Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Re: MJ Mausoleum -- Fans No Longer Welcome

I imagine fans playing loud loud MJ music while gathering, etc. Kind of wrong place to do.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case then, its very inappropriate. This is a cemetary for crying out loud.
I understand fans have visited but I never know they had been, " Party Up In Here...Throw your hands in the air like you just don't care". It's not a place for a concert, geesszzzzzz :( ...:doh::sad2:

When it is time for us fans to be taken seriously, if need be regarding the trial of Murray, we can get the boot. Everthing we have invested our time in for Michael, is GONE!!! true pitiful.

There's an article about it on yahoo today:

Michael Jackson Fans Seek Permission to Visit Grave

June 1, 2010, 1:26 pm Jessica Bayly whomagazine
Fans rally together for permits to see Michael Jackson's grave.

michaelslash-16097qb.jpg
WireImage.com

A global rally is underway to revise the strict visiting rules imposed by officials at the cemetery where the "King of Pop" is buried.
A fan group called Justice4MJ are planning to visit the mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California on June 25, 2010, - the first anniversary of the death of the singer.
The Daily Express reported that a rep from the group has requested authorities to "take into consideration" the large number of fans who will be travelling from across the globe for the special day.
The fan group originated online where fans came together to demand justice for what they believe was the murder of Michael Jackson and hold Dr. Conrad Murray responsible for ending the singer's life.
"For those of you with blood on your hands, his fans are standing up, telling the truth and setting the record straight. You may have destroyed the life and contributed to the death of the greatest entertainer that ever lived, but we will not let you have his legacy." is seen on the website of the group.
Jackson's brother, Randy, is supporting the rally and has asked officials to hand out permits to visitors to the burial place.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/a...-jackson-fans-seek-permission-to-visit-grave/

God, I remember that fiasco. That cake cost a bomb and you're right, everyone knew it was Raymone's fault, no one blamed Michael. Plus when Michael found out he offered to reimburse the organisers for everything, including the venue.

I remember that. She was a mean lady. She was another person who contributed to Michaels misery.:( That cake was beautiful. :flowers:

People actually played music outside the mausoleum? Wow, I'm shocked. I really didn't think that was something that would happen. Lets just see what happens with it. I'm not one who feels the need to go there really but I understand those who do. I hope some arrangement can be made.

Can the original poster or a staff change that misleading TMZ title?

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/06/01/michael-jackson-fans-banned-from-gravesite/
Michael Jackson Fans Banned from Gravesite?
With the first anniversary of Michael’s Jackson’s June 25 death approaching, there are reports that Forest Lawn Ceme- tery in Glendale, Calif., is taking steps to ban people from gathering near the site where the “King of Pop” is laid to rest.
Those who linger on the patio of the Great Mausoleum (in photo) will be asked to move on,, according to TMZ.
A Forest Lawn spokesman tells AOL Travel, that M.J. fans are still welcome to pay their respects, but there have been “some alterations of what we will permit. ” He declined to give specifics.
“We’re reviewing all options at this time and haven’t really made any special accom- modations for the month of June,” the spokesman added.
The mausoleum itself is not open to tourists. But the cemetery is public and vis- itors are allowed on the grounds. In fact, many tourists visit Forest Lawn to see the gravesites of the rich and famous. Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable and Walt Disney are also among those buried there.
According to the Forest Lawn website, the Great Mausoleum gets architectural in- spiration coming from the world-famous Campo Santo in Genoa, Italy, and was called the “New World’s Westminster Abbey” by Time Magazine. The mau- soleum has a stained glass reproduction of Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” and replicas of Michelangelo sculptures.
Michael Jackson fans have been gather- ing at the site since he was buried there last September.

Can the original poster or a staff change that misleading TMZ title?

Yes, please. It's really misleading and we don't have to help TMZ to do their thing. This is FALSE. Fans can go to Forest Lawn as usual, but at some point, big groups, noisy groups, disrespectful groups, will not be allowed to walk up the stairs to the small patio right outside the doors of the mausoleum. That's it. But fans CAN go and pay our respects there. As I told in my last post, before posting this, i confirmed directly from 2 friends who visited FL this weekend (and in fact, they could make it to the very same door and at least one of them stood there on her own, quiet and silently and respectfully, as expected in a cementery).

I had such a bad time due to those misleading Totally Mean Zombies, that is, TMZ :puke:

Re: MJ Mausoleum Fans No Longer Welcome/F.Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permi

I have already edited the title

Re: MJ Mausoleum Fans No Longer Welcome/F.Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permi

I have already edited the title
:hug:
thanks so much!

I wonder what these alterations will be and if fans will still be allowed on the patio. No matter what happens the treating it like a concert venue needs to stop. It simple isn't the place to play music.

I had such a bad time due to those misleading Totally Mean Zombies, that is, TMZ :puke:

Hahaha that a good name for them!

I think they will allow the fans to visit there as long as they don't start loitering there. Take your flowers/gifts to the patio, pay your respect for a few minutes and then leave. Isn't that how it goes at the cemeteries in general?

And for all the fans that are planning on going on June 25th what about his family? They really need to have a brief period only where fans are allowed. On the anniversary his parents, siblings, and children should be able to visit without having to deal with crowds.

is conrad murray still welcome?:unsure::doh:

TMZ has successfully stirred the pot again. I don't see where it says fans can't visit. It reads to me like Forest Lawn is enforcing its loitering policy more now than than it has in the past. Maybe because because of complaints or for other reasons, we don't know.

Has anyone contacted Forest Lawn to get a statement?

This is correct that it did not mention fans. I was sort of upset seeing this as I have been making plans to go there. I don't wish to say anything further on it, because of F/B I took some heat over it and it became a drama session over there.

I contacted Forest Lawn and got two responses. the first one said yes you can go, but "not" inside. Then came the second one, more stern like and it looks like a typical rule and regulation e-mail from them.

Here it is:
Marjorie,
After reviewing your email below, and acknowledging your desire to visit Forest Lawn for the purpose of visitation, I must remind you that Forest Lawn is private property and we reserve the right to restrict access if we believe any guest will interfere with our ability to conduct our normal operations, or if we believe guests will not conduct themselves in a respectful and reverent manner. As of today, we have made no special accommodations to facilitate visitation during the month of June.
Regarding your comments pertaining to the identification of interment sites within our Parks, Forest Lawn works with each family to ensure that the ability to mark the interment site is made available to them. Once a family determines a design for identification, Forest Lawn facilitates the request.
Thank you for your interest in Forest Lawn.

The first one said
Yes we will be open on June 25th from 8:00AM -6:00PM.
The interment location where Michael Jackson is interred is
completed private and out of view. He is within the Great Mausolem.
You be able to go only to the entrance to the mausoleum

I feel that we have leave rest in peace. Michael did spend his life with a lot of ppl around of him, Because even the fans can suffocate even though you love them

I feel it's the time to leave rest in peace literally! But i'ts hard for the fans don't go to the mausoleum, don't get near of him... I understand, I want to visit him too but I think it's not right and I have to leave him. But it's personal feeling.

mjs gone hes resting. ppl going there or not isnt going to make any difference to that.

I do not want to be selfish and go there just because I cannot deal with my own grieve privately.
thats a harsh judgement to make nothing to do with not being able to grieve privately and being selfish

Last edited:

So are the fans who go on the 3rd of every month still going today?

So are the fans who go on the 3rd of every month still going today?

Yes they are.

From their Twitter:

Our monthly visit to Michael today. We will post pics on mjfsc.org and facebook.com/mjfsc later tonight.

And for all the fans that are planning on going on June 25th what about his family? They really need to have a brief period only where fans are allowed. On the anniversary his parents, siblings, and children should be able to visit without having to deal with crowds.

I totally agree.

mjs gone hes resting. ppl going there or not isnt going to make any difference to that.

Agreed people should let the man rest, he was hounded enough by fans and media in life he doesn't need it in death.

think your agreeing with the wrong post.lol he isnt aware of anything

Sounds like nothing has changed really, fans can still go and stand outside the Great Mausolem. Interesting how Elvis was buried in a public cemetary but they had to move him because of the amount of fans that were visiting the cemetary and so he was moved to graceland.

Holly Terrace Happenings

Today was the first time I've been to Holly Terrace at Forest Lawn Glendale since the "new rules" for Michael Jackson fans have been in place. I went to document the monthly delivery of memorial items sent in from around the world.
In a nutshell, since around May 25th or thereabouts, Forest Lawn security personnel have been verbally instructing fans who visit that they are no longer allowed to congregate on the top porch where the entry doors are, but are welcome to linger on the lower porch, sidewalk and adjacent lawn.
Fans who send flowers, cards, stuffed animals and other gifts for delivery by The Official Michael Jackson Fans of Southern California as well as the original MJFSC have been abuzz on Facebook, Twitter and other MJ message boards, expressing concern that this new policy would have a negative affect on placement of their heartfelt tributes to the King of Pop.
They need not have worried. After eight months of such deliveries, Forest Lawn management understands the importance of this ritual. The June items were indeed placed at the door as usual, after which fans who made the delivery stayed in the approved areas. A few non-regulars who drifted were courteously yet firmly reminded to either move back or leave by security.

So, why the new rules? Last week Forest Lawn executives told me that they'd get back to me with official word, but that didn't happen. They didn't reveal any details to AOL Travel either, so I don't feel singularly snubbed. (Thank you, Halima Larbi at MJDreams.net and MJJNews for the link.)
Unofficially, according to Forest Lawn sources I spoke with, the main catalyst for the change in ground rules was TMZ's May 21st publication of photos of MJ's sarcophagus surrounded by Lisa Marie Presley-inspired sunflowers. I've been doing some investigation into the photographer but since I haven't had a chance to speak with that person directly for details, I'll save that for another post when I can give you first-hand quotes.
What I can tell you is that MJ fans have been in an uproar over these latest TMZ photos. Images of MJ's final resting place have long been a hot button topic since his entombment, sparking off heated debates and downright vicious catfights on the internet between those for and against, but that's a whole other Jerry Springer.
The crux of the matter is that fan anxiety has been further compounded by the fact that hundreds, if not thousands, of fans have made travel arrangements to be in Los Angeles on June 25th to mark the first anniversary of MJ's passing. Local fans have been equally distressed. Naturally, at the top of their agendas are plans to visit Holly Terrace to pay respects and process their grief, and most have worried that this latest incident has put that all in jeopardy.
Apparently, as of this writing, that is not the case.
Forest Lawn spokesperson Bill Martin told me last week that "nothing has been settled yet" for June 25th and that, overall, the cemetery is a private business on private property; visitors are welcome but those who don't follow the rules will be summarily removed from the premises. In other words, business as usual. Randy Jackson recently tweeted about the matter but there's been no updates on his page since, as of this current screen cap tonight:

The June video is set to Stevie Wonder's "Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer" -- the song he sang at the Staples Center public memorial. I chose it in honor of Stevie's fan-witnessed visit to Holly Terrace on May 31st, when he and his children brought birthday flowers to his mother Lula Mae Hardaway who is entombed two sanctuaries over (steps away) from MJ's location.

[youtube]ybw_n5IEn2E[/youtube]

http://lisaburks.typepad.com/gravehunting/2010/06/holly-terrace-happenings.html

Fans can still go and leave gifts for MJ

http://lisaburks.typepad.com/gravehunting/2010/06/holly-terrace-happenings.html

OP: can you please remove that useless TMZ lie from your title (MJ Mausoleum Fans No Longer Welcome/)? June 25th is fast approaching and many fans may wanna go to Forest Lawn to pay their respect. I don't want that TMZ made up lie dissuading anyone.

Last edited:

^^ Good point.

thanks for the info.. I'll say once again, people who work at Forest lawn are really really nice and understanding. Thankyou to them for being so kind towards the fans.

I hope this isn't true, I really want to go to FL one day in the future, I don't see why fans shouldn't be able to just go and put some flowers or something down, say a little prayer and then leave

Back