VERY POSITIVE: Gest on Mike: Sets some rumours straight :)

lilseanb

Proud Member
David Gest did an interview for Sky News which was VERY positive!

He said that the whole Poetry album is rubbish saying he had said in an interview that YEARS ago Michael put the poetry to music for a show Gest was working on.

Gest said he spoke to Michael 2 days ago and said your going to be reading that your doing an album of poems, to which Michael apparantly laughed and joked about it.

Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller (That i doubt but still great for him to say)

He also said Mike is getting himself into shape and dancing and working lots. and that he is in very good health (unlike articlles released yesterday saying he could no longer dance)

He also said the Vegas and O2 rumours are just that, he said Mike is focused on just getting his record done and getting it out there for everyone to hear

You can watch the interview if you press the red button on SkyNews and then go to the Showbiz Section

I saw it was on, I was at the gym so I couldn't here anything, so it's nice to know that I can get to it through the trusty red button. (But the gym were playing michael videos and his King of Pop Album was the gyms reccomeded album of the month). :)

Nice, but I HATE it when ppl says his next album is gonna be as big as Thriller. Even if Mike make hugely successfull comeback its not gonna be Thriller. That was then this is now.

Still - do you prefer them saying that or saying that Thriller is the only good thing he's ever done ;)

YAY! I love David Gest!

Thanks for posting!!!

but i dont see the video on the site. I just see an article about MJ turning 50

Last edited:
YAY! I love David Gest!

Thanks for posting!!!

but i dont see the video on the site. I just see an article about MJ turning 50

There isnt a video on their website...
If you have SKY tv in UK then you press the red button on the remote control and it displays it on there :)

And Yep, cheers for that Sean (dude, lol)

AWW thank you so much for posting Sean.
Its good to hear about the album but I also don't like to see it being compared to Thriller. I hate the idea that Michael is constantly under pressure to perform as well as thriller. He needs to be left alone to let his creativity flow from his heart and soul.

"Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller (That i doubt but still great for him to say)"

So, we have at least 3 tracks either done or close to done (I assume), and Hold My Hand. Total of 4 songs ready for the album. We're getting close ^_^

"Gest said that he has heard 3 tracks off Mikes new album and says they are amazing, and that the album is going to be as big as Thriller (That i doubt but still great for him to say)"

So, we have at least 3 tracks either done or close to done (I assume), and Hold My Hand. Total of 4 songs ready for the album. We're getting close ^_^

I bet there is way more done then 3. Will.i.am said over a year ago that 3 songs were done...so assuming we all believe Michael has recorded in the last year then I can guarantee there is probably much more done. Akon and Michael have done several songs plus the stuff from Ne-Yo, Mikes own songs, and the couple songs submitted by Teddy Riley. If I was to guess I would say Mike has already finished over a dozen songs and just showed Gest the top 3, maybe the first 3 global singles or something to get an opinion.

Nice, but I HATE it when ppl says his next album is gonna be as big as Thriller. Even if Mike make hugely successfull comeback its not gonna be Thriller. That was then this is now.

If Michael released it as a "free" album and made money from a tour and other things then a huge number of people would download or get it. Possibly even more than the number of people who bought Thriller.

Hopefully Hold My Hand will not be on the new album.

Mike can do a lot better for his own project.

It is great to hear but since 2005 we have been hearing that a so called new album Michael is working on is soon to be released lol I've totally given up on that theory now but who knows maybe he'll suprise us at 90 or something lol

Back