Let's talk about this amazing movie! (SPOILERS!)

Wow, I saw it twice only so far. At the afternoon screening I went to everyone applauded twice at the end. For a short time watching it I forgot MJ has left us.

This concert would have blown all before it out of the water and set new standards in presenting a concert.

I only opened my ticketmaster envelope today, I was waiting for the right moment and today was it.

I was only upset that we didn't get to see MJ moonwalk one last time, or hear is laugh much. God I miss his laugh so much.
R.I.P Mike. Love you brother.

Re: My Fav bit has got to be Right at the end after the credits!

That was indeed very funny. I'm glad I stayed until the very end. I wanted to see the dedication to Michael's children, which was truly at the very, very end.

Didn't you just love the stewardess thingy ? I thought that was hilarious!

I just came back too *cries* I LOVED it. It was unbelievable I was so speechless. My mouth dropped [REALLY!] when he sang Jam, I thought he wasnt singin live!:shock: His voice was smoooothhh.. I didnt realize tears were in my eye and without knowing it I tears started comin down when he sang ''I'll Be There'' :cry: when I walked out I realized I was in a dream. A dream that actually we will never be able to see anymore. And he was so cute! I've never seen him like this before, you could even see he was happy himself. Beat It was just wayyyyyy too cute when he got up there! there were too many funny stuff he said. aghh I miss 'em so much :(

I honestly was pretty dissapointed with the audience though. I saw only one girl who wore a fedora and thats it. they didnt clap more than 10 seconds! Some walked out when the screen got smaller like, he was still singing wth! I thought some of them would take a minute silence after the movies over but nope.. On the other side I was amazed how Michael can bring all types of people together, from people from above 50's to kids from a year or 10. I had a good time and definitely will be seeing it again but if you ask me how I, like, feel,..I really dont know what to say like many others here. I dont know what to say and thats pretty much why im not talking about and just straight to bed and just think.

I am so thankful for letting us see this though. It was magic.

Last edited:

That was indeed very funny. I'm glad I stayed until the very end. I wanted to see the dedication to Michael's children, which was truly at the very, very end.

Yeah, the stewardess thing was funnier I thought... god the people around the Staples there don't know how lucky they were... :)

Its so hard.

I dont know how I feel right now. Am I happy that he was so awesome? Am I sad that we lost such a great talent and This Is It never realised its full potential?

I cannot put the film into words.

People keep asking me if its good, and I just say 'Yeah it was amazing!' but feel like thats not enough. Like I cant do it justice.

Its a film like no other for a man like no other.

Re: What surprised you about the movie ( happily or sadly)

What suprised me is why this great human being was taken away from us too soon. I mean his message in this tour was about the world and all about love. I don't think the message will get accross as it would've done if he was here. I just can't believe that our beautiful Michael is no longer with us. It pains me so much. I was happy in the cinema, but now.. I'm sat here crying thinking, why's it come to this...? I'm so upset :cry: I miss him SO much. I don't understand anything. All he ever did for this world was good. Then he left in such a tragic way. OH God I feel sick.. sorry for the morbid comment.. :cry: :(

OH MY GOSH!! yeh that was really funny!!

bless him! i bet it was alot of fun working with him.

:]

Its so hard.

I dont know how I feel right now. Am I happy that he was so awesome? Am I sad that we lost such a great talent and This Is It never realised its full potential?

I cannot put the film into words.

People keep asking me if its good, and I just say 'Yeah it was amazing!' but feel like thats not enough. Like I cant do it justice.

Its a film like no other for a man like no other.

I know exactly how you feel. In a way, I think the home release will help a lot with that. More Michael, that we can pause, rewind, re-watch and treasure at home in privacy and in whatever way we choose. Kinda like Michael would have done with this footage... :cry:

Last edited:
its wierd because i found myself almost thinking that i was still going to see him.
that his was like, a trailer for the shows?
i was getting excited like 'oh thatll be good'
then you realise :/

I know exactly how you feel. In a way, I think the home release will help a lot with that. More Michael, that we can pause, rewind, re-watch and treasure at home in privacy and in whatever way we choose.

Yes your right. Thats definately it!

I understand what people were saying now when I was reading peoples feedback this morning. People were saying they couldnt sleep if I recall, I think thats how ill feel.

I feel like I want to see it again right now.

When he was teaching the dance for the drill/TDCAU!!! PURE HOTNESS!!!!

Oh - My- God - YES. What a friggin' sexy piece of a$$, JEEZUS!!! I was out of breath just watching that. LoL. God, he's hott there.

I just need to see that movie again! (I hope with less silly people talking loud or laughing when MJ says "I love you" or rustle with popcorn ... yuk, I didn't need that

The bit when he says...''Then ill say jermain marlon...Joesph Katherine, I love you..''

I didn't expect him to mention his parents, that took me back a bit..I wonder if he mentioned his kids but maybe they left it out of the film to aviod the tears?

I kinda liked the enthusiasm of my cinema crowd, although they did laugh at the flipflap which kinda annoyed me... :/

forgot to mention, there was these big cardboard posters in the lobby and i said to the guy checking the tickets 'I want that' kinda jokily. and he said 'ok give me your name and address and if the promoters dont ask for them back you can have it'! Hope i get it, no idea where it will fit in my house but ill find a way :D

I hate it hat I couldnt stay till the very very end. my sister said that everyone is leaving so we should too. Next time im staying cause I want to see it! :(

Yeah...

I need to see this again. Like soon.
I'm listening to the This Is It album (some fans were protesting against buying it, but I dove in without thinking). I don't have half the songs in there so Im really enjoying it on full blast.

I love Michael. And I miss him so much.
I really really do...

I'm hoping that the DVD release will include much more footage. I dont care if they make at 30 something disc volume set with all 200 hours in it. Id buy and watch. You just can't get enough of MJ in this film. It felt too short. How long was it anyways? 2 hours? It should have been 4!! :p

forgot to mention, there was these big cardboard posters in the lobby and i said to the guy checking the tickets 'I want that' kinda jokily. and he said 'ok give me your name and address and if the promoters dont ask for them back you can have it'! Hope i get it, no idea where it will fit in my house but ill find a way :D

Good move!!! :) I hope you get it!

just got back ...... MJ was EPIC.

Amazing....!!!!!!

What's more amazing... I brought home the life size promotion billboard home!

OMG OMG OMG OMG .... i got to piece it together tomorrow .

Wow! How'd you get it so early?! They're making me wait until the movie leaves the theater. =/ I went to three different theaters and spoke to managers and gave them my info and made them promise me (multiple times, LoL) that they would inform me when they were through with all the promo stuff and that they would hold it for me until I came to pick it up. =D Can't wait!!!

The audience in my theater cheered during the part where Kenny asked MJ how would he know when to start during Smooth Criminal. And MJ responded "I'll feel it."

Haha, after Kenny asked that some lady in my theater said "I'll feel it" and then MJ said it and everyone was like "Omg!" and laughing. It was crazy! I love that the people I was with "get him." They weren't superfans, no one was dressed up or dancing along. It was just a bunch of 40-50 year old people who grew up along side him and considered him family. At almost 22, I was definitely, by far, the youngest. I was way surprised. I just wish there hadn't been so much rustling and that they hadn't chewed so noisily, LoL. =P

Just back from seeing it a second time. Just as amazing as the first time I saw it. The second time I watched I tried to see if I could pick up on what the This Is Not It ppl are saying. I think its all BS but at one point MJ did seem to be out of sorts and you can tell in his reactions and voice.

Its at the begining of Smooth Criminal when Kenny thinks everyone misses the queue and Michael says "I'm sizzling" then at the very end of the song, the last words sang "you've been struck by a smooth criminal"

Anyone else think Michael wasn't himself there?

I hate it hat I couldnt stay till the very very end. my sister said that everyone is leaving so we should too. Next time im staying cause I want to see it! :(

oh you defo should! its really funny!! :]

well i thought it was. but i do laugh at everything! hehe.

I got back from the cinema a couple of hours ago!! It was great!!!! I felt so good for seeing Michael again!!! But there were some moments that I couldn't hold back my tears (earth song, i'll be there)... He is perfect in the whole movie...The vocals are wonderful and so are the dance moves!!! My favourites are Earth song, Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean!!!

While the movie was great, I sat next to some people who couldn'ts stop talking and laughing, especially one of them...I got so annoyed...If they don't want to see it then why so they go and annoy all the others who want to admire Michael...

I'm just back from seeing it, omg it was amazing!

I was almost hyperventilating when it started!

I was kind of in a daze though and for some reason I can't remember very much :( Especially at the end! I just remember it going into Man In The Mirror and then it just showed him with his arms up in the air and said ''Michael Jackson'' so then I burst out crying, like sobbing really loudly! No one else was crying except my other friend sitting beside who is an MJ fan too, she turned to me and goes ''Sad, wasn't it'' and saw me crying so then she starting bawling. My other two non MJ fans were so annoying! They talked the whole way through and asked stupid questions like ''Why is he doing that?'' ''What's he doing now?'' ''What does he mean?'' and then when I was crying they started laughing and saying ''It wasn't that sad!''. Grrr!

I wish I had stayed till the credits were over! I just wanted out of there I was too upset. I can't believe he's gone! What the heck!!

Some of my favourite parts of the film were:

The cherry picker were he was going weeeeee! :D

Where he was bossing Kenny around when Kenny was supposed to be the boss :)

The videos! They were amazing! I looooved Thriller! Smooth Criminal and Earth song were amazing too!

After They Don't Care About Us when he does his cute little smile :)

Billy Jean!

The J5 songs!

OMG I loved it all and there were so many other parts I loved too but I can't remember alot of it! Grrr! I can't wait till it comes out on DVD so I can snuggle up in bed by myself and watch it over and over :) I was going to go see it again in cinema but I don't think I will. I just want to watch it comfortably by myself.

The crowd in the cinema was soooo dry! No one cheered, no one clapped, no one sang along, no one danced and as far as I know apart from two of us, no one even cryed! Oh and I went to the very first showing and I swear there were no more then 20 people there!

Oh well I just loved, loved, loved it :)

The crowd in the cinema was soooo dry! No one cheered, no one clapped, no one sang along, no one danced and as far as I know apart from two of us, no one even cryed! Oh and I went to the very first showing and I swear there were no more then 20 people there!
i dont think its a northern eruo thing to do tbh. i went this morning first showing other than 4am about 30 ppl in there. it was sombre. ppl just sat there and took it in like a wake and at the end not a word was said like u get at the end of a film when ppl start chating about it. just refelctive quietness i guess as at that time i guess it was just fans in there

The very short clip of Speechless...was this just a spontaneous improvisation by Michael or was it actually going to be considered on the setlist? It was very short but I started welling up at this too.

I LOVED the Smooth Criminal video, it was AMAZING!!

I also loved it when Mike was on the cherry picker & he went "weeeeeeee" :D

Re: What surprised you about the movie ( happily or sadly)

I was surprised to see how much of *Michael* was shown, not "Michael Jackson the omnipotent entertainer", but Michael, that beautiful beautiful boy. Thank God he is finally being given this. The world will finally have the chance to see a presentation of Michael that is completely unaffected - no underhanded commentary, no editing with an agenda - just Michael being Michael. I hope that this is only the beginning.

I also loved it when Mike was on the cherry picker & he went "weeeeeeee" :D
thats so annoying cause i dont remember the weeeee bit lo

i dont think its a northern eruo thing to do tbh. i went this morning first showing other than 4am about 30 ppl in there. it was sombre. ppl just sat there and took it in like a wake and at the end not a word was said like u get at the end of a film when ppl start chating about it. just refelctive quietness i guess as at that time i guess it was just fans in there

I had a similar experience when I went to the 9am screening. Quite a solemn crowd, there were a few tears though. Even some men were crying. I saw it again a bit later and the crowd was more interactive. A bit distracting with the talking etc. I was quite surprised to see so many young children there, all excited about it.

Re: Anyone Else Having Conflicting Feelings??

There was some strange pointing moves alright but i can only assume this was just for rehearsals because some of them didn't really look good, that's not criticism now i was like you and i was wondering what non fans would think looking at these moves.

I thought that the pointing was where the lights were gonna shine from during the concerts. Like a "Pow, Pow, Pow" sort of thing. I was at the first screening at my local cinema and I had the same thing with non fans talking through it and making noises. They probably went with a friend who is a fan.

EDIT: After a second watch, it seemed to do it every time he was accentuating all the words in a line of a song. Probably just a habit or for practice.

Last edited:
just got back a couple of hours ago,from my first time seeing it, i thought it was great,my sister has became a fan recently and at the end of the movie ,i heard someone clapping really loudly on my row,i turned and looked , it was my sister then i started clapping ,then the whole cinema started clapping ,so well done to my sis for starting everyone off,i really enjoyed myself but felt sad at the same time.on the way out was a little girl all dressed up like michael with the glove on and everything.

Back