo ready to answer anything she asked, but Oprah just wasted the time on these worthless questions. Lisa isn't the reason for these outrageous headlines, Oprah is. They wouldn't have even existed if Oprah didn't ask her those questions :(. Oh well, at least these smart @ss's are convinced that the marriage was real...that's the only positive thing that came from this video.

Lisa is responsible for her words, regardless of what questions were asked
. She could have emphasized, "I never saw Michael taking drugs." She could have said, "That's an inappropriate question," and moved on. She said that Michael's hospitalization in 1995 was due to a drug-overdose. It was NOT. That was simply not true, and that untrue statement did a lot of damage to Michael's reputation. His own doctor held a press conference, and said there were no drugs in his system. Michael was SICK! She said that Michael told her there were people who "wanted to kill him" for the ATV catalog and his estate. She said he named NAMES, but then she didn't say who they were. There is a criminal trial coming up, and two civil suits. Why NOT say what Michael told her? Why NOT?

A celebrity, such as Lisa is, knew what was possible in an interview, and she owed it to Michael to be more careful with her words. With Murray's trial coming up, this was a VERY bad time to throw him under the bus. NO TIME would have been good, but this was the worst.

Lisa is responsible for her words, regardless of what questions were asked
. She could have emphasized, "I never saw Michael taking drugs." She could have said, "That's an inappropriate question," and moved on.

Exactly. -_- Lisa should have used this opportunity to say/defend clearly and firmly the truth about Michael and she did not. The answers were confused and without objectivity. Well, now the shit is already done... :doh: patience. :(

Last edited:
So Lisa is basically saying, "MJ I'm leaving you because of all of the people you have around you. I can't stay married to you because I don't want to have to deal with helping you or being concerned with the problems in your everyday life. But, I will follow you all over the world and sleep with you even though you' re married and I am engaged."

"You see, what I want from you is something physical. It's strong enough for me to chase this physical thing, but not strong enough for me to try to help you mentally and emotionally. It's too complicated and I just don't feel like it. But, if you do not give me what I want, how I want it, I am going to tell anyone who will listen that you are a mistake and a manipulator who used me in our marriage to gain points in the public's eyes. Oh, but now that you are dead, I am going to forgive you for all that I did and paint you as a person who had a drug problem so I can make myself feel better, because really this is about you ultimately being unable to pick me over your career and give me your undivided attention. So I'm admitting my mistakes, but it is all your fault. And since you died, I figured this out and needed to forgive you. I forgive you MJ."

:smilerolleyes:

Beautifully said - thank you!!!

2ns96bs.gif

kaneklap.gif

One last thing: Can everyone please not double post. If you have something to add, and you are the last post, please edit your post.
Thanks.

at that entire interview...."i didnt see anything...well i cant say becuase i wasnt in the room"...girl pllllllllleeeease! stfu!

Daniel.San has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63 - in the Michael Jackson News forum of MJJCOMMUNITY - OFFICIAL FORUM.

This thread is located at:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97107&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by mystygrl)---
In my opinion, Lisa has reveal her true motive for doing this interview.

Oprah: "You have made a conscientious decision to talk now, why?"

Lisa: "...I was usually PROMOTING something...I wanted to sit and really have a conversation about things that are more on a personal level now out of the way before I DO have an ALBUM COMING OUT, which I will sometime next year."

Oprah: "You didn't want to be in the position of PROMOTING AN ALBUM and having people ask you about Michael Jackson".

Lisa: "Exactly".

First of all, how can someone be married to the most popular human being that has ever lived, GLOBALLY KNOWN, and NOT be questioned about the relationship? NONSENSE!!! Whenever the name, Michael Jackson is mentioned Lisa Marie will be thought of---today, tomorrow and for all eternity!

Second, whether her new album is coming out this year or next and despite anyone's opinion about her as well as what she has to say about her relationship with Michael, JOB ACCOMPLISHED!

And, what is that? By doing this interview on Oprah, she has just set the platform for huge attention to the releasing of her upcoming album! It's plain and simple, keeping her name in the media. In addition, I found out from someone that her Twitter account is now being bombarded with responses.

Wow, what perfect timing on her part! This year the world is expecting an MJ album release and she wants to give heads up about her release sometime, next year??? So, what is this interview really about? Is she in competition with her Ex or is she riding upon his fame since she was married to him? Let's be honest. The public never acknowledged Lisa Marie, in this high fashion, UNTIL she was linked with Michael. It appears that being married to Michael Jackson made Lisa Marie more famous than being the daughter of Elvis Presley.

Third, she speaks about "manipulation". But, in my opinion, with this interview, who is doing the "manipulation", now. This is a very vulnerable time for all who love Michael. People who are fond of him, especially his fans, are always open to hearing all they can about this wonderful and loving human being.

I wish I could find a very old interview from my collection where it was mentioned that SHE was the pursuer. When the first allegations erupted in Michael's life it was mentioned that Lisa kept sending him cards and balloons to get his attention. And, she succeeded! If you are wondering, yes this "old" interview was given long before she and Michael appeared on Diane Sawyer when Michael talks about how they met.

My question is: How is it you say that you are a private person but seek the attention of someone VERY public? Please give me a break!

Also, let us not forget that Lisa, HERSELF, had a drug problem. You know, all that talk in the past about her trying to save him? Well, sarcastically, I want to add that maybe it was Michael who was trying to save her, which is why her emotions for him are STRONGER than ever and will always be.

Lisa was emotionally unstable prior to marrying Michael, which in my opinion caused her to give up on him so easily. So, did she really love him? The truth rests between her and God.

But, what is love? 1 Corinthians 13:4-8: "Love is long-suffering and kind, ...does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests...Love never fails".

Based upon Lisa's actions toward Michael does she define the "love" that 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 mentions?

Last, but not least, in my opinion if TRUE love was present in the marriage, it would have never ended and even more so if the union was a godly one.
---End Quote---

This is absolutely ridiculous. Ridiculous, you say? Please do not insult my intellect!!! I can respect the fact that you disagree with what I have stated. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinon. However, I do believe it is possible to disagree by utilizing better choice of words. Don't you think? So she sat down with Oprah, talked at length about her relationship with Michael Jackson and gave a clear insight to the marriage for which (up until now) been answered very harshly or been made unclear by both herself and Michael. Clear insight? Perhaps, that's your opinion. However, if you were reae

Do you not understand the point she's making in her initial statement? Again, please do not address me with disrespect or belittle me with such an approach? She wanted to give the interview away from any album promotion. Oh I see and STILL she takes the time to mention that she has done promotions in the past and next year there will be an album. :doh: There was no link between this interview and any body of work she has planned in the future. NO LINK? Oh really??? Then, why even bother to mention that she had an album in the works at all? Did not Oprah state on her official website, the following:

FOR THE FIRST TIME: LISA MARIE PRESLEY SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE DEATH OF EX-HUSBAND MICHAEL JACKSON?

Why not drop ALL references to past promotions as well as a future music due out and simply discuss the relationship between them? :doh:
Look to other Jackson family members (most notably, Janet) and you can say the same thing about their interviews. Janet used to steer clear or try to keep Michael out of any interview she gave which was intended as a promotion for an upcoming album. My reason for coming to this thread had NOTHING to do with Janet. Janet is Michael's sister and Lisa was Michael's wife; two completely different relationships.

She would sometimes talk about Michael if asked, but would also be very blunt and attempt to get the course of the interview back on to it's supposed topic (which was her own career). Now if Janet came out, sat down with Oprah, Geraldo or ANYONE and said that this interview is purely to talk about Michael and get everything out in the open so that when it does come time for promotion of future work, the issue will be left alone, would you really question her motives? In my opinion, Janet is not the topic of this discussion. I thought the title of this thread and therefore, there is no need to respond to your question. Again, my concern is not a sister and brother matter; it's a husband and wife issue. Also, I do not place celebrities on pedestals. I am not a "yes" person to everything they may accomplish.

Don't be silly. Don't be silly? Please do not address me in such a manner. If you disagree perhaps before you speak you can take the time to better communicate whenever you are dissatisfied with what someone states. Just to add, sometimes as humans we need to take a look in the mirror and simply apply the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Last, but not least, you have your opinions and I have mine to which we are entitled. Perhaps, what can be learned is to provide constructive criticism instead of using abusive language to get one's views across.

For the record, I do not dislike Lisa. However, I am in total disagreement with some of the things she has said and done in connection with Michael.

Last edited:
The poll asked whether people's views had changed after looking at the interview. I read all the threads and it seems as I said before there are 2 major distinct camps. One group is interested in the love relationship between Lisa and MJ and felt she was not completely truthful about the relationship in the past. She opened up more and said things they felt were accurate, so that group's views about Lisa changed. Lisa is now seen as the "Widow Jackson" and "His Only True Love"

The second group is interested in Lisa opening more about Michael's innocence since she was married to him, speaking on crucial matters more "factually", and steering away from unclear narratives that can be detrimental to the pending court cases. She fell short, therefore the group's view of Lisa remained the same.

The poll did not ask people about whether they would do the same as Lisa, to give her a break, if she was honest, whether she did what another human would do, if she made a mistake, if she showed the world Michael was normal/human/needed to be loved, etc.

I think the confusion is in misinterpreting what the poll asks, and many of the "strange" comments in this thread are due to people not understanding that the point of view of these 2 major groups are different.

One thing I found out, and is only my opinion, is that many people see life very romantically. I hope I have not offended you.

EX-ACTLY!! Great job in 'drawing a picture.' I surely didn't have the patience to do it, lol. A LOT of people are confused as all HELL it seems. This should be a MANDATORY READ before anybody votes. :doh:

It hurts even more when some of us who have spent the last year and 4 months defending Michael, responding to many comments on many articles, in many forums and blogs everywhere; working hard to restore Michael's name and when it seemed that the flames of hatred for Michael had finally subsided, with just a few words from that nitwit LMP, it's all over. All the countless hours spent teaching others who Michael Jackson really was has all gone up in smoke and we're back to square one.

Off to bed. I need to go punch my pillow really hard.:angry:

Exactly. Some of us have been tireless in Michael's defense, because his children are still HERE, and because Michael deserves our very best. This is incredibly discouraging. . . .

Count yourselves lucky you haven't seen Janet last Spring interview with Oprah.

If you think LMP's interview was more damaging, or gave Murray's more ammunition...Keep thinking that.

Otherwise, the hypocrisy might be too flagrant.

I can't help but laugh at all the drama...really?? Murray's defense on a platter...?? Hmmmm last time I checked, Murray injected MJ with Propofol...Addict or not....defend THAT.

His sister, brother, father and ex-wife said he was an addict...therefore I had no choice but to shoot him with propofol. SMDH at the nonsense.

some people strive for the drama...NEXT

Last edited:
There really was no need to close the thread, it was good honest discussion about LMP and the interview she gave.

Nobody attacked Michael at all, some just chose to defend LMP (myself included) because they felt that some posters here were being irrational and overly critical. We're all MJ fans, so please don't treat those of us who took a neutral standpoint or can see a good side in LMP as trouble makers.

there's no such thing as a neutral standpoint, and your inflammatory language means you were here to start trouble. you did pick apart michael, and you used inflammatory language towards those who defended him. the thread was closed for a reason. words like 'irrational'..and so on. you don't even see it. you'll defend yourself no matter what you say.
and if you feel the need to beg people to see you as you request, then you have to take a look at that. there must be a reason. why people see you as you don't wish to be seen.

Michael's music draws the whole world, but you shouldn't have to say 'we're all mj fans'. somebody else should be able to say that about you, if it's true. you gave everybody the benefit of the doubt EXCEPT MIchael. you, questioning him about his answer concerning vitiligo? that conjures up all kinds of cans of worms.

a 2 year old could tell he said he had it. there shouldn't have to be a scientific way for him to say what he said.

Last edited:
:hippy::hippy::hippy::hippy::hippy::hippy:
My view and your view doesn't really matter lol fact is Michael was seeing Lisa while Debbie was home pregnant. Michael decided to marry Lisa first when he knew Debbie years before the marriage.

This is all so very strange to us but as a psyco-therapist, They hear it all the time.

Michael knew Debbi was very stable. He had lnon here a very long time. Through my experience, getting married at 20 yrs old is too young. I feel she wanted to make things work with her but she couldn't handle the pressure. That could explain why she does Oprah intervies.

She says, " she was concered about the kids to not put them through a divorce".and look what she did, she married someone else and divored him too.

I think Ms Presely to was a fanand was lucky to have the opportunity to marry Michael Jackson. She couldn't handle his rigorous scheduleas to be ready at the dime of a hat-but, Michael loved her, I believe beloved!!!:wub:

It's too bad she couldn't she was too imature to handle it. :happy_dance:

I got married at 20 and it was truly a mistake! (too young). Now in her forties she undertands her mistake. :praying Sorry she keeps using Oprah for her plateform.:scratch:

Last edited:
I just want to thank the moderators of the MJJCommunity. You proved once again what this board is really all about and why it is my favourite place in the online fancommunity. Thank you.

I'm so angry at Lisa. Look at the headlines! Look at what she did to his name...AGAIN! Doesn't that woman get bored of talking about the same man for 16 years? Doesn't she feel pathetic that all her interviews are MJ MJ MJ MJ MJ?

She hurt his name, she hurt the fans and she disregarded his children. Selfish. That's just typically Lisa. Typically Lisa. I don't know what the man saw in her.

Me, too, dear. I didn't cry, but I definitely felt the sting all over again that I haven't felt in a very long time. I barely slept last night and my heart is still hurting today. We are all still in healing-mode... and someone f*cking twisted the knife back in . :cry: Please, God... not again. :no: LMP Just move the fuck on and STFU for the sake of Michael's fans!! Selfish, conniving %(&$@!!!

That's how I feel and I'm so mad at her for that. It's been so hard to sleep and think now. It feels almost like 2009 again.

This is an MJ board. First and foremost. Don't come in here thinking you are going to spit on MJ to make Lisa look better. Go find a message board of hers for that. It won't happen here. It does not mean you can not stan for Lisa. But, you will not do so at MJ's expense. Nor will you do so at the expense of your fellow fans. Just because a fan does not agree with what Lisa has said does not mean that they are a hater. it does not mean they think MJ is perfect and above all fault. It means they don't agree with Lisa. Be an adult and have a conversation and maybe try to find out why they feel the way they do before you jump down their throats. In addition, do not assume that just because a fan agrees with Lisa that they have abandoned MJ and no longer care about him. Be an adult and have a conversation and maybe try to find out why they feel the way they do before you jump down their throats. You might be surprised and learn something you didn't know before.

I don't think this can ever be emphasized enough. I really can't stand it when people come on MICHAEL J JACKSON COMMUNITY and think it's ok to try to disgrace him. Go elsewhere.

P.S.

I really don't think it's a good idea to watch the Katherine interview with Oprah now.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

What do you guys think of this?
Oprah is the only one to blame for these bogus headlines! It was her that chose to dwell on the whole drug subject, not Lisa! Lisa only answered what was asked of her, and stupid Oprah couldn't find anything else to ask her about. Like I said before, Lisa was sooooo ready to answer anything she asked, but Oprah just wasted the time on these worthless questions. Lisa isn't the reason for these outrageous headlines, Oprah is. They wouldn't have even existed if Oprah didn't ask her those questions :(. Oh well, at least these smart @ss's are convinced that the marriage was real...that's the only positive thing that came from this video.

EWWWWWWW!:bugeyed:puke: WTF? What kinda reporting was that CNN/Showbiz Tonight video?:doh: Laughing and telling corny jokes!:mat: Asking Dean Cain "Superman?"

Last edited:
I just want to thank the moderators of the MJJCommunity. You proved once again what this board is really all about and why it is my favourite place in the online fancommunity. Thank you.

You are more than welcome. This isn't the easiest job in the world but we give up our free time to help moderate this place because we want to. We want fans everywhere to feel that they can come here and not be in the position that they have to defend Michael on a Michael Jackson fan site. I have multiple reports of other sites allowing that but we will not allow it here.

We want everyone to have to share their opinion without the fear of being mocked and ridiculed, called stupid etc. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion here free from ridicule. But what we ask is that respect for each other be the perogative when disagreeing with someone. Don't call them stupid because their opinion is different to yours.

This is a place for Michael and we are here to uphold his legacy. All this weekend news outlets are reporting the interview all focusing on not when LMP said Michael was amazing, loving etc, but the drugs. In the end of the day as ginvid said LMP said she suspected it and the media have grasped that word like they are about to fall off a cliff. But to label him a drug addict is simply incorrect. Yes we know he had a dependency at one point but he admitted this and got treatment. Discussion over.

We only delete posts and close threads when it is absolutly necessary and we really do not like doing it. But it cannot spiral out of control and we need to take steps to make sure it doesn't which is when we have to intervene. We simply won't tolerate Michael's name being dragged through the mud.

Thanks everyone.

yes. double thanks to the mods. i prefer the idea of not having to check myself and ask..am i a Michael Jackson fan on an MJ FAN BOARD?

and the latest media headlines prove that i was right about Lisa Marie Presley. she's getting her behind kissed by the media. and you don't get it kissed, unless you make Michael look bad. they are saying she revealed truth, though she was full of 'i guess' and 'i think'.

and of course, Oprah is getting worshipped by the same media, though she was full of assumptions rather than proof, both interviewer and interviewee doing it in the name of slandering Michael by calling him a drug addict. indeed, the media has a lot of envy of Michael. it will never end. they wouldn't talk about people 'humanizing him' if they weren't envious of him.

Last edited:
yes. double thanks to the mods. i prefer the idea of not having to check myself and ask..am i a Michael Jackson fan on an MJ FAN BOARD?

by the way, just like you predicted Lisa's "train heading in a certain direction" comment dominated the press reports. Media ignored all the good stuff and went with the drug and allegation remarks. One of the headlines I saw yesterday even referred to Michael as "Accused Abuser". It really pissed me off.

But, like the old fan saying goes - "We don't care what people say, we love Michael anyway!"

by the way, just like you predicted Lisa's "train heading in a certain direction" comment dominated the press reports. Media ignored all the good stuff and went with the drug and allegation remarks. One of the headlines I saw yesterday even referred to Michael as "Accused Abuser". It really pissed me off.

But, like the old fan saying goes - "We don't care what people say, we love Michael anyway!"

the media is evil. We do love Michael.

Still wondering what were LMP's intentions and purpose in the first place. Honesty and guilt, maybe. That's only human. If she realized that she had made mistakes, that she was not there at the right moment and wanted to publicly apologize, well good for her—although it might be a bit too late for everybody (duh!). So, why emphasize the drug theory? How could she know for sure after all these years being soooo "shut off" from Michael? It looks like she fell into the traps of Oprah's sneaky questioning. Great job for both of you, then.
It's okay to feel sorry and ask for apology—once the person has gone. But this time around, maybe she should have kept it all to herself.

Peace and love for Michael. Hopefully he doesn't care, wherever he is.

Last edited:
I first want to thank the moderators and owner of this forum. I know your work is hard but I have to thank you for cleaning the board cause yesterday I was so sad and mad in the same time on some posts here.
I still think Lisa could say things differently, in a better way... She knows how the media is... I just seen some media headlines and my heart is broken once again. This interview didn't help Michael, made things worse for his name. Now he is seen as a "drug addict and possibly a child abuser".
People doesn't understand Michael didn't die like Elvis... His drugs were prescribed by his doctor, the doses were gave by his doctor and died with a doctor in his house. He was killed cause of the overdose gave by his doctor.
She could say Michael was not capable of hurting a child instead of "I was not there..." because this opens a big door for the media. Now they can say "even his ex-wife is not sure..."
As long as Lisa said after their divorce that Michael didn't love her and that he used her...and that he was the biggest mistake of her life... can't make me trust her again. If you love someone as much as you say, you don't go out and say loud all those things, even if you are angry and sad. You try to make things better in private, with him.
Even if she is sorry now, I think it's too late.
Well, this is my last post about this, I think I gave to much attention for something that didn't deserved.

I think she was honest and while not revealing some things, she acknowledged she was to blame for situations too.

She loved him and he loved her.

Someone need to show LMP the damn autopsyreport.

Michael and LMP had been distant from each other for almost a decade. I just find it very hard to belive or imagine that anyone so estranged could have saved MJ in 2009 from medical malpractice.

Excactly how could she have saved him and from what, really?

We all knew that they were together after the divorce until 2000-2001.So nothing knew.

But there is one thing VERY IMORTANT IN THIS INTERVIEW :

Lisa knows the names of the vultures...people who wanted to kill Michael, like he told her after the trial in 2005...

When he called her, to tell her she was right about the vultures, HE TOLD HER THE NAMES of these bastards!

If only she stay with him after the trial, if only.....:(

For years I have been so confuse why the media behaves as if it is impossible for anyone to love him, what are they blind? Although Michael had plastic surgery he was a very handsome man not only did he have a physical attraction but his personalty is great which drew women attraction to him...So I don't get it why they think no one would love him..They just wanna believe what they wanna believe...Like that crappy lying excuse that LMP gave of their break up relating to some drug use when her interview clearly showed they broke Because she did not want to give him a child and THAT'S the real reason they broke up.

hope she will be happy when murray walks and mjs legacy and reputation continues to be destroyed while he cant defend himself. she must be incredibly bitter to want such revenge on a dead man.as if her lies in the past werent pathetic enough with her selctive memory disorder. she now does this. shame on you.

Last edited:
I think she was honest and while not revealing some things, she acknowledged she was to blame for situations too.

She loved him and he loved her.

This quote sums things up for me.

If LMP felt the need to speak to the world in this way to somehow absolve herself, then that's her choice.

As someone else also said in a previous post, "no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors". We can't and shouldn't speculate what went on in MJ and LMP's relationship.

I also applaud LMP for being open and honest.

Last edited:
If LMP felt the need to speak to the world in this way to somehow absolve herself, then that's her choice.
she has a habit of trying to play the victim as shown in her previous interviews. shame some of mjs dignity never rubbed off on her. well i guess murrays defence list is getting longer.

I still don't understand her, and I do not forgive her. Not in the slightest. To keep picturing this innocent man as a molester, and a drug abuser....well, that is just despicable. I hope she's happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back